Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    My name is Ammar. I'm from Pakistan. Just sold my iPhone 4S for a white Lumia 920. I just completed my bachelors in Business Administration in Marketing.
    I've owned a Windows Phone before (Omnia 7 around 2 years ago) but wasn't impressed by WP7 at that time.

Hi all!

My name is Dave, I live in Kent, UK and im a Lineman for the National Grid.

Im a bit of a tech junkie in my spare time and have recently converted from Android to Windows.
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.

Hi I'm Steve. I work for Sussex police and live in Brighton UK.

Used to have Iphones, got bored with them. Not innovative enough. Cant personalise etc etc.

Switched over to WP8 and lumia 920. Wow! What an amazing phone

Ok made a few post over the last year so time to introduce myself.

I'm Darren from Norwich, England. Work for Aviva

Use to have an HTC HD7 which I swithed from iPhone 3Gs at the time. I then traded my HD7 back to iphone with no. 5. Had it 2 months hated it & seemed pointless having iPhone & iPad. So got rid & now have a Nokia Lumia 620. (Would prefered 820 but with the price saving it was hard to resist) so back in the Windows Phone game.

Main reason for having Windows Phone is for Xbox Live Games. So invite us if you which to share some gamerscore.
    CONSOLES/TABLETS: XboxOne, Xbox360 & Surface Pro 2
    PHONE: Nokia Lumia 930
    GAMERTAGS: supadryz & supadryzarcadz

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Sal from the Jersey Shore. Telecommunications estimator. Loving my 8x. (not physically or anything....get your minds out of the gutter) Hanging on WP Central to make sure I'm caught up on all the news, rumors, new apps, and tips&tricks for WP8....and i'm a ball-breaker. Don't take me seriously.
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi everyone .I'm Steffy 19+ newbie to this forum..I'm from India

I'm Jared, I'm 17 and I live in suburban NY, about 2 hours away from Manhattan. I primarily use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and a HTC Trophy as a media consumption device. I'm a huge supporter of both Windows Phone and Android, and I'm not a fan of Apple.

I'm a senior in high school, with no job. I have 2010 Kia Soul Sport as well a 76 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible as my fun car (although both are fun).

I LOVE music, I'm obsessed with cars, I like playing video games (primarily racing) and I could about either of those things any day, all day.

Sent from a GNex.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Andy from Boston, Ma. I am 22 years old going on 23 next month. I am a Microsoft junkie. I own all of their products everything from lumia 920 to surface rt to a windows 8 laptop and desktop and an xbox 360 (gamertag BLooDY617.) and am a huge evangelist for windows phone. I use the Lumia 920 but have had extensive use of all platforms. I'm open minded to all tech. I dont believe in a 2 horse race and want technology to be about the benefit of the customer and the freedom to choose what works best for our day to day lives. I work as a printer repair tech at fidelity investments in the city.
    Some of my interest include reading, photography, gaming (just beat farcry 3) today lol. I'm a forum junkie and I'm always willing to learn new things. Its good to meet my fellow windows brethren. :D
    Im super glad to be a part of this community even when people sometimes get snarky :p and will continue to use what i think is the product that is being the most diverse and unique and innovative and right now thats windows phone windows 8 and xbox :D
    Last edited by WinFan1; 02-05-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: wanted to add more information.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Corey from Birmingham, Alabama. Technical support representative for AT&T. Was an avid iPhone user, but made the switch to WP8. Loving my phone and OS just really wish people would jump aboard making apps for WP like they do for Apple and Android.
    WinFan1 and Laura Knotek like this.
    I'm Micah. 17 years old from jersey. Senior in high school. I am also an actor and model.

Currently I am the founder of my very own teen and young adult forum which is pretty cool and growing daily.

I'm a big fan of the Korean pop scene, a big gay rights activist and I am also really big on staying physically fit. I am a true windows phone fan and tech freak.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrDafoe View Post
    Hi everyone! FriendOrDafoe here!

Im 22 years old and my LG Quantum is my first smartphone ever. I live in Cincinnati and am an Engineering student / intern. I love Microsoft stuff, Reggae, Beer, Bicycles, Markets, blah blah blah. And this is my only active forum. I like it alot!

I am on Xbox Live if anyone wants to throw me a friend request. FriendOrDafoe
    what kinda games do you play? big on cod here and halo :D
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Reyes View Post
    Hey all,

I live over at CrackBerry.com but thought I'd come visit here, while at the same time share some Windows Phone for anyone, if I do come across any.. I've been curious over the Windows Phones lately. Last one I had was Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 6.5 on it. Just curious over what the other platforms have to offer. The Nokia Lumia 920 looks good or perhaps the 820. Would only really use it as a secondary phone.

