Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mellifluous

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hi, thought I'd introduce myself as I've been hanging in the background for a bit.

I got a couple of Nokia 710s in the summer (one was 140, the other 99), and gave one to my mum. Since then, I had mic/audio issues with my own Lumia and three attempted repairs later, persuaded the shop I bought it from to give me a refund to the value of 140. Which I promptly used to buy a Lumia 800, since they'd fallen to that price by then! Now a very satisfied owner, and my mum likes her 710 too - the OS is nice and simple and not overly complicated like her previous temperamental BlackBerry.

I've been interested in Windows Phone for a while, being an early adopter of the Zune back in 2007, owning the brown 30GB and black 80GB models, and occasional writer for the Zuneboards site. It's nice to see a mobile sprouting from the best MP3 player and music ecosystem I've ever used (why Microsoft are abandoning the Zune player I do not know), and Windows Phone is a superb device against iPhone and Android. Here's hoping it gradually gains market share - I was encouraged to read that it has 5% market share in the UK and it can only grow.

Interesting to see the recent marketing approach based around individuality, to distinguish Windows Phone from the competition - it seems a direct riff on Zune's marketing slogan "You Make it You" back in the day :p

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    I like the UK. This has nothing to do with anything, but I do so very much.

Hi Mellifluous :)

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Welcome to wpcentral hope you enjoy your time here

mywelcomemats.jpg
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Developer

Welcome Mellifluous. Good to hear from another enthusiast from the UK.