Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
Like Tree8Likes
  1. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    If they will skip GDR2 update for Worldwide release and release the GDR3 instead, it would be okay for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealGiova View Post
    You are right, but if they skip also gdr3? If they could skip an update, they can do it twice.. The problem is that nobody knows nothing about the GDR2 update for this device. If you ask on FB/TW page of Huawei they won't answer... The only thing we know is that chinese and english w1 has recived this update..
    Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    If Huawei will also skip GDR3, well fu*k them! Microsoft should revoke their license soon if that happens.
    You can fool a customer sometimes, but not everytime.
    Huawei will loose sales in long term, well atleast wp8 sales, they do sell a lot of droid phones [p6 is a good model].

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  2. pdplatypus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #27  
    Yadah yadah yadah with their flagship droids. As if they feel inferior with WP8.
  3. Thanasis1968's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
       #28  
    I give up...





    Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Having checked your current version is already the latest version, so you can’t do the upgrade according.
    Please kindly concern our website for any news.
    Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Best Regards.
    Huawei Device Customer Care Team.


    发件人: Thanasis Papanastasiou [mailto:xxx@gmail.com]
    发送时间: 2013年10月10日 17:44
    收件人: 'mobile'
    主题: RE: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue

    Thank you for your reply, these are my settings:

    Model: HUAWEI W1-U00
    OS version: 8.0.10211.204
    Firmware: 1030.5612.00000.05610
    Hardware: HD1U8835M Ver.B
    Chip SOC: 8230

    Regards
    Thanasis Papanastasiou

    From: mobile [mailto:mobile@huawei.com]
    Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:34 PM
    To: 'Thanasis Papanastasiou'
    Subject: 答复: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue

    Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Would you please kindly provide us your current software version for our further check?
    1. Settings
    2. About phone
    3. Built number
    Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.
    Best Regards.
    Huawei Device Customer Care Team.


    发件人: Thanasis Papanastasiou [mailto:xxx@gmail.com]
    发送时间: 2013年10月8日 22:35
    收件人: mobile@huawei.com
    主题: URGENT - Huawei W1 issue



    Hi

    I have a Huawei W1. In some days my phone will be useless because of the “other folder” problem. It will be solved if you deliver the Windows Mobile GDR2 update.

    See more details here:

    GDR2 update on W1 - Strange Huawei reply

    Please take actions for this critical problem.

    Regards
    Thanasis Papanastasiou
  4. pdplatypus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #29  
    What the F*CK IS HUAWEI DOING? I went to a several Huawei service centers here in the Philippines and they act so stupid as if they do not know that an Ascend W1 exists in their product line up.


    UPDATE: I just called Globe Telecom (9:30PM PST +8) Customer Care and they said that they do not release any WP8 updates for any brand. I just did this since Microsoft referred me to call a mobile carrier.
    Globe Telecom offers Nokia 520, 620, 820 and Huawei W1 for their postpaid plans.

    It is unfair that they only gave the update to UK and some countries where the phone is branded.

    I'll try to call Huawei Philippines main office tomorrow so at least we can know their real reason behind this brouhaha.
    Last edited by pdplatypus; 10-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.
  5. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    What the F*CK IS HUAWEI DOING? I went to a several Huawei service centers here in the Philippines and they act so stupid as if they do not know that an Ascend W1 exists in their product line up.


    UPDATE: I just called Globe Telecom (9:30PM PST +8) Customer Care and they said that they do not release any WP8 updates for any brand. I just did this since Microsoft referred me to call a mobile carrier.
    Globe Telecom offers Nokia 520, 620, 820 and Huawei W1 for their postpaid plans.

    It is unfair that they only gave the update to UK and some countries where the phone is branded.

    I'll try to call Huawei Philippines main office tomorrow so at least we can know their real reason behind this brouhaha.
    Install this storage management ROM
    Latest Huawei Ascend W1 ROM includes Storage Manager | WMPoweruser
    (Please don't ask me how), I have nothing against anyone here, but I hate the way Huawei does business.

    In that case you can flash your phone to UK ROM (I hope this video is correct?)


    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  6. pdplatypus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #31  
    As much as I want to, I will not do it since I don't want to do it since I want to experience how WP8 does its updates. It is just disturbing that the GDR2 update can only be received by those who are in UK. If Huawei will announce that they will skip GDR2 updates like what HTC did, I will still understand them.
  7. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    As much as I want to, I will not do it since I don't want to do it since I want to experience how WP8 does its updates. It is just disturbing that the GDR2 update can only be received by those who are in UK. If Huawei will announce that they will skip GDR2 updates like what HTC did, I will still understand them.
    Did you check my above response?

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  8. _Emi_'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #33  
    in other words, you were trolled by Huawei. lol
    I guess some phone makers just want the money from the phone and don't really care supporting it after that. that's something you should learn, especially if you are behind a carrier, and then the phone maker nor the carrier care much about updating anything, probably they know most people wont update their phones anyway, so they just don't care about it.
  9. outback15's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupenyk View Post
    I hope Microsoft will do something with it :/ i just bought 4 Huawei phones in row but never again!!
    U may just have to bug Hwawei as much as we L920 guys bugged ATT to the hilt. Truly hope u get the update.
  10. lupenyk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #35  
    I asked Huawei Czech Republic about GDR2:

    Huawei Device CZ / SK
    23 hours ago


    Hello, I would like to ask when it will be available for Ascend W1 GDR2 or if it skips directly to GDR3? Or, Huawei has discontinued support? I know that in England they have already GDR2 two months, I also know that updates create Microsoft but Huawei must send it to customers. Thank you in advance for your answer.

