IE11 - Freeze/Crash/Lag

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello WPC-community,
my IE11 is not usable anymore

Some pages load perfectly, others take 30 seconds leaving the browser without any response for any command.
Basic task like "open in new tab" lead to long waiting times.
To make it perfect: when I insert the first letter of a webpage and use the prediction, the whole tab closes.
No add-ons are active. IE11 newest version on W8.1. When the IE is lagging or freezing there is no cpu usage. Its simply doing nothing and waits until I get frustrated and have to switch to chrome again.

Can someone help me? Thank you

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Desktop with 4x3.4 GHz, 8GB ram, SSD, GTX460
Using the Windows Defender for antivirus. Check could not find anything.

As i remember the lags (on pages like facebook) is present since day one. But now I got rid of.

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I get IE not responding quite a bit. I have a new Dell laptop with latest 8.1. I also get the same not responding when using Office Outlook on this computer. I have Office 2013 with all the updates.

My solution was to stop using IE 11 and go to Firefox. No more not responding and even not in Outlook?

One would think that with a new PC and latest updated software, things like this would not be ongoing.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Open internet options and click on reset internet explorer, I think you'll find it under the advanced tab. This should fix your problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb