Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    If they will skip GDR2 update for Worldwide release and release the GDR3 instead, it would be okay for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealGiova View Post
    You are right, but if they skip also gdr3? If they could skip an update, they can do it twice.. The problem is that nobody knows nothing about the GDR2 update for this device. If you ask on FB/TW page of Huawei they won't answer... The only thing we know is that chinese and english w1 has recived this update..
    If Huawei will also skip GDR3, well fu*k them! Microsoft should revoke their license soon if that happens.
    You can fool a customer sometimes, but not everytime.
    Huawei will loose sales in long term, well atleast wp8 sales, they do sell a lot of droid phones [p6 is a good model].

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Yadah yadah yadah with their flagship droids. As if they feel inferior with WP8.

I give up...

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Having checked your current version is already the latest version, so you can’t do the upgrade according.
    Please kindly concern our website for any news.
    Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Best Regards.
    Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

发件人: Thanasis Papanastasiou [mailto:xxx@gmail.com]
    发送时间: 2013年10月10日 17:44
    收件人: 'mobile'
    主题: RE: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue

Thank you for your reply, these are my settings:

Model: HUAWEI W1-U00
    OS version: 8.0.10211.204
    Firmware: 1030.5612.00000.05610
    Hardware: HD1U8835M Ver.B
    Chip SOC: 8230

Regards
    Thanasis Papanastasiou

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:34 PM
    To: 'Thanasis Papanastasiou'
    Subject: 答复: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Would you please kindly provide us your current software version for our further check?
    1. Settings
    2. About phone
    3. Built number
    Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Best Regards.
    Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

发件人: Thanasis Papanastasiou [mailto:xxx@gmail.com]
    发送时间: 2013年10月8日 22:35
    收件人: mobile@huawei.com
    主题: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue

Hi

I have a Huawei W1. In some days my phone will be useless because of the “other folder” problem. It will be solved if you deliver the Windows Mobile GDR2 update.

See more details here:

GDR2 update on W1 - Strange Huawei reply

Please take actions for this critical problem.

Regards
    Thanasis Papanastasiou

What the F*CK IS HUAWEI DOING? I went to a several Huawei service centers here in the Philippines and they act so stupid as if they do not know that an Ascend W1 exists in their product line up.

UPDATE: I just called Globe Telecom (9:30PM PST +8) Customer Care and they said that they do not release any WP8 updates for any brand. I just did this since Microsoft referred me to call a mobile carrier.
    Globe Telecom offers Nokia 520, 620, 820 and Huawei W1 for their postpaid plans.

It is unfair that they only gave the update to UK and some countries where the phone is branded.

I'll try to call Huawei Philippines main office tomorrow so at least we can know their real reason behind this brouhaha.
    Last edited by pdplatypus; 10-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Ambassador

What the F*CK IS HUAWEI DOING? I went to a several Huawei service centers here in the Philippines and they act so stupid as if they do not know that an Ascend W1 exists in their product line up.

UPDATE: I just called Globe Telecom (9:30PM PST +8) Customer Care and they said that they do not release any WP8 updates for any brand. I just did this since Microsoft referred me to call a mobile carrier.
    Globe Telecom offers Nokia 520, 620, 820 and Huawei W1 for their postpaid plans.

It is unfair that they only gave the update to UK and some countries where the phone is branded.

I'll try to call Huawei Philippines main office tomorrow so at least we can know their real reason behind this brouhaha.
    Install this storage management ROM
    Latest Huawei Ascend W1 ROM includes Storage Manager | WMPoweruser
    (Please don't ask me how), I have nothing against anyone here, but I hate the way Huawei does business.

In that case you can flash your phone to UK ROM (I hope this video is correct?)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here

As much as I want to, I will not do it since I don't want to do it since I want to experience how WP8 does its updates. It is just disturbing that the GDR2 update can only be received by those who are in UK. If Huawei will announce that they will skip GDR2 updates like what HTC did, I will still understand them.
    Ambassador

As much as I want to, I will not do it since I don't want to do it since I want to experience how WP8 does its updates. It is just disturbing that the GDR2 update can only be received by those who are in UK. If Huawei will announce that they will skip GDR2 updates like what HTC did, I will still understand them.
    Did you check my above response?

in other words, you were trolled by Huawei. lol
    I guess some phone makers just want the money from the phone and don't really care supporting it after that. that's something you should learn, especially if you are behind a carrier, and then the phone maker nor the carrier care much about updating anything, probably they know most people wont update their phones anyway, so they just don't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lupenyk View Post
    I hope Microsoft will do something with it :/ i just bought 4 Huawei phones in row but never again!!
    U may just have to bug Hwawei as much as we L920 guys bugged ATT to the hilt. Truly hope u get the update.

I asked Huawei Czech Republic about GDR2:

Huawei Device CZ / SK
    23 hours ago

Hello, I would like to ask when it will be available for Ascend W1 GDR2 or if it skips directly to GDR3? Or, Huawei has discontinued support? I know that in England they have already GDR2 two months, I also know that updates create Microsoft but Huawei must send it to customers. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Huawei Device CZ / SK Hello Luke, GDR2 is currently under development and soon will be available to users of the operator O2 and then for others. Have a nice day. Mirek

Using Google Translator
    Ambassador

I asked Huawei Czech Republic about GDR2:

Huawei Device CZ / SK
    23 hours ago

Hello, I would like to ask when it will be available for Ascend W1 GDR2 or if it skips directly to GDR3? Or, Huawei has discontinued support? I know that in England they have already GDR2 two months, I also know that updates create Microsoft but Huawei must send it to customers. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Huawei Device CZ / SK Hello Luke, GDR2 is currently under development and soon will be available to users of the operator O2 and then for others. Have a nice day. Mirek

Using Google Translator
    Lol, seems he is barely interested in having a meaningful conversation

soon = could be a day, a week, a month, a year or forever.

TheRealGiova likes this.

And now, all the existing device are able to install the GDR3 preview, except us obviously.. Damn me when i decided to buy the Ascend w1 instead of the 620.. I'm disappointed a lot guys.. :(

If they dont release some GDR2 or GDR3 i will flash UK GDR2 rom into the phone and then install Preview builds :/

i need it for GDR3, thank you

We must get Huawei under the presure!!!!
    Ambassador

We must get Huawei under the presure!!!!
    I am sorry but all I could do was laugh n your comment.
    Huawei is not a small company, they may be based in China, but they have huge sales volume.

You could, repeat 'could' talk to them on their twitter/Facebook page (if they have any) and ask them about updates, also ask fellow w1 owners to join you.

Its social media which creates a buzz, if you feel that 100 people send an email to Huawei with a hope that they will bow down, you are wrong my friend. Huawei is not a wp8 player, it plays in Android market, they can abandon wp8 completely if they want to.

Well, if they do that, the costumers should also abandon the Huawei,

Maybe next time, costumers should make a wise decision in purchasing a smartphone, If they wanted a full support from the manufacturer they should first research the backgrounds of each

Thank you.

I flash a GDR2 Rom for O2 UK and then do update to GDR3 and i am happy now :) and i will have updates quicker than i except :D...great feeling :)
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jakelq View Post
    Well, if they do that, the costumers should also abandon the Huawei,

Maybe next time, costumers should make a wise decision in purchasing a smartphone, If they wanted a full support from the manufacturer they should first research the backgrounds of each

Thank you.
    Only wp customers would abandon them, they treat their android fans like 'your majesty' kinda thing.
    I don't like that company either way, known for making cheapish chinese toys with poor after sales support, atleast in my country.

Thanked by:
    jakelq 
    jakelq likes this.

Yup your're right, they don't value their costumers.
    Thanked by:
    montsa007 likes this.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jakelq View Post
    Yup your're right, they don't value their costumers.
    Time to show what customers can do to them, Ditch Huawei ;)

Thanked by:
    jakelq 
    jakelq likes this.

I'll be ditching their phones though their modems are enough for me.

I may switch to Nokia soon.
    Thanked by:
    montsa007 likes this.
    Ambassador

I'll be ditching their phones though their modems are enough for me.

I may switch to Nokia soon.
    Congratulations, you're awarded with montsa007's 'made me laugh' award.
    You are entitled for,
    -A Complimentary like on your post
    -A Complimentary Thank you

Thanked by:
    pdplatypus likes this.

Personally i love the p6 edge but that's it. bearing in mind the last rep i saw had the battery pack to his phone in a seperate rucksack id say more support to and feedback from Europe

Hi

I'm from Venezuela and i bought a W1 (U-34) from movistar.

OS ver. 8.0.10322.71

Firmware rev. 1030.5614.02700.20700

And seems like i can download the GDR3 developer preview

wp_ss_20131022_0001.png
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast