Can't open picture (mms) messages on Huawei W1 from straight Talk.

Steiner2142

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased this phone today, and after spending literally all day on google and talking to Straight Talk's sub par customer service, I can not open any picture messages with my phone. My internet with and without wifi works, and I can send pic messages, but when I receive one, it will say "get media content now". After tapping it says "getting media content", and then doesn't do anything. I am using (as far as I know) AT&T sim provided with the phone. I have tried doing the following:

Reset phone factory settings
Tried a number of different apn's for AT&T sims, including the current one on here: Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News
Toggling airplane mode on/off
Restarting the phone
Removing and reinstalling sim card
Turning wifi on/off

From what I can gather many people are having problems with MMS with Windows Phones on Straight Talks' service. Does anybody have any idea what I could try?

mzaroma71

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with my phone :( Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I sent this to Huawei today: I don't know where else to turn. This has been the first one of your products that I have purchased, and I'm afraid it might be my last. I purchased your phone via straight talk/tracfone company and have had nothing but issues with this device. In the past 8weeks, I've been able to use my new phone for a total of 5 days. I have been issued 3 brand new phones and a total of 4 new sims cards. I've spent over 20 hours on the phone with straight talk customer service. When I try to send myself or anyone tries to send me a picture message...I receive a message that states "get media content now" I click the link, and it says "getting media content" within seconds goes back to "get media content now" The internet apn, and mms apn has been changed multiple times by cellular customer service ending with the same results. Upon searching for answers via the web, I'm learning that this is just not a carrier related issue as it's branching out to t-mobile, and at&t. Please help me to correct this issue.

I have tried everything that the previous post has suggested as well as several others. I'm once again waiting on brand new phone & sim card # 5. So if ANYONE knows how to fix this...please PLEASE speak up :)

Gunnydawn

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Did either of you find a fix to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue as the original poster. Spent hours yesterday trying to fix this with no luck. Called straighttalk and after getting passed around from person to person I finally gave up because I was ready to blow a gasket! Please help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans