Oh hey oeps!

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

First of all my apologies :)! I just started posting out of the blue yesterday, because in a week or two I'll be a proud Lumia 620 owner! Didn't even bother to look at the introduction thread, haha.

I'm currently a galaxy s3 user, but.. I'm really..uh...satisfied with the Android phones anymore. My previous three phones were Android phones as well, and now I'm looking something simpler, because I just am not a power user anymore.

So hello from the Netherlands and I hope I can be as of much help as I possibly can! And of course stay as long as I can :).

Cheers!

Raduc78

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello, and welcome, as a passed Android user I can tell you the transition is not as bad as some might make you think. I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied with the friendliness of the OS. Hope you'll enjoy it.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My last 4 phones were Android (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X) and it's really a breath of fresh air coming to Windows Phone 8, in my opinion. Welcome, and glad to have you aboard!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome. I came over from the Evo and it's been nothing but positive for me. Curious to see what you have to say about the 620 since it's not available over here at the moment.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
When I get some time free from school and work, I'll also try to get into windows phone development. I'm studying software engineering and when I take a quick glance at developing for Windows phone, this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe make a very own calendar :)

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
When I get some time free from school and work, I'll also try to get into windows phone development. I'm studying software engineering and when I take a quick glance at developing for Windows phone, this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe make a very own calendar :)

If you know .NET, then you're in. I'd suggest some C# reading, or something. Then again, I LOVE C# myself. Any .NET language will do.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes yes I'm a .NET developer :)

Then it's really just down to learning a what API calls will give you what information (and remembering to add the permissions in the app.config file). If you're already a .NET dev, then you're already there. ;) SOURCE: I've written some apps for WP7.x (haven't had a chance to get to WP8).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre