Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehkei View Post
    HI im new. I bought a lumia 920, my last phone was an iPhone 4. I liked my Zune HD interface so I thought I'd get a windows phone once my contract was completed.
    I've had Zunes since Christmas 2006 and currently use a Zune HD while I workout. Your reason for moving over to WP is exactly why I first became interested in WP. I love the Zune HD interface and actually once said "if they would just make a Zune phone". When they did I had to try it.

I'm Ceejay, a self proclaimed tech geek who loves to write articles about Technology! I work for CellPhoneCity.com - an online seller of used and refurbished cell phones.

I am excited to share my ideas and thoughts to some of you! If you have some questions or interested about buying refurbished and used cell phones, just send me a private message and I'll be here to assist and help you! Happy sharing!

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm Jia from Singapore, 15 and a student. My parents sell electronics for a living, and I've developed an interest for gadgets since young.

Rocking a (un-unlockable) L800, with E63 as my second phone.

Went from being a hardcore Apple fan to a crazed WP fan just recently.

Have a soft spot for cases, used to own 15 cases for my previous iPhone. But sadly, L800 cases are pretty hard to come by here.

Good day! AntGut here. Prior MS blue badge from the 'good ole days' (left MS/Exchange in 2002). Not so new to WM/WP. In 'early 03 started off with testing PPC (primarily TMO & Sprint) for US Army in VA; worked with Randy and Rick quite a bit (good people). Numerous devices during that period, but mostly HP variants (still love my 5550; needs new battery). Moved on to a TMO/MDA (WM5 for the newer folks) in '06. Beat it up for quite a while and finally killed it in '10 in Kabul (broke the USB port). Sportin' an HTC HD7 now; with busted glass:( . Hoping to get it replaced soon by TMO (Nokia 810 please). Also looking to purchase a secondary device for my prepaid Afghan sims (any recommendations?). So, currently out here supporting operations doing IT geeky stuff. Peace Out...

I used to be an editor on the smartphonethoughts.com site years back. Windows Phone 8 has gotten me interested in the platform again. It has been a while :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Hello! I'm Daniel, a 21 year old tech ***** based in Leeds. I am an avid fan of cheerleading and will be getting back into the sport soon. I am also starting work on developing a Windows Phone app that will basically be linked to 1Radio (I am going to ask my colleagues to develop BB/iOS/Android versions). I currently use a HTC TITAN with Windows Phone but hope to soon get a Nokia Lumia 620/820/920 (most likely 820).

If you want my full introduction... just go to Paladinleeds powers in

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

New poster here! I have a Samsung Focus II, and have been loving Windows Phone since launch with the original Samsung Focus last year. Back when WP7 first launched, GUI of WP7 looked funky until I got a chance to try it for myself. The black background on the OLED looked amazing and the GUI fluid beyond what Android ever did. Huge fan!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    New WP8 user with Lumia 920, love at first sight ! Im a little bit disappointed with the lack of apps like Dropbox and Instagram...
    Cheers,

Pedro

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm a new WP8 user, just purchased my hTC 8x today.

After weeks if agonizing over the Lumia and being very indecisive about parting with my cash, I was persuaded in the Microsoft store to get the 8X. Looks great so far.

Since time immemorial, I'm used to carrying two handsets about. So now my ok BLackberry Curve gets ditched and I'm keeping just this 8X and my IPhone 4S.

Look forward to the fun!
    Thanked by:
    WinFan1, Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts
    New to WP8 and WPcentral have been a BB user for years as well as a long long time member of CrackBerry.... Still have a BB but decided today to add a line and give WP a try again
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Hey ya everybody! Hope you guys and gals have all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2013! Well my name is Oliver, I am from West Sussex, England, United Kingdom. I am a Microsoft junkie! Anything and everything Microsoft I use ^_^ I am only 16 (one of the younger ones to be posting on these forums) I am a student at Chichester College working on an IT diploma where I plan to continue into further IT education there until 2016. I have managed to secure a Microsoft apprenticeship for when I leave college on conduction that I get my qualifications =D Aside from all this I love cars, music, photography and my phone. Me and Samantha (my HTC Titan) have been together for nearly one year now ^_^ xD
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Hey guys, Nirodrit534 here. I've been using windows phones for a year and a half now. Started with a Focus, used it for awhile, then it just crashed on me and I went to the 920. Big big fan of it so far. I'm also a big gamer. I'm sure some of you guys have played or atleast seen RuneScape. I played it for AWHILE(5 years), it's really bad now tho. :'( I'm also a Xbox user, I've owned one for long time. I also play drums! I've played for 8 years and I'm also in the Marching Band, quads for 2 yrs, snare for 1.

I think that's it.

Maybe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

My name is Sean and am 41 years old and live in the UK. But am half Irish. I love technology and especially phones its like playing with a new toy at Christmas when un boxing a new handset. I also love photography and travel. I currently have a Lumia 800 Cyan but can't afford any of the new ones yet :-( Am a mad Nokian
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Hi there... Kiran living in Bangalore, India. "Smartest" of smartphones I've used before is the Nokia 6681, so am pretty new to the scene. Have been a Nokia fan ever since I started owning mobiles... never bought a phone other than a Nokia :D Part of the reason I waited long and good for a killer Nokia device.

Have been owning the Lumia 920 (black matte) for over a month now. Quite good, specially the snappy and neat OS. Battery life management is something which I've been trying to figure out over the time - eg. GPS seems to guzzle battery at 2% a minute; overall, with average use the phone lasts 15-16 hours. Now have to experiment with uninstalling some apps. (Perceived?) lack of apps is not at all an issue for me, specially with the rate at which new apps are coming. Wasn't initially happy with the camera (expected much sharper images, dealing with Creative Studio till the update comes out) - but video performance is great! Meanwhile, managed a few scratches on screen (visible faintly at certain angles) and a small smudge on the top edge.
    .................Enjoy Life, you only live it Once.................
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Hi there! Former WM user, current Android user. Going to be upgrading soon so looking to learn more about my options. Really like the Lumia, also like the iPhone and wouldn't mind giving Android another shot either. Very undecided atm but WP8 looks nice.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Very nice so much fun bit of learning curve but that's the fun part of it lumia920 apps are coming bugs get fixed fast

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I'm BIGPADDY
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Hi all,

I'm 36 and work in legal services. Came to Nokia Lumia from Android. Love the phone and the OS, won't pretend it does not have numerous flaws and glaring omissions though. But, I came to the OS with my eyes wide open.

Love Xbox gaming. Defense Grid is currently ruining my social life. Also like Portal and Battlefield. Although I have just traded B3 in for Mirror's Edge following a recommendation from a guy on here. Also enjoyed playing Trials Evolution, that seriously rinsed my nights.

Currently signing up for various mud runs, hoping to get fit enough to do a Tough Mudder. Already done a short Spartan Race (What Do We Look Like?).

I live in South Yorkshire, England.
    Last edited by peachy001; 01-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Sorry, dupe post
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm 23 and from Texas. I wish I had more chances in my day to say y'all. And I'm an Xbox lover, than wants a 720 and is having second thoughts about a PS4, when I already have a PS3. @_@
    Have Faith in Windows Phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    Hello everybody! My name's Robert, but I like to go by Bob. I'm a 26 year old software developer in Greenville, TX. I was an Android fanatic, but their UI is getting stale in my opinion, so I switched it up to WP8, and freaking loving it (although, I still have a Nexus 7 tablet). I'm an Open Source advocate who happens to love Microsoft's new UI choices for both the desktop and mobile so have been playing with the OS's as much as possible. My hobbies include PC and console gaming, photography (check me out at bawboh86.deviantart.com), some guitar, although I'm no good, and more programming on the side (because I'm nerdy like that).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Seems lately there are several of us from TX and the DFW area. Welcome!
    bawboh86 likes this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Seems lately there are several of us from TX and the DFW area. Welcome!
    Yah like me...lol

Fort Worth, Texas is home for me. Howdy all y'all.
    Laura Knotek and bawboh86 like this.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    Hello, my name is Fernando and I'm a phoneaholic. I'm 48 and I'm a project manager for medical gas pipeline installations in South Florida hospitals. In my spare time I tinker with phones and tablets.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Howdy Folks! My name is Zack and I like my Lumia 822. I am 35 years old, by day I run the Pest Control department at a big school district, by night I spend time with my wife and 3 children (also play Rift and tinker with my phone). I switched my wife and I to WP last week from iPhone despite the fact that 100% of our friends are iPhone junkies... WP8 so far is AWESOME!
    Thanked by:
    alaskanjackson likes this.