Instagram eating phone memory

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Last time i checked my instagram (lumia 950xl) used 3.26 GB of phone memory.
Is there a way to clear memory after using it? I asked my friend who use it daily on android about memory
and we saw about 50MB used. Even on my desktop,after one quick browse memory got up to 252MB used.
I uninstalled it from my phone for now,since only way i found to clear memory on my phone is reset the app.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is a known issue with Instagram. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that it is still an issue now. It's been months since I used a Windows Phone, but even before leaving WP there have several "updates" to Instagram that were purported to resolve that issue. In the end, it seems like uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram is the only sure solution.

P.S. A quick check in iOS: Instagram is using 361.5 MB in my iPhone, next to OneDrive and Microsoft Word.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Oh no, we don't need to reinstall it,we can reset apps now on WM.
Only bad thing in that is logging in every time. Poor coding .

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be a bug that Instagram needs to address. The only solution I've found is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
I actually do this once a month. Hassle

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ How do you reset the app on the Anniversary Update?
As far as I know, the reset option will come with the Creator's Update.

This workaround is a price to pay I guess for a stabler app than Facebook. If only Facebook can be more like Instagram.

Sadly, the casual users won't know this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney