Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    There was some discussion about this and after some research, I found this article:
    3G Mobile Hotspot, Free or Not?

I followed it to a point, but then the screens don't jibe with the instructions. Anyone else found a different alternative?
    Thanked by:
    crazie 

Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    There was some discussion about this and after some research, I found this article:
    3G Mobile Hotspot, Free or Not?

I followed it to a point, but then the screens don't jibe with the instructions. Anyone else found a different alternative?
    I just posted another link, same results. I modified the commands at the end in my post, but linked to the source as well. Here's the thread I put it in. Probably deserving of being here instead.

****Nevermind. I think my post keeps getting deleted. I thought the first time it was an error on my part. Now I'll assume I'm not supposed to post what I was posting and leave it at that.

My apologies to the Mods if that's the case.

OK, so after chatting with a Mod, it seems the instructions had some items that set off the spam filter and needed moderator approval. All is well....the link is HERE.
    Last edited by crazie; 08-01-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Updated information
    Thanked by:

Thank you, worked for me!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Thanks crazie, looks like it's working. I'll test it when I get home to know for sure.

Did this affect anyone's billing?

I've been using it on and off (not every day, but usually multiple times a week, since this thread started and I haven't seen an increase in my bill.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waym1962 View Post
    Did this affect anyone's billing?
    No. Just don't go crazy and start downloading 25GB BluRay rips or something ridiculous. It's fine for internet, email, average downloads.