Ascend W1 GREEK os language

DMSheppard

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I bought a Huawei Ascend W1 in Italy (where i live), which is a present for my brother who lives in Greece. The problem is that when i first turned on the phone and started to set it up, there was NO greek language present!
There is many languages for european countries and the box of the phone has it written "For use in european countries", but there is no greek.
I know this device has greek language as it is sold in greece as well (same model and hardware rev.) but mine does not!
My Lumia 820 has tons of languages( which of course have to be downloaded), but the Ascend W1 doesn't have the greek language listed at all in order for the phone to download it from microsoft servers.

Anyone has any ideas on how to put it in greek? Maybe with some other ROM around. Any help is really appreciated.
My brother is baaad at english:eck: so i really have to change the phone's input lang.

Thanks in advance
Dorian

DMSheppard

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, tried to respond this morning but apparently the app has only posted the "thank you".

Anyway, nope he doesn't speak italian otherwise i wouldn't need to write this post. He only speaks albanian and greek none of which are present on this device. I also conrtacted @windowsphonesupport yesterday night who told me to check for a lang pack with the producer--Huawei.
They never answer the phone in here (italy)...sent a message on their FB page but i have no hope...

Thanks anyway for your interest.

Cheers
Dorian

DMSheppard

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI

I solved by flashing a custom ROM found on xda, has something like 60 languages on it now plus it's updated to 8.1.1 .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99