    Huawei Device CZ / SK Hello Luke, GDR2 is currently under development and soon will be available to users of the operator O2 and then for others. Have a nice day. Mirek

    Using Google Translator
  11. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupenyk View Post
    I asked Huawei Czech Republic about GDR2:

    Huawei Device CZ / SK
    23 hours ago


    Hello, I would like to ask when it will be available for Ascend W1 GDR2 or if it skips directly to GDR3? Or, Huawei has discontinued support? I know that in England they have already GDR2 two months, I also know that updates create Microsoft but Huawei must send it to customers. Thank you in advance for your answer.

    Huawei Device CZ / SK Hello Luke, GDR2 is currently under development and soon will be available to users of the operator O2 and then for others. Have a nice day. Mirek

    Using Google Translator
    Lol, seems he is barely interested in having a meaningful conversation

    soon = could be a day, a week, a month, a year or forever.

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    TheRealGiova likes this.
  12. TheRealGiova's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #37  
    And now, all the existing device are able to install the GDR3 preview, except us obviously.. Damn me when i decided to buy the Ascend w1 instead of the 620.. I'm disappointed a lot guys.. :(
  13. lupenyk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #38  
    If they dont release some GDR2 or GDR3 i will flash UK GDR2 rom into the phone and then install Preview builds :/
  14. kennyzou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #39  
    i need it for GDR3, thank you
  15. lupenyk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #40  
    We must get Huawei under the presure!!!!
  16. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupenyk View Post
    We must get Huawei under the presure!!!!
    I am sorry but all I could do was laugh n your comment.
    Huawei is not a small company, they may be based in China, but they have huge sales volume.

    You could, repeat 'could' talk to them on their twitter/Facebook page (if they have any) and ask them about updates, also ask fellow w1 owners to join you.

    Its social media which creates a buzz, if you feel that 100 people send an email to Huawei with a hope that they will bow down, you are wrong my friend. Huawei is not a wp8 player, it plays in Android market, they can abandon wp8 completely if they want to.

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
  17. jakelq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #42  
    Well, if they do that, the costumers should also abandon the Huawei,

    Maybe next time, costumers should make a wise decision in purchasing a smartphone, If they wanted a full support from the manufacturer they should first research the backgrounds of each

    Thank you.
  18. lupenyk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #43  
    I flash a GDR2 Rom for O2 UK and then do update to GDR3 and i am happy now :) and i will have updates quicker than i except :D...great feeling :)
  19. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelq View Post
    Well, if they do that, the costumers should also abandon the Huawei,

    Maybe next time, costumers should make a wise decision in purchasing a smartphone, If they wanted a full support from the manufacturer they should first research the backgrounds of each

    Thank you.
    Only wp customers would abandon them, they treat their android fans like 'your majesty' kinda thing.
    I don't like that company either way, known for making cheapish chinese toys with poor after sales support, atleast in my country.

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:
    jakelq 
    jakelq likes this.
  20. jakelq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #45  
    Yup your're right, they don't value their costumers.
    Thanked by:
    montsa007 likes this.
  21. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelq View Post
    Yup your're right, they don't value their costumers.
    Time to show what customers can do to them, Ditch Huawei ;)

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:
    jakelq 
    jakelq likes this.
  22. pdplatypus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #47  
    I'll be ditching their phones though their modems are enough for me.

    I may switch to Nokia soon.
    Thanked by:
    montsa007 likes this.
  23. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,039 Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdplatypus View Post
    I'll be ditching their phones though their modems are enough for me.

    I may switch to Nokia soon.
    Congratulations, you're awarded with montsa007's 'made me laugh' award.
    You are entitled for,
    -A Complimentary like on your post
    -A Complimentary Thank you

    I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:
    pdplatypus likes this.
  24. AtivS8's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #49  
    Personally i love the p6 edge but that's it. bearing in mind the last rep i saw had the battery pack to his phone in a seperate rucksack id say more support to and feedback from Europe
  25. Ricard0388's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #50  
    Hi

    I'm from Venezuela and i bought a W1 (U-34) from movistar.

    OS ver. 8.0.10322.71

    Firmware rev. 1030.5614.02700.20700

    And seems like i can download the GDR3 developer preview

    wp_ss_20131022_0001.png
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 04:14 AM
  2. why are we still not getting major apps on wp8
    By bozza72 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 05:32 AM
  3. "920 priority for gdr2"....really?
    By paulxxwall in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 10:37 PM
  4. Using my Nokia 520 "GoPhone" Sim on an unlocked 920
    By Robert Stevens in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
  5. Playlists wont sync on SD Card on GDR2
    By NightOrchid in forum Samsung ATIV S
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions