Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich Edmonds

Hello! I'm Sarah.
    I'm a webdesigner and mac user who currently has an iPhone 4. I've always been very anti Microsoft but Windows 8 has really grabbed my attention from the first moment I saw it. I'm also getting a little bored of iOS (especially its use of skeuomorphism) and want something new to play with. I love the bold colours of WP8 UI and can't wait to pick up an 820 when I can get hold of one.

PIN
    No
    Hi there Sarah and welcome to wpcentral, and to Windows phone!

Yep, the new WP OS is certainly bold and fresh, and it really is a fun to use as you've seen in the demo videos. I got bored of Apple as well, especially the constant pressure to buy the new generation every year or so, as well as everyone seeming to want to own an iPhone.

Welcome to change. Be a goat, not a sheep.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Hello Sarah. I'm one of the moderators and would like to welcome you to WPC and soon the WP platform. Hopefully you get to an 820 sooner rather than later. If I didn't fall in love with the 920, I'd be all over the 820. Great device.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Welcome!

Windows Phone really does appear to be the one doing new and interesting things with design. It's no surprise that people interested in design are being drawn to it.

Global Posts
    2,052 Global Posts
    Welcome, reformed iphone user here!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Hello, Sarah! You're not alone, many are heading back to Microsoft, like drones attempting to figure out where the monopolistic beast went ... how have we got an innovative Microsoft? I don't believe even Ballmer knows, but welcome on-board nonetheless! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay :giggle:

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    Hello there Sarah!

Just ditched my iP5 for a Lumia 822. Welcome! Good community here don't be afraid to ask anything!

Thank you all for the kind welcomes. I can already see after a short time that this fourm has a great friendly community.

Microsoft have really taken me by surprise with Windows phone 8. It looks modern and the transitions are really beautifully crafted. MS are the only ones pushing it. Apple have just stayed still the the last few years, doing the bare minimum for each revision. I pick up my 820 tomorrow, can't wait.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    welcome and you will like the windows phone reinvented for you.