Hello everyone!

abhaywritescode

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Greetings to all, I'm new here - previous iOS and Android user. I've always been interested in the Windows Phone 7 platform, especially the Metro UI which is very intriguing. I finally made myself buy a WP 7 device 3 weeks ago and I love it!
I was heavily into iOS jail breaking and Android rooting, but I'm a total noob when it comes to Windows Phone 7.
Btw, the phone I bought is the Samsung Omnia W (I8350), but I don't see it under the forums as a separate phone, should I just refer to the Omnia 7 forum?

I must add that from what I've seen from this website/forum, it's a lot better than any iOS or Android forum. It's truly a pleasure to be part of it :)

Thanks,
Abhay

abhaywritescode

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think the Omnia 7 forum is the right forum for you. Welcome to WP Central and Windows Phone!
Thanks, I would also like to know the basics about Windows Phone 7 jailbreaking and the advantages, so if anyone can send me a message or something stating the advantages and benefits, that would be really helpful.
Thanks.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
There is no jailbreaking. The best you can do is get a Microsoft Developer account for $99 a year and developer unlock your phone, which still has limitations. Or you could visit XDA and find information on reflashing your phone with a custom ROM.

abhaywritescode

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There is no jailbreaking. The best you can do is get a Microsoft Developer account for $99 a year and developer unlock your phone, which still has limitations. Or you could visit XDA and find information on reflashing your phone with a custom ROM.

That's all I needed to know, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss