New from the UK

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thought I'd introduce myself as I've been hanging in the background for a bit.

I got a couple of Nokia 710s in the summer (one was ?140, the other ?99), and gave one to my mum. Since then, I had mic/audio issues with my own Lumia and three attempted repairs later, persuaded the shop I bought it from to give me a refund to the value of ?140. Which I promptly used to buy a Lumia 800, since they'd fallen to that price by then! Now a very satisfied owner, and my mum likes her 710 too - the OS is nice and simple and not overly complicated like her previous temperamental BlackBerry.

I've been interested in Windows Phone for a while, being an early adopter of the Zune back in 2007, owning the brown 30GB and black 80GB models, and occasional writer for the Zuneboards site. It's nice to see a mobile sprouting from the best MP3 player and music ecosystem I've ever used (why Microsoft are abandoning the Zune player I do not know), and Windows Phone is a superb device against iPhone and Android. Here's hoping it gradually gains market share - I was encouraged to read that it has 5% market share in the UK and it can only grow.

Interesting to see the recent marketing approach based around individuality, to distinguish Windows Phone from the competition - it seems a direct riff on Zune's marketing slogan "You Make it You" back in the day :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs