Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Long time reader of WPCentral, but only recently joined. I picked up a Samsung Focus on Windows Phone day 1, bought a Lumia 900 off contract, and upgraded to a white Lumia 920 a couple days ago. Before my Windows Phone days (as well as interspersed), I've used BlackBerries, Android, a couple iPhones, and even Symbian S60 (loved my Nokia E71).

I work for Microsoft and am deeply interested in computing and, more recently, gadgets. No, I'm not a shill (;)), and so that there's a clear disclaimer, all posts and comments are formed of my opinions only and do not reflect the direction or opinion of my employer. I'm just a tech enthusiast like everyone else here!

chuck

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts
    So how are you liking that Lumia 920? Sounds like you have a good bit of experience with other mobile platforms. That's good, because you can help provide new adopters of WP7/8 some help transitioning from their inferior mobile platforms. Heh! That's great you work for Microsoft. What section/department/program do you work on?
    Lumia 635
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Welcome to WPC and glad to have you on board.

I have a Cyan 920 and I'm in love.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Welcome!
    Howdy, Chuck! Welcome on-board.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks all! The Lumia 920 is doing fine so far. Had battery life issues on the third day of use, but restarted the phone and haven't had an issue since (~1 week). Display is fantastic, performance is significantly improved from the Lumia 900 (hey, the NT kernel + more powerful SoC does have its uses ;-)) and camera is both great in low light and has improved dynamic range. Most of my previous qualms with the Lumia 900 (combination of hardware + software) are all but resolved with the above improvements, plus significant home screen flexibility with WP8.

I work in the Windows group, on Windows RT specifically, during the 8 timeframe. Looking forward to contributing what I can around here.