Goodbye my dear trophy

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my "free" feature phone for $100 gift card and an HTC Trophy with extended battery back in September 2011. My daughter was just born and my second iPod touch had just broken. I fell in love with the loudspeaker that would blare rock music to calm my daughter to sleep(Metallica is her favorite). She cut her first tooth on its impenetrable screen(she now chews on this thing with a full set of teeth and it still doesn't have a scratch). Now its time bury my beloved Trophy in the box under my bed with all the other retired gadgets I no longer use.

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes. I remember my son chewing my old palm treo and it pacifying him. I then got the trophy, a very underrated phone. Are you going to get the 928?
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Give it a Viking funeral!

My Trophy deserves a Viking funeral. It has been quite the warrior. After drops and my less that delicate treatment it still looks as good as the day I bought it. Im hoping the 928 will serve as well... Off to Valhalla for the Trophy!

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Ironically, I just added my HTC Trophy back on a line, though I'll probably switch between the Trophy, a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HP Pre 3 (if I can successfully install webOS 2.2.4), and possibly a Blackberry Bold 9930 over the next couple of months or until I buy a Nokia Lumia 928.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My Trophy too was definitely my go to device. I had used that thing for everything, even for using my desktop (thanks to ConnectME) I had that device almost always full with music or an occasional video. It took me forever to get my Zune library straight! I just can't give it up that easy!!! It for sure hasn't been given a funeral, but I have been helping a developer on xda with making a custom rom for it. Previous to that its been comfortably sitting in the box with the rest of the stuff (except for the headphones. They still work great!) My only complaint about it was the usb cable (My grandmother's cable's sheilding/ground is completely frayed at both ends) and the usb socket on the phone. Barely touch it and its no longer charging -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte