Hello!! Loving WP8, few questions.

JSNDarko

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What up everyone, names Darko I'm married have two kids I work in the IT field and play way to much xbox and PS3. Love the site and look forward to being a member of this forum and learning and helping as much as possible

I picked up the 920 on Friday and cant put it down! I had the iPhone 4 since launch day and loved it but with every new OS update it still felt the same and became stale to me. So far I am very happy with my decision and love the OS and the fact that I got a better piece of hardware with the same space for 200$ cheaper.

So far I only have a few questions about the OS i haven't figured out yet.
-Is there a way to text multiple photos in one text?

-Why doesn't the mic from my iPhone headphones work with this phone? Does it support headphones with the inline mic?

-Is there any kind of video out features?

-Can smartglass stream my photos to the xbox?

-Is there select all and cut features?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What up everyone, names Darko I'm married have two kids I work in the IT field and play way to much xbox and PS3. Love the site and look forward to being a member of this forum and learning and helping as much as possible

I picked up the 920 on Friday and cant put it down! I had the iPhone 4 since launch day and loved it but with every new OS update it still felt the same and became stale to me. So far I am very happy with my decision and love the OS and the fact that I got a better piece of hardware with the same space for 200$ cheaper.

So far I only have a few questions about the OS i haven't figured out yet.
-Is there a way to text multiple photos in one text?

-Why doesn't the mic from my iPhone headphones work with this phone? Does it support headphones with the inline mic?

-Is there any kind of video out features?

-Can smartglass stream my photos to the xbox?

-Is there select all and cut features?
Hi there, I'll see if I can answer your questions.

Yes, you can attach more than one photo to a text, just hit the paperclip icon again.

Your iPhone headphones probably have apple specific controls. I don't think there's an industry standard for these things.

I don't think there's any video streaming capability.

Smartglass is supposed to a window and controller on top of the Xbox. The only way you can show music and videos is by copying data to the console or pairing with a windows media centre.

Select/copy/paste depends on the application. There's not a Ctrl-A to select all text, but app developers can add it as an option if they wanted to.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello JSNDarko. I'm one of the moderators and would like to welcome you to WPC and to the WP platform. Great device choice as I have the cyan 920 and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There is some speculation that the Nokia video out cables that plugged into the 3.5mm jack will work with the 920, based on an unofficially leaked spec sheet/document. Whether it's true or not, idk... Anybody have one if those Nokia video out adapters (CA##U) and try it yet?
Select all is sorely missing... But you can select, copy, and backspace to sort of replace the cntrl+X :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb