Locked to China App Marketplace

Gil Dafnai

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I am US based, but purchased a non-carrier-locked HUAWEI W1 while on a trip to China. My Microsoft ID is a US-region account. When I set up my phone, no matter that my Microsoft ID is US-based, I seem to be locked to China App Marketplace. Is there any way to change this? I find that I am blocked from installing apps such as Facebook on this phone. Any guidance is welcome.

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
May be a silly question, but is the Country/Region in the phone settings set to US? That is where I change the Marketplace if I want to download an app not available in my home country.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
May be a silly question, but is the Country/Region in the phone settings set to US? That is where I change the Marketplace if I want to download an app not available in my home country.

That is the first place I would look also. Not sure how WP works it, but in the BB world they have country specific OS version AND multi-language OS versions. I would also check to make sure that I had the multi OS version installed.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Like what Napocensis said You Should go to setting > language and region then set everything to USA then do a restart.

Gil Dafnai

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Like what Napocensis said You Should go to setting > language and region then set everything to USA then do a restart.
But I already changed the region to United States and also my Microsoft account is on region USA. but i still can't download third party apps like : Facebook, Skype, Twitter and etc.
so what can i do else?

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I am US based, but purchased a non-carrier-locked HUAWEI W1 while on a trip to China. My Microsoft ID is a US-region account. When I set up my phone, no matter that my Microsoft ID is US-based, I seem to be locked to China App Marketplace. Is there any way to change this? I find that I am blocked from installing apps such as Facebook on this phone. Any guidance is welcome.

You can contact Huawei Mobile USA.
Or you can try to contact your carrier or place that sale/repair huawei w1 US version to upgrade your firmware.
Or you can try a method...need lucks.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site

first, make sure you have the newest version (5600,5610,5620),if not, update your system.
Second, after you've updated your system, backup your stuffs and reset phone. You can find there is a new app called Huawei hubs!don't delete it!!! It is useful!!(if you already have Huawei hub, skip it)
MAKE Sure you set your language and region to CHINA!!! IF Not,DO IT AND REBOOT.

Then, connect to your WiFi, set proxy 42.121.19.119 port:8888,notice:use to fliter the carrier information send to MS Servers.
4. Make sure feedback is on, location Set to china.
5.check system update for twice, mine failed for twice, ignore it.
6.Wait for 20min to 2 hours. KEEP YOUR phone connected!!!!

7.after that, go to local setting, ALL switch to USA. Reboot.
8.QUICKLY go to settings and enable air plane mode!!!!
9.make sure you deleted the proxy.
10. Turn on WiFi, go to Huawei hub, you can download twitter,Facebook now!!!!
11.DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE FEEDBACK OTHERWISE YOU COULD BE KICK BACK TO CHINA STORE!!!!!!
I just tried that and it did work!!!!
THIS NEED LUCK:)

Gil Dafnai

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Oscar!!!
I tried, but after setting the proxy to 42.121.19.119 port:8888, the system is not updated, even twice, and the notification "Checking for updates..." appears infinitely.
Did I do something wrong?
Thank you!

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Oscar!!!
I tried, but after setting the proxy to 42.121.19.119 port:8888, the system is not updated, even twice, and the notification "Checking for updates..." appears infinitely.
Did I do something wrong?
Thank you!

Sorry. The server appears to have some problem right now. Do you have a windows 7/8 pc?

blueberrymerry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If it's a WP8 phone with China firmware (either China Mobile or China Unicom) then you're stuck with the China App store. Apparently the firmware is locked due to Chinese government requirements. There's a user on xda who managed to jailbreak his W1 and install his own apps, you can try that route or just get a non-China device.

anon(6153047)

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm from China but I will be living in Singapore for long term, maybe for a few years more. Hence I need a Singapore store. My phone is locked to China app marketplace as well. so is there any way to change the marketplace region to Singapore without resetting the phone? thanks a lot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs