Finally made the switch

slpaige

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I couldn't pass up the Amazon penny deal and picked up the focus s. So hopefully I'll be getting that soon unless somethings happens with the number porting. I didn't get to play with the focus s in person but I was able to play with the flash a few days ago, and I was quite impressed with how smoothly everything transitioned, even on that phone. Leaps and bounds better than my old android phone.

Does anyone have any tips for someone new to windows phone?

WPGenius

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
WELCOME TO WP CENTRAL!!!!

Congrats on the conversion firstly, HOPE you find everything as smooth as the rest of us. The main thing to get "Used" too, would actually be the tiles themselves, they basically provide you your notifications. Its Really a self explanatory OS, I have never had a smoother phone. Feel FREE to ask us all questions. Take a look around and most of your questions may already be answered.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Welcome!

Reading the post in the Focus S section will help you learn a lot about your phone. Also going through "Setting" on your phone will help you become more familiar with it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the WPC you have made a wise choice on the Focus S I have one and I think this is one great device.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First order of business. The Live ID you initially setup your phone with can't be changed without a hard reset. So get it right the first time. If you already have one you use regularly then you are set. Or, if you have a family, you might want to consider creating a family Live ID with common contacts which would allow you to share apps across devices. Something to think about while waiting for the delivery truck. Oh, and might as well install Zune on your PC (or the Mac Connector, whatever).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99