Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7or360 View Post
    I'm Héctor, 22. Finishing my last semester at college.

Using windows mobile products since the Pocket PC 2002 days :D
    hola hector , gracias por su ayuda, el otro día, que lo necesitaba.

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveg View Post
    This sounds like fun! Ok here goes.

My name is Steve and I live on Long Island in NY. I am 26 years old working for BNY Mellon in a desktop support possition for the past 3 years. I play guitar, bass and drums and an amatuer in photography (love my Nikon d90.)

I have been a paranormal investigator (ghost hunter)for the lat 4 years as well and recently became cofounder and tech manager of a local paranomral group in NY servicing the tri state area.

Hmmmm. I think that should be it for now.
    Nice...

"Who you gonna call? STEVE G!" :D
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/180046.htm
    selfcreation likes this.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistjack View Post
    I'm Jack (surprising...I know). I am a 34 yr old Sr. IT Engineer. I am married to my high school sweetheart, we now have 2 awesome kids (2.5 yr old boy and my 6 month old princess).

Tech has been my passion for years. Video Gaming used to be a passion..until about 2.5 years ago, now most of my focus is on my kids and I love it (but man do I miss gaming sometimes).

Mobile tech is a great hobby for me as I can work it around my work and family life.
    whats up jack! i know your smart because you think like me!
    nyquistjack likes this.

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMaker View Post
    i didnt see a thread for this, thought it would be a good idea, especially since there are some passionate people in here and things can get heated... i post daily and dont know a sigle persons name, where the are from, who they are, how old they are, what they do for a living, ect...

ill start - my name is sean, im from ohio, dayton area. im a personal banker at fifth third bank, and tech junkie. also love sports and cars. bengals fan, drive a grand prix gxp with a 5.3 v8 all blacked out, and some mods. have a beautiful wife ( really, im lucky ) and just found out 3 weeks ago she is pregnant with our first!!! just turned 30 btw

if this works, we should sticky this big d and if its moved to general discussion, no one will read it lol...
    Many congrats on your first!. My wife's first pregnancy was the most exciting time in my life. I threw myself completely into the whole thing. I knew more about pregnancy and child birth than my wife :)

I highly recommend signing up for www.babycenter.com. And get their weekly pregnancy tracking newsletter. So much fun knowing how big the baby is and whats currently growing :)
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i wont hold the fact your a steelers fan against you... we bengals fans dont really get along with steelers fans for obvious reasons, lol... nice to meet you
    LOL!!! I won't even start on your team!!! Hahahaha!! Nice to meet you also!! Good luck this year...your gonna need it!!

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ghost hunter huh, pretty sweet! i am still freaked out by that movie, "paranormal activty" nice to meet you
    If you ever get a chance read the book "shadows of the dark" by John Zaffis. He is a demonolist and goes through a bunch of different cases he has worked on. After reading that book and seeing "paranormal activity" you will see that the movie isn't so far off.

If you have ever seen the move "Haunting In Connecticut" John is the actual guy who investigated that case. I have been to John's house and he has the melted statue of Mary and the crucifix. Creepy stuff but damn is it awesome!

Nice to meet ya too!

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Nice...

"Who you gonna call? STEVE G!" :D
    In a nut shell that's what every one says to me at work. I hate it.

They would call my cell phone and start playing the ghost buster's theme song. They all laughed and blah blah blah...but come a few months later they would pull me aside and be like "ok man. Maybe you can help me. There's some stuff goin gon blah blah."

In the end every one is a closet "ghost" believer.

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveg View Post
    In a nut shell that's what every one says to me at work. I hate it.
    I guess its what you'd call an occupational hazard :)

People always ask me to fix their computers...I REALLY hate that.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    would have never guessed your a foodie by your avatar pic, lol... nice to meet you

Haha yeah forgot to mention that "This is Spinal Tap" is pretty much my favorite movie of all time. Anybody who hasn't seen it, needs to!

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gekkoace View Post
    I'm Aaron, 27, and a tech junkie. I sold my iPhone 4 on ebay and bought an unlocked Focus the first week the Focus was out.
    I love my Focus, and I'm definitly not a d-bag.

@Winterfang: Have you seen an increase in WP7 users?
    Quite the contrary, the only WP7 I see anymore is the Focus. But there's more awareness to it now, people call it Windows Phone and recognized the 3 button layout immediately.

Hello I'm Rolf, and I'm 19 years old.
    I'm studying to be a History teacher and are a somewhat tech junkie. I have 3 active mobile phones, HTC Mozart, Nokia E7 and X3-02. How I can afford them, I have no idea.

I work at record-shop and I have a lovely girlfriend, but she owns a HTC Desire Z and I despise her for it.
    Current Phones: HTC 7 Mozart, Nokia X3-02 (S40)
    Previous Phones: T-Mobile G1, Nokia N900

hola hector , gracias por su ayuda, el otro día, que lo necesitaba.
    No problem Sean. I'm happy I could help.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hello I'm jeremy I'm 13 years old Im a os phone changer I like switching phones I have htc desire soon to get htc 7 pro

sent from my desire
    You have to love windows phone 7 with some mango!!!
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Howdy all y'all nice to meet everyone. I'm Dave I am 44 years old I have 3 kids, I have been married to my lovely wife for 20 years. I am the Project Manager for a small company in Texas we install material handling equipment or basically we build stuff. Started using PPC's when Windows CE 1.0 came out in an attempt to stay organised on job sites. I am a Texan I have a bumper sticker on my GMC Sierra 2500HD that says Native Texas because I am BTY that is the 4X4 Sierra with the DURAMAX diesel V8 and Allison transmission. I am now and always will be and have been a DALLAS COWBOYS fan. I work 60 hour weeks to make a living then I spend my free time here in these forums reading teaching and learning about Windows Phone from some of the greatest people ever.

Dave

Let's just say I'm a child of the '80s and I do web design/front end development for a living. I grew up in Silicon Valley but live in the DC area now and totally hate it. I used to be a baseball fanatic. My favorite vacation spots are Paris, Italy, Montreal, and the Caribbean. I like trance and have a feeling I would like Se1fcr3ation's music. My favorite movie is 'Batman Begins' and my favorite book is George R. R. Martin's 'A Storm of Swords.' Like Winterfang, I'm worried about the google thing but maybe I'll say more about myself later.

Forgot to add--DizzyMaker, congrats on the baby on the way!
    Last edited by ikkf; 08-26-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts
    I own a personal training studio, and I'm a fitness editor for a cycling website.

Love to mountain bike, teach new cyclists how to ride and am always looking for the perfect cup of coffee and post ride burrito!

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts
    Many congrats on your first!. My wife's first pregnancy was the most exciting time in my life. I threw myself completely into the whole thing. I knew more about pregnancy and child birth than my wife :)

I highly recommend signing up for www.babycenter.com. And get their weekly pregnancy tracking newsletter. So much fun knowing how big the baby is and whats currently growing :)
    We just had our first! (Al btw) it is the BEST thing you will ever go through. Kids are awesome. Make sure you look when the baby comes out. Most incredible thing younwill ever experience.

Things change a little, but it is an adjustment we are very enthusiastically making. Best piece of advice I can give, is set up a team schedule where there are alternate "me" times of 1-2 hours, then spend time together at night. It's working like a charm, and we are having a blast.

Labor was rough because you feel pretty much helpless, but we had an awesome doula who kept the whole thing flowing. At any rate, CONGRATS from one tech junkie to another.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Congrats on all the babies, everyone :P

I'm 17 and currently live in Australia. I'm into gadgets and graphic/web design - WP7 is the perfect mix of the two. I like house/electro music (not exclusively though) and use a Mac as my main computer - wish it had Zune. I'm not a huge movie buff, but my favourite from last year would be Scott Pilgrim - partly for the story but mostly cause it's awesomely made. I generally prefer TV series though. Doctor Who, Parks and Rec, Community and Archer are probably my top few right now.

Like ikkf and Winterfang I'd rather not let google stalk me to the ends of the internet so I won't post personal stuff. There's probably enough information out there to figure out who I am, though :|
    Last edited by sm07; 08-27-2011 at 09:04 PM.

oooo... I like these threads!

I'm Mark, I live in the Chicago area, I'm 40 yrs old and a mainframe programmer for a direct mail marketing company. Single (but still looking), no kids (that I'm aware of), and two cats (the real bosses of the house).
    ikkf likes this.

My name is Patrick. I am a 44 year-old married father of 3 living on Hilton Head Island, SC. I am a prosecutor by day and a gamer by night.

I prefer the Xbox 360 and therefore, the attraction to WP7. In fact, I have played at least one game every day for over 5 years straight! That stat is tracked by a site called 360Voice. You can find it here: Streak Leader's Xbox 360 can blog

I own an HTC Trophy and have had it for about 2 months. I have also owned an Android and an iPhone. I just registered on this site today.

Thanks for reading!

My names is Jimmy and I live in Charlotte. I'm 55 years old and a retired HVAC contractor. I got out of the game when I got the chance, hope to stay out. I've been working with computers for almost 25 years but quit the game when all the ugliness started. I love Funk, photography, exotics and vintage cars waiting for my first kit to arrive in December

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Name's John and I live in Ft Worth, TX. I'm a 47 year old retired Air Force guy who just moved home and presently looking for work. I was one of those desperate folks who has hung on to the Zune hardware up until the bitter end and am now looking to migrate to WP7. Probably would have last year but I've learned to shy away from the first gen of any technology and feel like now that Mango and new handsets are on the way that it is the right time to go ahead and dive in. Just beginning to dabble in app development and kicking around a few ideas at the moment until I get my hands on a new phone.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    nice to meet everyone!!!
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

nice to meet everyone!!!
    yep!

*waves hi to the gang...*

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm a retired management consultant who spent most of my professional life in colleges and universities, and I live in a university town. I enjoy cycling, photography, MS Windows devices, and both reading and listening to music in two languages. Early this year, I discovered and signed up for an annual Zune Pass, and the ZuneHD and Samsung Focus have followed. I signed up here to learn from and contribute to this new-to-me WP7 community. I expect to keep the Focus and be around for a long while.

BTW, I really like that there is only one sticky on the Focus forum. ;)
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast