Introduce yourself!

ndowens

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey all I have just got the Nokia 520 so far I am liking it. Never owned a windows phone.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Jordan Laureano1

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm jordan laureano from manila ,Philippines. I'm 41years old. I've been an avid fan of windows operating system. I would really like to see windows OS be the number two position this 2014. Its got very good potential . I've heard Microsoft is waiving the license fee for free this year to OEMs ..for me, its a good move this will make more OEM from china , India , Russia and Korea to use windows OS in phones , in tablets or even smart watches. Having to experience a windows os is so much addicting bec its nice to see live tiles always moving not stagnant as other smartphones. I like to suggest to ur Windows marketing team to deeply consider to drop down price crazily of all windows handsets ( Lumia P4,000- 520, P5,000-620, P6,000-720, P7,000-820 ,P9,000-920 Lumia line up) ...the thing is more and more people purchase it and used it everyday. Experiencing the smoothness and fluidity of using it means it will be passes on to friends and family or maybe classmates , officemates or even neighbors . Its like a marketing strategy - sell it for less but in the long run more users will act as a marketing arm coz they will be the one to show it off to their friends , family , officemates and classmates etc...more power to windows team and to MICROSOFT. Hope to be a part of your team. Experience what's it like to be a MICROSOFT. Happy new year guys.....

anon(8412718)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hiya....otherwise known on the internet as "durtgeek" (as seen on the twitters anyway!)

I don't yet own a WP device, currently using Android but I am getting sold on the Lumia 1020 as I do love a spot of photography and lugging my DSLR everywhere is not always practical!

I have yet to encounter an Android device with a decent camera and up until recently I was looking at a Nexus 5 or the HTC One as my new device...but that yellow 1020 and its images are too much to ignore ;)

I'm here now to learn about WP8 in a nutshell and eventually broaden my usage of the OS. I prefer to find out more now before I commit to buy than after and live with buyers remorse ;)

Otherwise I'm an outdoors active female who loves mountain biking, I fix aircraft for a living and I love mobile tech without being a fangirl of any one type - owned all bar the iPhone 5S fruit phones, many Android devices from the old HTC G1 Dream days to my current Nexus 4 - and now I reckon WP will be the refresh I'm looking for :)

Cheers!

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I won't give my real name but my user name is Rainmarie which is a mix of my first and middle name. I'm a newbie. I had a 1020 and traded it in for a 1520 and I love it!!!!!! No more Android phones for me but I will keep that platform for my Nexus. My only other computer is my Surface RT.

Tightman69

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

my name is Mike, 23 from Germany, currently studying communication science.

Lurked through the forums for quite a while now and decided it was time to participate.

Currently using a Google Nexus, coming from an Iphone and soon (waiting for new devices) a Windows Phone.

Thanks,

Last edited:

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Originally from Kentucky and have been slowly migrating South for the past 30 years...through the Carolina's and have settled in Florida, My career has been as a PGA Golf Professional. PGA member for 30 years. Have semi retired and spend a lot of time learning more about computers and the tech stuff. Have learned a lot here at WPC and I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other get over whatever hurdle is in front of us. I have a Lenovo c540 standalone pc running Windows 8.1. My phone is a Nokia 920. Really like both products and I am a staunch WP supporter. My name is Bruce...the Fiveaces moniker comes from five hole in ones.

Last edited:

berrydroidapple

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I live in San Antonio, Texas USA. I'm 45 and my daily phone is Android, but I purchased a Nokia 521 a few months ago and have fallen in love with Windows Phone. When my contract is over on my Android device I will not be getting another one.
I normally live in Mexico, this is the longest I've been back in the USA ever. When I leave again I'll only carry my Chromebook, Windows Phone and laptop, and my kindle.

Epic Touch 4G Acer C7 Chrome book Nook HD

LABrooks

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello all ~ I'm also new here / new to Windows Phone (coming from Android) considered it a looooooong time (knew it would be a big change, that's all) - but I think I'm going to be happy with it :eek:)

techcorestudio

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
My name is Brian, I am a huge Microsoft lover. Everything I own that is technology is from Microsoft (except my toaster). And I own a Nokia Lumia 1020 :). I don't know what else to say!

jailman

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My name is oussama 28 yo and 1st wp handset i had was the htc 8x loved it then jumped to lumia 820 - 1020 and now 1320 ( not to mention the android phones )

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!
I am Abhishek, from India.
I am 19, and a first year law student, and I feed on my dad's money.
I ride a Yamaha Fz-s. Its not a big bike, its a small 150cc bike.
I switched to WP from Android in June 2013, and loving it! My android was an HTC Wildfire, and I had to root it and then overclock it to get it to respond timely. I was fed up and forced my dad to buy me a new phone, my current Nokia Lumia 520. Even though its the biggest underdog (ironical), I love it. I love the modern UI, and the fluidity of WP.
My computer is a December 2008 hp Pavillion tx2000/2500 tablet series running Vista. I am currently in process of bugging my dad to buy me a new one.
And oh, you can call me abby/abhi/abhishyam2007 if my actual name sounds too long or tongue unfriendly.
Cheers!

giustopio

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I'm Alberto. I live in Italy, not too far from Venice. My first smartphone is the lumia 820 i bought last december: I'm quite happy with the choice! However I'm a fan of rts games and I hope Age of Empires or Empire Earth could land on wp one day.

giustopio

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I'm Alberto. I live in Italy, not too far from Venice, and I study chemistry. My first smartphone is the lumia 820 I bought last december: quite happy with the choice! However I'm a fan of rts games and I hope Age of Empires or Empire Earth could land on wp one day.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Howdy...

I'm Josh, or Space, either one works. I've had my Lumia 822 for just over a year, and been lurking here for a couple months now. Not too big on games, but I do love downloading and trying out apps. Eagerly waiting WP 8.1 and Cortana, along with the rest of you, I'm sure.

See you around!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs