Long Term Trophy Users

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Trophy for about 6 months and have zero complaints at this point hardware wise. The only niggle I have, is the battery door ever so slightly moves when I'm holding my phone. Other than that, this phone has been rock solid stable, fast considering how old it is, and the battery can go two days without recharge.

My question is, for those of you who've had yours greater than a year or so, how has it held up since I'm seriously considering the 8X? This is my first HTC phone and although it seems as though it would last as long as I needed it to, I would like to hear from some of you who've experienced it firsthand.

TIA

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Had my trophy phone going on two years. I love it never had a problem at all I get a full day or longer out of a charge. Only takes 1 hour to charge, I find this phone very stable. And yes I will be getting the HTC 8 X as soon as they are available from Verizon.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Had mine for 2 years almost and never had an issue with it. I have now upgraded yesterday to the 8x, and already amazed at the overall quality.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for 2 years almost and never had an issue with it. I have now upgraded yesterday to the 8x, and already amazed at the overall quality.
Congrats on your new 8x, please keep us informed on your experiences with it, I can't wait for Verizon's to be available. What color did you get, how does it feel in the hand and how is the battery life an charging time.
Thanks.

TwinBitz

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the att version that was given out at the launch event and its really nice! It does get good battery life compared to my trophy! I can go all day playing on it and will have to charge it about dinner time. That's with my twins playing games on it with the new kids corner alot! If the odyssey does not own out to be a good phone with the same resolution I will be getting this phone on Verizon!! Microsoft is paying the bill for this att phone for 30days! Its very light and feels great in my hands. The screen is beautiful and I have not had a real problem with seeing the screen out side in sun light or with sunglasses on!
I was at the launch event btw and it was awesome to meet some of the developers that were there that work at Microsoft on the Windows Phone OS! Just wish I would have cotton a couple of emails for them!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my trophy for 2 years, still faster than all of my friends phones! Absolutely love it, didn't even feel the need to upgrade to wp8 until about a week ago, my touch screen doesn't work in certain spots cause I believe moisture got in the crack in my screen. I got the extended battery for it a while ago because of my intense use, and that made me enjoy the phone even more!

Was sold on an 8x upgrade but I'm going to do my best to hold off until Christmas or maybe even January to see what else becomes available!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hay TwinBlitz; Thanks for all the info on the HTC 8x glad to hear the kids are putting it to good use. Sounds like the best part is its on MS & at&t for 30 day. Again keep us updated!

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Been busy all weekend so not had a lot of playtime with my black 8x yet. Battery life is better than my trophy, launching apps and browsing internet is so much quicker and the screen is just beautiful. It feels great to hold and is very light.

Only thing i have to get used to is that the power button has moved to the top right and the volume keys are on the right side, compared to the opposite for my trophy.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Been busy all weekend so not had a lot of playtime with my black 8x yet. Battery life is better than my trophy, launching apps and browsing internet is so much quicker and the screen is just beautiful. It feels great to hold and is very light.

Only thing i have to get used to is that the power button has moved to the top right and the volume keys are on the right side, compared to the opposite for my trophy.

A few reviews have mentioned the buttons being flush with the body and thus making it hard to hit them. What's been your experience?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Not really had much problems with the volume, but the power button sometimes takes a couple of attempts. Not enough to bother me though.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Trophy for about 6 months and have zero complaints at this point hardware wise. The only niggle I have, is the battery door ever so slightly moves when I'm holding my phone. Other than that, this phone has been rock solid stable, fast considering how old it is, and the battery can go two days without recharge.

My question is, for those of you who've had yours greater than a year or so, how has it held up since I'm seriously considering the 8X? This is my first HTC phone and although it seems as though it would last as long as I needed it to, I would like to hear from some of you who've experienced it firsthand.

TIA

I've had my Trophy for a little over a year. I keep it in a case with screen protector and haven't any issues with it. Now with the Internet Sharing hack, I'm really loving it.

I'm interested in the 8X as well, provided we will be able to do the Internet Sharing hack to it. I won't even be looking to upgrade for a while and then depending on the full retail price. I'm not giving up my unlimited plan until they force it way from me.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a little over a year now and still rock solid. Only thing I have added is a Zagg shield. Other than that, NO ISSUES so far.
Battery lasts just over a day and I get ALOT of emails, texts and phone calls.

Will be getting the 8X on Vzw as soon as it comes out but will miss the Trophy. Was the BEST phone I've had in a LONG time.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
ive had my trophy since it came out on verizon having issues with it. My battery doesnt last longer than 35-45 mins, sometimes it freezes and hangs on some apps. Reboots a couple times a week. I think my battery issues come from me using a non htc charger tho

but im planning on upgrading to the Nokia Lumia 822. Better support, better battery life with the same battery size, nokia apps, and expandable memory. I can be limited with 16gbs again with that 8x.

at this point i think im done with HTC phones too many issues on my last phones (HTC Imagio, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, and now the Trophy)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Trophy on launch day, May 26, 2011, and have had no problems with it at all. My wife got hers a month later, and had it replaced under warranty for a bad speaker during that time, and the replacement has had a bad speaker for about half of the time as well, but she hasn't bothered replacing it. My Trophy was probably my fourth, fifth, maybe even sixth HTC device, as I was using Windows Mobile devices by HTC back into whenever it was they started making them, and I don't remember if HTC made the Windows CE devices I was using before someone stuck a phone into one of them or not, so who knows, I may have been using HTC back into 2002 or 03.

I've only ever had one problem with any of my devices besides my wife's and that was a Touch Pro, and part of that was the design of the touchpad - the corner was prone to being pulled up, and the "ribbon" (flat celophane-type) conductor ended up tearing. If I'd taken it in before it tore all the way, they'd have replaced it under warranty, but I waited too long. I wasn't completely dissatisfied, though - it gave me an excuse to upgrade to a Touch Pro II, which had a bigger screen and all, so you know I didn't complain about that! ;)

I've been quite happy with my Trophy, and in fact the only complaint that I've had about it is that the screen image quality is mediocre, but that's something that I haven't complained about from the point of complaining to HTC, because HTC made a number of Windows Phone devices of varying levels of quality. That's something I complain about directed at Verizon for not offering us a better device in the field of WP devices. HTC knows that there are people who want a range of different levels, so they make them. Verizon knows that, too, but they chose to only offer one. That's on them.

So from a person who has used NOTHING but HTC phones for more than half a decade (well, except for that blasted Crackberry that work made me carry - but I still carried my own Windows Mobile phone, too!), I would not shy away from HTC at all. Be aware that they are a company that makes a range of phones, from the low end to the high end, because they aim to have customers in the full range, and make sure that you buy the phone that is at the point in the range that you are looking for.

Myself, I went into the Verizon store last night and looked at the Lumia 822 and the 8x next to each other last night, and when I left, I knew that I was going to walk into Best Buy, show them the wireless.walmart.com ad with the Lumia 822 listed FREE, and get my first non-HTC smartphone. The screen looked better, it has the same storage, but the lumia is expandable where the 8x is not, and it has the Nokia apps. I'm not a media person, so if I was, perhaps I'd have gone for the 8x with its higher-res screen and Beats audio, but that's not what I'm after. Don't get me wrong, the 8x's screen looked really good - it's just that the 822's looks better. The blacks look blacker, and it just "pops" better, IMO.

So there's my opinion, as a long-time HTC user. Nothing against the 8x at all. This time, I like the Nokia.

Disclaimer: I bought Nokia stock last spring, because I really liked what they were doing. That probably also played into my decision.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I've had my HTC Trophy for a little over a year, I lost my first one though only because it fell in a lake (but that's another story). (So after two years with two HTC Trophys) I have had zero issues with the hardware itself and absolutely love my Trophy it is the most stable phone I've ever had over the years. I convinced my sister to get an HTC Trophy, and she loves it and also has had no issues.

The only issues I have experienced are with wi-fi and reception here and there, but that's more of a software issue than the actual device itself.

Looking forward to eventually upgrading to the HTC 8X. HTC has impressed me with the HTC Trophy and I'm excited to see how the HTC 8X might fare. I'll examine the Nokia Lumia, and need to examine all phones in store; but I am strongly leaning towards the HTC 8X.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my HTC Trophy since launch day on Verizon, so about 18 months now. I love it. I can't say i've ever had a problem with it. It still gets about 20 hours of moderate use without having to be recharged. After playing with the HTC 8x, Lumia 920, and the Lumia 822, I can honestly say that my trophy is just as responsive and snappy even though it's still running 7.5. I actually found that my Trophy was MORE responsive to touch than the HTC 8x. I have no plans of upgrading to the 8x right now because in terms of hardware, the Trophy is everything I want it to be. I'm eagerly awaiting 7.8 so I can put some new software on it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have no plans of upgrading to the 8x right now because in terms of hardware, the Trophy is everything I want it to be. I'm eagerly awaiting 7.8 so I can put some new software on it.

That's what I'm doing. It seems like WP7.5 has several features that WP8 doesn't. Honesty, I think the new start screen in WP7.8 with the sizable tiles is really all I'm looking forward to. Just having a new "face" on the phone will make it feel like a new phone.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

TIA

ive had mine almostv2 years and its by far the most durable and reliable phone I've ever had. Not particularly flashy and specs aren't killer but it just works. The best compliment I can give a phone is that once the allure of it being new was gone, I never think about it. I don't have to worry or fiddle or anything. Its old reliable.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
All this talk of the red 8X was very tempting. But with the limitations WP8 has over WP7.5, I just put a new red hard case on my Trophy. Awesome! Now it looks like a new phone, feels like a new phone and once we get 7.8 that will be even sweeter! Oh, and the case was $6 compared to several hundred!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the trophy over a year. I had several software issues and several replacement devices. Now I have the 822 and it's head and shoulders better than my trophy. It's faster, screen is better, camera is better and reception is better. I also like the software improvements with WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos