Verizon trophy: Have you gotten 7.8 yet?

dalascby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Trophy has been marked for death (EOL..end of life) by Verizon, I urge everyone to vigorously tweet @Microsoft , @VerizonWireless , @HTC and @HTCUSA and "demand" that the 7.8 update be rolled out. There is power in numbers, we have a voice...use it! They can't slap us in the face like this with no penalty, there is no way that I will buy another HTC device if this is how they are going to treat it's customers.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have two spare Verizon Trophy's and that tool linked on the front page (seven eighter) worked flawlessly to upgrade both of them. Neither are activated right now so I can't say they work perfectly fine in terms of calling/radio, however everything appears to be working in terms of the OS. I'd just go that route. It will crash in-between updates after it finishes each one, just close it and start it again. It's only after it completes so it's not dangerous.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Do we actually have anything official from Verizon in regards to the Trophy and 7.8 update? I could not find anything on their website and I did not see any mention of the Trophy officially marked EOL and no longer supported.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Trophy has been marked for death (EOL..end of life) by Verizon, I urge everyone to vigorously tweet @Microsoft , @VerizonWireless , @HTC and @HTCUSA and "demand" that the 7.8 update be rolled out. There is power in numbers, we have a voice...use it! They can't slap us in the face like this with no penalty, there is no way that I will buy another HTC device if this is how they are going to treat it's customers.

Weher is you get this info on EOL?

blevok

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
whether or not verizon will continue to sell the trophy is irrelevant. it's an old phone i suppose, so it makes sense that they would discontinue it, now that they have new windows phones. but lots of people have the trophy, and have no desire to upgrade at this time. we still deserve to have access to the latest update. i sent verizon an email asking when the update is coming. no response yet.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm patient enough to wait and see if they are going to offer the update or not. Hopefully we'll here something official so we can respond accordingly (CAB, get a W8 device or bail on them).

It's really starting to look like this is basically the Nokia-and/or-rest-of-the-world update ...

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.

blevok

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is

well i was all set to do it... had all my languages written down, plugged in my phone and launched the program. unfortunately, it doesn't work on xp. i found the following in the comments on the seven-eighter page:

"The problem is that the VC# project is targeted to .NET 4.5 which isn't supported under Windows XP. Download the sources, in SevenEighter.csproj, change "<targetframeworkversion>v4.5</targetframeworkversion>" to "<targetframeworkversion>v4.0</targetframeworkversion>", in App.config, change "<supportedruntime sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" version="v4.0">" to "<supportedruntime sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" version="v4.0">". After that, you can open the project in VS 2010 and compile it. "

so it's one little change in two files to make it work on xp, and others also posted saying that it works. however, using visual studio, and compiling programs is beyond me. i tried, i installed vs 2010 express and tried to open the project, but i just couldn't figure it out.

i guess now i can only hope that enough people are in the same boat, and whoever made the program, or someone else that knows what they're doing makes the changes and posts the program.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the tethering hack is still available for those of us still on unlimited data if you do the CAB update?

Edit: I can confirm it still works going the seveneighter route.

Last edited:

carfreak715

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.

Just a bit curious, do you still have the sound enhancer option under settings? That feature is really important to me, and since I figured that this isn't from HTC, it not be there. I'm also new to WP hacking, FYI.

Sent from a GNex.

pa2k4p

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I did the CAB update on my Trophy this weekend and still have the sound enhancer. Everything so far appears a-ok.

Just a bit curious, do you still have the sound enhancer option under settings? That feature is really important to me, and since I figured that this isn't from HTC, it not be there. I'm also new to WP hacking, FYI.

Sent from a GNex.

pa2k4p

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Worked great on my Verizon Trophy. Screw the carrier

Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just
updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.

rdomico

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I used Seven-Eighter app and now my 'lock+wallpaper' setting doesn't work. It just flashes and does nothing. The rest of the phone seemed ok. I restored it back to 7.5 until I figure out what went wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb