Anybody on here who's not 40?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry young grasshopper. At 56, probably just about old enough to be your grandpa. But just cause my hair is gray, doesn't mean my mind is (at least most of the time).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
21 here. Still waiting to be able to afford my first WP7 device. Probably won't be able to get one until Apollo is out :(

I wish I had the bank account of a 40 year old :p

hubberttyler

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
19 created an account just to post this, but I guess now I can be more involved in the forum than just reading threads.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
19 created an account just to post this, but I guess now I can be more involved in the forum than just reading threads.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
welcome.gif

Welcome along to WPCentral hubberttyler. The more the merrier. :)

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
26 about to turn 90. I am an old man. Things hurt that shouldn't. I swear I wake up in the morning and I examine my breasts for lumps. If there is a matching lump on the other side I know I am safe.

At least I can feel better knowing that for the time being, all the important parts work (if you know what I mean.)

And if you don't know what I mean, I have no problems going to the bathroom.

Get your mind out of the gutter foo.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
20. I've always been a tinkerer, but I never dove deep enough into whatever device I was tweaking to potentially brick it. Wp7 is the perfect OS for me, haha. I don't want to put the effort into learning how to fully utilize my jailbroken iphone4 (dead sim, had the # transferred to my focus, now I've got a bulky ipod touch), and since wp7 is so "new," I have enough customization choices to keep me content.

If I put that detail-focused trait of mine towards my geological engineering degree (in progress, est.....a few years or so), I'd be out of school and working my trade far sooner.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Does it count that I still feel 18? :p
That's what she said.

Ok, that's enough of that. Anyways, the reason I'm commenting on this is because it brings back some good memories of my dad. He didn't pass away, just sort of faded socially when he and my mother seperated.
He used to ask that question at the most awkward times. One time comes to mind that is mildly funny, and most likely wont end with crickets and an awkward "....oh you shoulda been there" from me.
AARP called some time ago, I think he had just turned 55 a few days prior, and the lady gave her usual spiel about benefits for the elderly and other services they provide. My dad replied with, "Do I still qualify if I feel like I'm 18?" he bugged her about it for a few response-less seconds before she came back with (while chuckling) "Sir, if you have your ID, we can provide substantial discounts on your current anti-dementia prescription. We understand how easy it is to justify skipping doses to save money." I laughed till oxygen deprivation caused me to stop. I don't know whether anyone else would consider that funny, but maybe it'll inspire some of the site's older members to have their own fun with the premise.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Your only as young as you feel, now that being said, I'm going to hop on BF3 when I get off of work and lay down some rounds on some smacktards.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's what she said.

Ok, that's enough of that. Anyways, the reason I'm commenting on this is because it brings back some good memories of my dad. He didn't pass away, just sort of faded socially when he and my mother seperated.
He used to ask that question at the most awkward times. One time comes to mind that is mildly funny, and most likely wont end with crickets and an awkward "....oh you shoulda been there" from me.
AARP called some time ago, I think he had just turned 55 a few days prior, and the lady gave her usual spiel about benefits for the elderly and other services they provide. My dad replied with, "Do I still qualify if I feel like I'm 18?" he bugged her about it for a few response-less seconds before she came back with (while chuckling) "Sir, if you have your ID, we can provide substantial discounts on your current anti-dementia prescription. We understand how easy it is to justify skipping doses to save money." I laughed till oxygen deprivation caused me to stop. I don't know whether anyone else would consider that funny, but maybe it'll inspire some of the site's older members to have their own fun with the premise.

It's seem we both have something in common. I'd say my dad gave up on life in his late forties. Life itself become a chore for him. No social life, divorced, and very few friends of whom he's managed to hold on to. He's 61 at the moment and his favourite saying is "hopefully it'll see me out".... "Yeah, I'd like one of those new Ford Mondeos... that should see me out". lol

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Gen-X is around 30-40 now.

I guess kids now would be Gen-Z or something. Or Gen-A2.

You're right - I should have said Gen-Y or Millennials which usually refers to people born between the mid-1970s to the early 2000s. I've actually done some work studying those differences and should have remembered that. But you must know, due to my advanced age I'm currently suffering from a pre-alzheimer's condition called CRS. Stands for Can't Remember S***.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077