New HTX 8X User

creccaj1

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Name is Jon and I have been a long time Android user since the original Droid on Verizon. I am actually an Advisor over on the sister forum AndroidCentral and most recently had the Note 2. While I have loved Android, I was looking for something new and fresh and after using the iPhone for a little bit inbetween that wouldn't fit the bill. In comes Windows Phone 8. I have always been intrigued by WP8 and I did some research, read some reviews and went to the store to play. Considering Verizon doesn't have the Lumia 922 and I didn't feel like waiting for the Surface Phone (if it comes to Verizon) I bought the HTX 8X off contract to keep my unlimited plan.

After playing around with the phone last night, setting it up the way I wanted I really am finding this to be a solid phone OS. I have started to move to the way of using my phone for basic functions like texting, phone calls, emails, browsing and the occasional facebook/twitter. Aside from that, the majority of the apps I use have been on my tablet so the app support isn't a huge deal to me. I must say, after being an Android user for so long the change was a little overwhelming at first because I am heavily integreated in the Google ecosystem but as long as I was able to get my contacts and calendars in I am perfectly happy.

I may be new to WP8, but I am sure I can pick it up very quick. Looking forward to the forums here and I am sure you will see me around.

Jon

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the board! I have same phone, though I am swapping it out for a 822 soon (see my thread) and was a heavy iPhone and BlackBerry user in the past. I really am enjoying wp8 and my HTC so far.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard nice to have you here! It's always nice when we gain friends from other forums. Any thing you need please ask us. Hope your enjoying the new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3