Anyone have recommendations?
    if you want all the bells and whistles and great lowlight pictures from your smartphone id say go with the lumia 920 (bit bulky but not too bad) if your looking for something a bit more down to earth the 820 will serve your needs just fine. Plus its also a fashion statement with the ability to remove batteries and change shells to match whatever mood your feeling :D

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Brian from Orlando. Owner of a glorious HTC 8x (95% of the time it's glorious. The other 5% I want to throw it off the roof). Made the move from a Radar :)

Hi!
    Nice to meet y'all.
    I'm Neriah, I enjoy playing games (PSVita) and I'm 21 years old.
    I'll be getting a cherry red Lumia 920 next week, if the post office is kind enough. LOL
    It'll be my first time in WP (also 1st smartphone) and I'm counting on you experts to teach me all about it.

Hi!

Im from Norway, have had a lumia 800 before getting the sgs3, now in on a lumia 920, which marginally beats my old sgs3. GREAT phones, both of them.
    Im currently not employed, im a student of poker, i play pool recreationally, i write, i draw, i watch a TON of movies/tv shows (its a disease, really, and quite scary).
    Somehow I got into a monogamous relationship and loving it, strangely enough.
    Ive,got two cats, Sasori and Kishi, both crazy awesome.

Dunno what more there is to say :) .

I'm from Estonia, name's Elmar.

My dream came true, finally, after months of waiting. Got my windows phone, which is Lumia 820. Very satisfied, to say the least.

Hello,

I'm from Switzerland. I bought a Samsung ATIV S a month ago to replace my Nokia Lumia 710 which was my first smartphone.

I like most things about Windows phones but not everything, that's why I joined this forum so I can talk about it with fellow WP users.

Talk to you guys later on the boards.

Thanks for starting, Bear
    Welcome Aboard All ⚓ Great to have you're here. Please take time and check out all the areas of your interest in the forums and post any help you need. You're fine a lot of new friends willing to answer any of your questions.
    Again Welcome.

Hello everyone. Finally i am officially a Windows Phone user. Been a lurker in this forums reading everything WP and when i bought my Lumia 820, it's something i will forever remember as the best decision in my life. Happy user here from the Philippines!

Being different from the other OSes prove to be a disadvantage thought. People notice my phone, not me
    Thanked by:
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Greetings from Batam! (Indonesia, if you wonder)
    Not 'old' enough but I sure do love smartphones and specifically, Windows Phone. My first smartphone (and touch screen phone) was the Nokia 500. Then, I switched to Nokia N9, which I finally broke it (Golly..)
    Finally, got a taste of the WP through the Lumia 710 and now, the Lumia 620.
    Extremely happy with my phone. Somehow, I am interested on Sony Xperias but then...... Hey guys! :)

Quote Originally Posted by JackMerson View Post
    Greetings from Batam! (Indonesia, if you wonder)
    Not 'old' enough but I sure do love smartphones and specifically, Windows Phone. My first smartphone (and touch screen phone) was the Nokia 500. Then, I switched to Nokia N9, which I finally broke it (Golly..)
    Finally, got a taste of the WP through the Lumia 710 and now, the Lumia 620.
    Extremely happy with my phone. Somehow, I am interested on Sony Xperias but then...... Hey guys! :)
    Hi

but please don't go to the DARK SIDE! Lol!!!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipoDj View Post
    Hi

but please don't go to the DARK SIDE! Lol!!!
    Lol, I will.. Muahahahaha! (Jk) :D

Hi all, my name is Roger and I am from the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica.
    I love tech even after it has punched me in the face a couple of times.
    I've had a Motorola V60, V120t, Ericsson T18d, Nokia 6560, Nokia E51 and a Palm Pixi Plus.
    My first Smartphone was a Nokia N8 (still using it, by the way) and my latest purchase is a Lumia 820 (online) wich unfortunately I received locked to AT&T so can only use with skype, whatsap and anything that does't involve making a phonecall. Still trying to work this out but it's a bit difficult as I am not in the US.
    Had a Sony Xperia miro that died almost a month after I purchased it.
    I work at a government company here and have both a Windows XP and a Windows 8 PC I built myself, a Windows 7 Laptop and netbook.
    I have a beautifull wife, who is a teacher, and a 3 year old son.
    I am always checking the site for news and stuff and have downloaded several apps reviewed here.
    Love the site!
    palandri likes this.

hi everyone...name's nithin...stay in the middle east...love tech specially the ones involving computer hardware...and scuba equipment..;)...jumped onto the win phone bandwagon with the wp7 launch (got myself a venue pro)...still use it...love that phone...recently got myself a lumia 920 and loving it more...made a few friends convert to wp8 from their androids and apples...and also made my bro(one of the biggest apple isheep) realize that his iphone5 sucks :D he actually admitted he loves the wp8 interface and mostly will be getting himself a lumia soon...:D
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast