Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 572
Like Tree367Likes
  1. robinleck's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    #101  
    Oops! Sincere apology :/
    Thanks again ;)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  2. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,660 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Oops! Sincere apology :/
    Thanks again ;)
    Hehehe...no problems.. welcome anyways...

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  3. robinleck's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Hehehe...no problems.. welcome anyways...

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    Glad to be here ;) Got a sense of belonging :)
  4. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,928 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Oops! Sincere apology :/
    Thanks again ;)
    No problem. :)
  5. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,660 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Glad to be here ;) Got a sense of belonging :)
    Its a great place with some really great people...

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  6. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,928 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Its a great place with some really great people...

    Sent from my RaZr HD.

    I agree. :)
  7. robinleck's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    #107  
    I've lurking around here for quite some time. Then, I decided to become proactive & registered becos I have learn alot from you all.
    "Its a great place with some really great people..." I couldn't agree more :)
  8. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,928 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    I've lurking around here for quite some time. Then, I decided to become proactive & registered becos I have learn alot from you all.

    "Its a great place with some really great people..." I couldn't agree more :)
    That's great to hear!

    It's always nice to see new folks around here. :)
  9. #109  
    Hey everyone,

    I have bought an HTC HD7 to try the Windows Phone platform, and I must say, I LOVE IT. I started out years ago with Blackberry. Moved to Android with the OG Droid release, and now... I'm thinking Nokia Lumia 922. The uni body design from Nokia has taken by breath away. After playing with the HD7, I am in love with the combination of software and hardware design. Android can not touch the beautiful design that WP is producing with the HTC 8x and Lumia 920 phones. And to be honest, the next batch of Nexus phones have possibly dropped the line a few notches. As a current Galaxy Nexus owner, Windows Phone may very well be my next platform. I have also been using Windows 8 preview release for several weeks now, and the two have be reeling for more!

    Thanks,
    Handsett Battery
  10. Mopr3me's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #110  
    Hey all! I'm 'new' to the site :) I've been lurking around for years but finally decided to join the community. The reason why I've just decided to do so is because I was embarassed that I don't have a smartphone yet.. can't afford one.. But that shouldn't take my love for Windows Phone away. What an amazing platform!

    I'm a 22 year old student from Holland xD!
  11. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,928 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsett Battery View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I have bought an HTC HD7 to try the Windows Phone platform, and I must say, I LOVE IT. I started out years ago with Blackberry. Moved to Android with the OG Droid release, and now... I'm thinking Nokia Lumia 922. The uni body design from Nokia has taken by breath away. After playing with the HD7, I am in love with the combination of software and hardware design. Android can not touch the beautiful design that WP is producing with the HTC 8x and Lumia 920 phones. And to be honest, the next batch of Nexus phones have possibly dropped the line a few notches. As a current Galaxy Nexus owner, Windows Phone may very well be my next platform. I have also been using Windows 8 preview release for several weeks now, and the two have be reeling for more!

    Thanks,
    Handsett Battery
    Hi and welcome to wpcentral! :)

    I also was a BlackBerry user. However, my first smartphone was a Nokia Symbian device.
  12. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,928 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopr3me View Post
    Hey all! I'm 'new' to the site :) I've been lurking around for years but finally decided to join the community. The reason why I've just decided to do so is because I was embarassed that I don't have a smartphone yet.. can't afford one.. But that shouldn't take my love for Windows Phone away. What an amazing platform!



    I'm a 22 year old student from Holland xD!
    Hi and welcome to wpcentral! :)

    Best wishes in university.

    It's great you joined this site. Once you're ready for a smartphone, you'll have all the details about the various devices.

    The blog posts here are an excellent source of information, and this site has many talented bloggers.
  13. weetigo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #113  
    Hi. I'm Frederick, I am 44 and I work at the University of Winnipeg doing marketing. My first smartphone was the Focus, then 800, 710, 900, and now the 920. I really love the WP8 platform and its integration with windows ecosystem.
  14. sugarsmax321's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #114  
    Hi, I'm sugarsmax. Got into this when my H announced that Verizon was the devil and wanted me to find a better deal. I'm a stylist, not very techie (as H would attest to) but I do know that research and knowledge can make up for lack thereof.
    As I soon realized, most contract companies here in the US are also the devil. Then one commentor from Europe said that contracts weren't legal in his country and he felt sorry for us. I then just wanted to know WHY.
    So I ran across a blog about the benefit of going no contract and what an unlocked phone is and can do compared to contract. Plus how much money you can potentially save, IF you know what you're doing. Around the same time I came across info on the Windows Phones emerging and how they're gonna change the game in the future with all kinds of cool features the rest of the free world already knows about or are currently enjoying.
    I started researching this in June, and have preordered a Lumia 920 in red. I'm paying for it outright so I can decide what carrier works for me. If they don't, I simply switch to another instead of riding out a contract. H calls it the great phone experiment:) But I also know he's anxious to see if all the information I've researched holds true.
    I have researched phones, bandwidths, carriers, processors, NFC, data, WIFI, hotspot, and a myriad of subjects related. I believe that knowing as much as I can stomach will afford me the best experience possible, and am happy to have found these forums for support and more knowledge. However, I'm not a techie, not employed in a techie field, nor do I play one on TV. I just want a better option that a contract phone for the amount of money they expect you to cough up.
    I'm tired of the phone companies expecting us to pay dearly for terrible customer service, lackluster phones or features, and bloatware I didn't even want. I want a new phone when I feel it's time to, and not be penalized for wanting to do so. And if your terms and service suck, I want to fire you and go somewhere else, not be held hostage for 2 years with exorbitant terms and fees.
    Sorry for the long post, but that's what got me here:) Have a good one:)
  15. #115  
    Hey guys, I'm Jonnie. Been a Windows Phone addict since Jan '11 when I was on xda and saw I could "hack" WP7 onto my beloved HTC HD2. Loved it so much I got my entire family Windows Phones (2 HD7's 3 Radars, currently have a 900).

    I'm 26, live in Las Vegas, love hip hop & metal. Schooling myself on coding and would love to make a living in the tech industry. Total tech geek & a bit of a Microsoft fanboy, although not a rabid one.

    Sorry this is kind of short, typing from my phone!
  16. andy3825's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #116  
    Howdy. Been looking ant Windows Phones since around the time that they came out, but WP8 looks great and has great timing, since I am due for an upgrade in a few weeks. Hoping my iphone survives the wait
  17. Longshot2012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #117  
    Hi, new here. Live in Pittsburg CA, just got a Lumia 920. I had a 900 briefly last year I think, but it had some issues with Texting and when I took the phone back they were out of them. I took that as a sign that I should just go back to my iPhone and wait for WP8 (I would still be in a new contract and would not have been able to get a wp8 device had I not done that). Either way, glad I found this site and looking forward to being a part of this community.
  18. randokam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #118  
    Hi all. My name's Randy, I'm a graphic designer out here in Oakland, CA. Just picked up a matte black Lumia 920. I saw a friend's 900 a couple of months ago and loved it. I've had a couple of Android devices (G1, Viewsonic G-Tablet), and a couple of iOS ones (3GS and iPad3).

    So far I gotta say I've been having a blast with the 920! I haven't had so much fun with a new mobile device in quite a while. I was looking for something different and fun and I definitely feel like I have that with the 920 and WP8.
  19. RduNC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #119  
    Hello from Raleigh, NC. Name is David. I am looking forward to getting my first windows phone. I curently own the original Droid Incredible. My new every two has been up since July. I look forward to breaking away from droid and give, what I think, the future of what phones will become. Time will tell.
  20. bear_lx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    816 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
       #120  
    welcome!!!
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx
  21. tehkei's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #121  
    HI im new. I bought a lumia 920, my last phone was an iPhone 4. I liked my Zune HD interface so I thought I'd get a windows phone once my contract was completed.
  22. Richard Manson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #122  
    Hello everybody, My name is Richard, presently living in Stavanger, Norway. Married to a wonderful woman and have ten year old twins, a boy and girl. Been a windows phone user for many years, and am presently using an HTC HD-2 with WP 7.5. I work as an engineer in the oil industry and am passionate about technology, hobbies include, metal working, woodworking, computing, ham radio........ I also love to cook!
  23. DJ Reyes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    #123  
    Hey all,

    I live over at CrackBerry.com but thought I'd come visit here, while at the same time share some Windows Phone for anyone, if I do come across any.. I've been curious over the Windows Phones lately. Last one I had was Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 6.5 on it. Just curious over what the other platforms have to offer. The Nokia Lumia 920 looks good or perhaps the 820. Would only really use it as a secondary phone.

    Anyone have recommendations?
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
  24. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Reyes View Post
    Hey all,

    I live over at CrackBerry.com but thought I'd come visit here, while at the same time share some Windows Phone for anyone, if I do come across any.. I've been curious over the Windows Phones lately. Last one I had was Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 6.5 on it. Just curious over what the other platforms have to offer. The Nokia Lumia 920 looks good or perhaps the 820. Would only really use it as a secondary phone.

    Anyone have recommendations?
    Either device is good. Depends on what features you want your secondary phone to have.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  25. brianLTE's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #125  
    Hey all! Been lurking for awhile. Thought I'd finally contribute :)

    My first WP device was a 900. I'm now on a 920 and I love it!
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions