Just saying hello!

Mike3of3

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Im 3 weeks off an upgrade and looking seriously at WP8 to replace my BB, and hoping to pick up some friendly advice before I take the plunge.

My network (o2) doesn't yet offer the 920, so the 8X is my current interest although I've not ruled out the Ativ S yet.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just over a year ago I moved from a BB to WP. It was such a vast improvement that its hard to put it all down. The only thing my BB did better was have an incredible battery life. My son and wife have been using the HTC Titan and love them. They will soon be switching to the 920. My daughter is going to try out the HTC 8x. I would give the 8x a try and see how it works? There are tons of folks on this site that can help if you have questions!

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you would prefer a 920 wait a wee while. The EE exclusivity is ending. Vodafone is getting the 920 in the New Year and I expect other networks will too. But if this doesn't interest you, get a hands on with both the 8x and Ativ S to see which you prefer. 😊

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Howdy Mike, welcome to Windows Phone Central. You're in safe hands as O2 is considered a "premium partner" for Windows Phone. The network will soon be sporting the Samsung ATIV S, as well as the HTC 8S. The two Windows Phones will join the Lumia 820 and HTC 8X as Windows Phone 8 hardware goes. Since you're after the Lumia 920, my advice would be to wait. O2 will be stocking the Lumia 920 in the new year. If not, then I'll buy you a pint. But I will say that both the HTC 8X and ATIV S are superb devices.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Mike. I like the screen name. My wife is the oldest of 6 and goes by 1of6 on a couple of her screen names.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs