Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    I just picked up my Trophy for the first time since I've gotten my 8x (a couple weeks). I miss that little guy! Idk how everybody else feels, but the screen size of the Trophy was perfect! Kinda wish my 8x had that size screen! (and kept 720p) lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

I have no complaints about my Trophy. It's never given me any problems. I will upgrade her though. I'm in the waiting game. Being on Verizon and the rumors about the Samsung Odyssey which is supposed to be different than the Samsung ATIV S, I'm curious to see what that phone is like. So I wait for that or the Nokia 9xx possibly coming to Verizon also. If I don't get release dates for either of those, I'd mostly likely get the Nokia 822. I've played with the 8x and the 822 countless times. For my taste the 8x is a bit small in my hands. You can't go wrong with the expandable 822. Having said that, I continue the wait for my Trophy is rocking beta 7.8 and I'm loving it.

I love my htc trophy. In terms of functionality it has never let me down. Never has it frozen on me. However 8mp seems like the new standard and many of the new aps are WP8 only. I love the os more than i love the phone and i will be upgrading to the 8x for those two reasons. The trophy will be one of those things that only those who have owned it will respect it.

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharra View Post
    I love my htc trophy. In terms of functionality it has never let me down. Never has it frozen on me. However 8mp seems like the new standard and many of the new aps are WP8 only. I love the os more than i love the phone and i will be upgrading to the 8x for those two reasons. The trophy will be one of those things that only those who have owned it will respect it.
    I'm right there with you. I never had any issues with my Trophy either. I liked the 8X when I saw it here. It was even better looking when I saw it in person. I looked at it twice before I saw the Nokia 822. I immeditely liked the 822 better. The 8X is really long. The 822 has a bigger screen. I'm not comparing screen quality, just the size. You should at least check it out.

Love the Trophy but I am ready for an upgrade! The wait until May is killing me... Hopefully Verizon will have something by then worth waiting for!

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    Love the Trophy but I am ready for an upgrade! The wait until May is killing me... Hopefully Verizon will have something by then worth waiting for!
    I was hesitant too. But I'm happy I upgraded. The only thing that I'm missing from 7.5 is my internet sharing feature. But I still have my Trophy, if I need the IS, all I have to do is put the Trophy back on my account. I'm running the Nokia 822 and I love it. You really can't tell how nice these phones are until you see them in person. WP8 is just going to keep getting better. I think you will be happy with either phone.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,296 Global Posts
    Ugh. I'm debating with staying put with my Trophy (I NEED the hotspot feature) vs upgrading to te 8X. NOW I see more people talking about the 822 as well. Choices, choices, choices. One of the reasons why I HAVENT upgraded yet is the first production run issues. I'm hoping all those units will be gone by the time I am ready to upgrade. Did I mention I was due for a new one back in March?

Quote Originally Posted by riquejohnson View Post
    I have no complaints about my Trophy. It's never given me any problems. I will upgrade her though. I'm in the waiting game. Being on Verizon and the rumors about the Samsung Odyssey which is supposed to be different than the Samsung ATIV S, I'm curious to see what that phone is like. So I wait for that or the Nokia 9xx possibly coming to Verizon also. If I don't get release dates for either of those, I'd mostly likely get the Nokia 822. I've played with the 8x and the 822 countless times. For my taste the 8x is a bit small in my hands. You can't go wrong with the expandable 822. Having said that, I continue the wait for my Trophy is rocking beta 7.8 and I'm loving it.
    I am in the same boat. I have ad the Trophy for a little over a year coming from a touch pro two, prior to that imagio...sense a trend? I can't really complain about HTC, however the Nokia 822 in white is my next phone at this point. I really want to see what and where the Odyssey will fall feature and price wise. The SD card slot is the sway and I can't say that I have ever picked up the Trophy and ever complained to myself about the screen - size or resolution. While I have seen people dog the Trophy, I can't really dog it myself.
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    I've had my Trophy for 2-3 months :) My contract is going to end in a month so I'm probably going to upgrade to a Lumia 822

Quote Originally Posted by interopbyt View Post
    I've had my Trophy for 2-3 months :) My contract is going to end in a month so I'm probably going to upgrade to a Lumia 822
    Hmm, Nokia may have some exciting things planned on the Verizon horizon, I'm holding off my 822 upgrade (to buy outright to retain unlimited and I can't wait until October) to see what is in store. If V gets a 920-ish phone with sd card I am hooked and sold.

I've had my Verizon trophy since launch day. For various reasons im really attached to it. I use it ALL THE TIME. I carry it everywhere with reckless regard and no protection, and its still in super good shape.

The only problem I've ever had with it is that it mysteriously wouldn't charge any batteries for about a week, but it seemed to fix itself. The only other complaint I have is the camera sucking in low light.

If I could upgrade the OS to wp8 I'd probably keep it till it broke, which at this rate would probably be several years. I look forward to seeing how 7.8 freshens it up tonight.

I think if I were to upgrade, id go for the lumia 620. It seems to be this generation's trophy. But cuter

I also got my Trophy on launch day. I've been holding out for a 920-ish device to upgrade, but now I'm a little concerned about the Xbox music problems people are reporting.

Anyone that has already gone to WP8 have problems with it over the Zune experience? Especially podcasts?

I am still debating what I will get next month when I can get a Windows 8 phone on Verizon. I will miss my Trophy seems like :)
    My contract was over before I picked up my trophy (Craigslist). I figured I would sit tight until a Nokia high-end device came to big red. The 8x is a really nice device but I need an SD card to expand my memory past 16g. My trophy has already ran out of space on me once and I type this with only 1.6g left.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12