Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By XBWillem
  • 1 Post By luke6494
  • 2 Post By Duvi

Hello all,

I just signed up for the forum. I have been visiting the website since I got my HTC Titan a couple of months back.

My name is Willem van Vugt and I live in the Netherlands. I'm studying Communications at a University of Applied Sciences in Vlissingen. Apart from studying, I work in a local grocery store (Albert Heijn) and I'm chief editor at the Dutch Xbox 360 website Xboxworld.

Could somebody show me around? I'm looking for the right forum / topic to ask a question about my Wi-Fi. I read in the FAQ there's no option to prevent Wi-Fi from going to sleep. I'd like to learn more about this.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

Good morning XBWillem.

Unfortunately you're right, loads of users would like their Wi-Fi to stay awake but of course as you have discovered it currently doesn't. (Perhaps in future updates it will)

Feel free to post any enquiries in the Titan forum or general Windows Phone OS forum.

I have a Titan too and absolutely love it, are you liking yours ?

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral XBWillem. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Thanks for the reply TheWeeBear. Am I correct that's it better to post in the HTC forum with questions concering how my device works, than the OS forum?
    Days of Fear | Nights of Anger | Daze of Hate | Knights of Suffering

Xboxworld | Twitter | Last.fm
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Well Wi-Fi sleeping isn't just restricted to the Titan XBWillem, it's all Windows Phones, so you post it in whichever section you like. :)

Okay, thanks! I really hope that gets a fix real soon (or that we can change settings).

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yes hope so too XBWillem.

Don't forget to download the app (if you wan't to) to suggest future updates that you would like Microsoft to impliment.
    (Suggestion Box)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/ap...0-aeed254f3d42

(Hopefully it's available on your own Marketplace too)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 01-06-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Just as an FYI, in unrelated battery drain tests, I discovered that when on WiFi only, your WiFi will turn on every two hours and sync email. Not sure yet how long it stays on or whether it run background tasks etc. Still testing. Not instant, but if you turn off data you will still receive email.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Yes hope so too XBWillem.

Don't forget to download the app (if you wan't to) to suggest future updates that you would like Microsoft to impliment.
    (Suggestion Box)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/ap...0-aeed254f3d42

(Hopefully it's available on your own Marketplace too)
    Yep, Suggestion Box is available in the Dutch marketplace. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Just as an FYI, in unrelated battery drain tests, I discovered that when on WiFi only, your WiFi will turn on every two hours and sync email. Not sure yet how long it stays on or whether it run background tasks etc. Still testing. Not instant, but if you turn off data you will still receive email.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    I noticed this too. I didn't know about 2 hours, but I get e-mail notifactions now and then when not using my phone and only having wi-fi around (as I don't have 3G coverage in most buildings).

Welcome here
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Welcome to WPC and you can post in what ever forums you think best fits.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Welcome to WPCentral! I really like your sig. Yoda quote reference + homophones, ftw.

People are pretty easy-going around here. I haven't seen anyone make a big deal out of posting in the wrong spot. We have all been beginners at some point, so I think most of us understand. :)

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Because I do not wish to open a new thread to say hello to you all, I will just sneak my way into this already existant thread

I've been following the wpcentral page and the forum for about a year now (more specificaly since I bought my Omnia 7 back in October 2011), and I must say I absolutly 100% love the whole community and the wp7 system. I've had other phones like BB and android but I must say that at last I am satisfied with the current phone, the problem with previous ones was that I always had a feeling that the phone just isn't right for me, now my search is at an end, and my soul at peace :P

I must also pay a compliment to the forum community, as I recall, I've never seen bad attitude from any forum members and also the community is growing day by day, which makes us one big phone family, and in a weird way makes me feel happy :D

Keep up the good work, or like the japanese say: Ganbatte Kudasai!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

What a lovely post SLO Eclipse, very many thanks for all your kind comments, very much appreciated indeed.

Have an extra special welcome along to WPCentral. :D

Quote Originally Posted by XBWillem View Post
    Hello all,

I just signed up for the forum. I have been visiting the website since I got my HTC Titan a couple of months back.

My name is Willem van Vugt and I live in the Netherlands. I'm studying Communications at a University of Applied Sciences in Vlissingen. Apart from studying, I work in a local grocery store (Albert Heijn) and I'm chief editor at the Dutch Xbox 360 website Xboxworld.

Could somebody show me around? I'm looking for the right forum / topic to ask a question about my Wi-Fi. I read in the FAQ there's no option to prevent Wi-Fi from going to sleep. I'd like to learn more about this.
    Hi Xwillem Welcome here!! I am also a new member here.I don't much about this forum.I think you easily tell me this website deals with which product and what is the main papoose of this website.

Hello,welcome

Welcome to community! ;)

Thanks to all.Nice to meet you all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Well Wi-Fi sleeping isn't just restricted to the Titan XBWillem, it's all Windows Phones, so you post it in whichever section you like. :)
    Unfortunately... this is true. :(

BTW, welcome XBWillem, SLO Eclipse, amberlewis. :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i am also new to the forums but i will spend most of my time in the lumia 822 forum. instead of creating a new thread i figured i would just post in here. hello everyone. loving my lumia 822 to death. glad to be back on the windows phone train. ooo how i have missed it :)
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    aubreyq likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luke6494 View Post
    i am also new to the forums but i will spend most of my time in the lumia 822 forum. instead of creating a new thread i figured i would just post in here. hello everyone. loving my lumia 822 to death. glad to be back on the windows phone train. ooo how i have missed it :)

Welcome to the forums.

You can create your own intro (if you'd like) here.

Or you can add on to the this thread.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and luke6494 like this.