Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Hi All:

My Name is Jon. I'm in NW Indiana, currently making ends meet as a grocery cashier. I'm a net junkie, and digest large quantities of information from the web every day...especially tech/gadget news. I'm a lover of heavy metal (especially thrash) and lots of old school hard rock.

I joined the WP Central community when I received my Nokia Lumia 900 (March 30 pre-order). Before that I had a HTC Tilt 2 from AT&T for 2 years (poor WinMo 6.5 never had a chance to grow a nice garden of apps).

I really dig the Lumia 900. I can't speak for or against Android or iPhone since I've never used either, but I can absolutely say that neither one seems to interest me in the way my Lumia does.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Y'all can call me Drew. I live in Houston, Texas. I am into reading, music, photography, and I have a weak spot for almost any gadget. I am a dyed in the wool Steelers fan, and I drive an 08 Dodge Ram with a Hemi.

My first smartphone ran WM 5. I have had several others since including Iphones and Androids. So far Windows Phone is the only one that really fits. I like it that the phone works around how I live and I do not have to bend myself to it.

Am an avid gamer who loves Windows but I also have Macs and Linux machines.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan Lager View Post
    This sounds like fun! Ok here goes.

My name is Steve and I live on Long Island in NY. I am 26 years old working for BNY Mellon in a desktop support possition for the past 3 years. I play guitar, bass and drums and an amatuer in photography (love my Nikon d90.)

I have been a paranormal investigator (ghost hunter)for the lat 4 years as well and recently became cofounder and tech manager of a local paranomral group in NY servicing the tri state area.

Hmmmm. I think that should be it for now.
    Too cool, the d90 is a **** of a camera.:D
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hi everyone. i am Glenn. 16 and strongly libertarian. despise political correctness (yeah fight the machine) subscribed to alex jones and my favorite news channel is russia today. i like dystopia movies. metro ui kinda reminds me of race against time. fan of new wave and disco music. became a fan of windows phone about the time of the windows 8 and lumia 800 announcement. i was desperate to leave my motorola atrix. i knew windows was the way to go once windows 8 was announced. 7 and windows phone never mixed well. i kinda faded out of video games last year. so yeah its great to be here.
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    Hello guys, I'm here a long time too and just spotted this thread. My name's Boris, I'm from Ljubljana, Slovenia. Studying medicine, and addicted to smartphones, computers, all kinds of software for Windows and an early adopter of it (must try out everything new that comes out, haha) and a microbiology addict too.

In my free time I write poems, stories, play games, surf on the internet, train athletics (sprinting).

Friends could describe me as a nocturnal tech junkie.. Yea, I love to live at night :). That's it.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, this looks like fun. I'm a little late, but I'll join. My name is Jeremiah and I am 22. I work at a small TV station in Odessa, Texas - the middle of nowhere - as a graphics generalist and director. I'm a missionary kid from Mexico and people always ask me to say something in Spanish and I do hate it. :-P My beautiful wife Kristi and I have been married for almost three years and we have a 10-month old boy, Esben.

My first phone was a Samsung Instinct, then a Touch Diamond before I got an iPhone 3GS. I went back and forth between a Tilt 2 and an iPhone before I got a Focus and then Lumia 900. I have absolutely fallen in love with WP.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Francis here, from Montreal Canada, I'm a graphic designer turned into a web designer/developer. Own a Samsung Focus since a year now, planning to get a Nokia WP8 this fall, my contract is almost over!

LSS, Love Nokia, gave up a perfectly fine android phone for a Lumia 710. Going back to android. The wp7 OS is really not quite ready for prime time. Too many apps not there, and the analogs to google apps are more trouble than they're worth. Please, Nok, build some of your typically great handsets with android. Thanks. My thought, establish a new division (like toyota and lexus), call it "Aikon" and give me back the functionality I've gotten used to. When wp8 comes out, I'll check much more carefully before throwing a good phone overboard. I like the metro ui better than the zillion little android icons all over the screens, but that's really about all wp7 has to offer. Under the surface, ain't much.

Hello all,
    My name is Edward. I got my 1st WP Dec 2010. It was the best purchase for a phone I could have made. I had been using a Moto Q for almost 4 years and wanted the ease of having Outlook and Office built in.
    I am not an Apple hater, but I am not too fond of their products. After getting my son an iPod, I knew I would not like the iPhone. Primary reason: TOO DAMN SMALL.
    I am currently on the HTC Titan II, still unsure about it :-S. I did have the original Focus until about a month ago, they can get wet only so many times. I had a 32 gig sd card in it and it always performed like a champ.

I am part of a nerd herd for a blue chip company and love the way I can keep up with everything I need to without needing a 3rd party app. I can't wait for W8, WP8, Surface to hit the shelves.

Greetings!

I'm a 24 year old guy from Finland and I got my first WP LG Optimus 7 a couple of weeks ago. I moved to Metro UI out of curiosity and I was hoping it would prove itself better than Android as my previous phone was underwhelming Xperia Mini Pro. So far I am very pleased with the phone and the UI itself. It's stylish, fun to use and the phone itself is a steal for a 150e. As a mainly PC gamer I have enjoyed the games and apps I have tried so far. Only real downside in the UI(apart from no Opera thing :dry) is that not that many people seem to own a WP device. I hope that thing is about to change soon as the popularity of WP is growing.

Still, I'm glad I jumped from Android.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Hi I'm XENOPHOS.

I'm from India. I'm a copywriter by profession but a particle physicist by imagination. :P

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

Global Posts
    1,983 Global Posts
    I'm from California, Lumia 900, I am a strength coach and Ive own place in the SF Bay Area.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    greetings all!!! and welcome to wpcentral!
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Hi,

I'm Adrian from Bucharest, Romania.

I got my first WP (Samsung Omnia 7 16GB) in January 2011. I subsequently drowned it in a lake in August 2011 because I forgot it was in my shorts when I went in for a swim. After that I braved a few months of borrowed Android **** until 2nd gen devices came out and I got a HTC Titan, which I'm still using. Now I'm kinda pissed at myself because *I just have to have* a Lumia 920 even though neither the Titan or the Omnia got through a whole year of usage.

I'm also pissed at Microsoft for having no Xbox live in Romania and leaving Bing Maps as a barren wasteland in this part of Europe (streets are there, but no trace of anything else).

What else? Oh, phone history:

- Alcatel One Touch Easy db (2000);
    - Nokia 3310 (2002);
    - Nokia 6610i (2004) + Alcatel OT 511(2004);
    - Nokia N91 (2006) + Nokia 6610i (2004);
    - Nokia N97 (2008) + Nokia N91 (2006);
    - Samsung Omnia 7 (2011);
    - borrowed Samsung Galaxy Spica;
    - HTC Titan (2011);

There.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adilici View Post
    Hi,

I'm Adrian from Bucharest, Romania.

I got my first WP (Samsung Omnia 7 16GB) in January 2011. I subsequently drowned it in a lake in August 2011 because I forgot it was in my shorts when I went in for a swim. After that I braved a few months of borrowed Android **** until 2nd gen devices came out and I got a HTC Titan, which I'm still using. Now I'm kinda pissed at myself because *I just have to have* a Lumia 920 even though neither the Titan or the Omnia got through a whole year of usage.

I'm also pissed at Microsoft for having no Xbox live in Romania and leaving Bing Maps as a barren wasteland in this part of Europe (streets are there, but no trace of anything else).

What else? Oh, phone history:

- Alcatel One Touch Easy db (2000);
    - Nokia 3310 (2002);
    - Nokia 6610i (2004) + Alcatel OT 511(2004);
    - Nokia N91 (2006) + Nokia 6610i (2004);
    - Nokia N97 (2008) + Nokia N91 (2006);
    - Samsung Omnia 7 (2011);
    - borrowed Samsung Galaxy Spica;
    - HTC Titan (2011);

There.
    Welcome to WPCentral Adrian. This is the best place to share and express anything about WP8...

You will love this place!

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Hi all! I've been follow this sites news for a while and finally decided to join the forums. Someone I know was kind enough to give me an extra Windows Phone he had left over from a developer event. Been loving the Windows Phone ecosystem ever since!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am a new user on the forum and look forward to using this forum in the future. I am quite new to as well as am in need of some help.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums and thought I'd go ahead and post an introduction and a little info on myself.

I'm 28 and from the US. While I've been a MS fan for most all of my life I've never actually owned a Windows Phone thus far. Closest I've ever been was a Pocket PC back in the early 2000s. In fact, my phone history is really all over the place with next to no brand loyalty:

1. Nokia 5110 (2000)
    2. Motorola v.60 (2001)
    3. Sony Ericsson T230 (2003) - This was given to me by a parent and was atrocious
    4. Sony Ericsson T630 (2003)
    5. Motorola Razor v3 (2005)
    6. iPhone 3G (2008)
    7. iPhone 4 (2010)
    8. HTC Vivid (2011)

And, thanks to my TERRIBLE experiences with my HTC Vivid, I'll be purchasing a Nokia Lumia 920 as soon as I can. When I got the Vivid I strongly considered getting an HTC Titan but there were just some issues that bothered me in WP7. I hate to admit it but in the end it was something as simple as the trough on the start screen that kept me from buying it.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Hey WPC,

My name is Eric. I'm 40 and live a suburb just East of Cleveland, Ohio called Lyndhurst. I am a gadget and technophile since a very young age (My mother was the same and we always had a computer in the house from a Timex Sinclair on). I've had all the iPhones up until 5 and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a 920 ASAP. I've got a HP Touchpad running Android and I'm just not a fan of the OS. I much prefer the stock WebOS and I'm really looking forward to exploring WP8.

A little more about me. I have my own small business and I've recently began delving into graphic design on a small scale as well. I've created logos and designed business cards for many a friend and I've decided to see if anyone else can use my talents. I'm a car, gun, and bike guy but, not a sports guy. (See still a real man. lol). I don't have any fun cars in the stable currently and I ride a 2009 Star (Yamaha) Stratoliner S.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    I'm sure I speak on behalf of the community when i say Welcome aboard! This Is a great place to share information about WP And W8...

You will love it here!

I'm XENOPHOS BTW...had an HTC HD7, now on RaZr currently but sick of the OS. So jumping back in the WP wagon...(mostly it will be 8X)..

Sent from my RaZr HD.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    32,217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Hey WPC,

My name is Eric. I'm 40 and live a suburb just East of Cleveland, Ohio called Lyndhurst. I am a gadget and technophile since a very young age (My mother was the same and we always had a computer in the house from a Timex Sinclair on). I've had all the iPhones up until 5 and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a 920 ASAP. I've got a HP Touchpad running Android and I'm just not a fan of the OS. I much prefer the stock WebOS and I'm really looking forward to exploring WP8.

A little more about me. I have my own small business and I've recently began delving into graphic design on a small scale as well. I've created logos and designed business cards for many a friend and I've decided to see if anyone else can use my talents. I'm a car, gun, and bike guy but, not a sports guy. (See still a real man. lol). I don't have any fun cars in the stable currently and I ride a 2009 Star (Yamaha) Stratoliner S.
    Hi Eric! :)

My name is Laura, and I live in Cleveland (west side--Old Brooklyn neighborhood).

I am a recent graduate specializing in IT networking currently looking for work.

I do like sports (Browns/Cavs, but don't like Indians or baseball). However, I'm not sports-obsessed.

Hello ;) I m new here but I have been a WP fan since the birth or "rebirth" the OS 2 years ago. i got myself a Lumia 900 to replaced my worn-out Trophy about one month ago even tho I know 920 is coming soon. I must say it's Completely Totally 100% No Regret making the switch to Lumia. Nokia Lumia Rocks Baby Luv the exclusive apps especially Nokia Music. And the premium build quality of the 900 is even better the iPhone 5, I can't imagine what 920 will be like. And no whatever "-gate" issue with my 900. Its been rock steady since it was first power-up. Finally, I m so glad to join this forum to learn & share with u guys & gals on everything WP.
    PS. I actually posted the above under "Lumia 900" thread awhile back but only discovered belatedly that you got a "Introduction" thread so I Thor I posted it here. Sorry for the duplication. Cheerios :)

Global Posts
    32,217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Hi robinleck and welcome to wpcentral. :)

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Hi robinleck and welcome to wpcentral. :)
    Hi lak611, thanks man !

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Hi lak611, thanks man !
    Lol! She's a woman..

Sent from my RaZr HD.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast