Leaving iOS for Windows & the Lumia 920

WJFM100

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'll be getting the Lumia 920 soon and am looking forward to the change from the iPhone. I am kind of suprised to hear some folks have an issue with the screen getting scratched. After watching some You Tube videos it left the impression the glass face was almost indestructable. And after hearing about dust issues it seems like a good case should help cure that problem. I am interested in finding out how to record audio with the 920. After hearing the wonderful audio on videos from the 920, it would be a shame not to be able access this fine feature. And it sounds like the apps available to date for audio recording leave much to be desired. All in all I'm still ready to make the plunge into the Windows Phone world.....
John

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Its a great phone. Does alot of things really really well. Does not do something I wish it did, like certain apps (square??!?) but I love the experience this phone gives its user.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone without a case and haven't had any issues of dust or screen scratching. Where are you buying yours from? I paid the $100 with MS for insurance and there is no deductible. If anything happens they'll replace it with a new one. I usually don't get insurance but I figure over the course of 2 years it comes out to less than $5 a month.

WJFM100

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting the 920 from the AT&T store in town. Have you done any audio recording with your phone? I would like to use that feature seperate from video recording.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting the 920 from the AT&T store in town. Have you done any audio recording with your phone? I would like to use that feature seperate from video recording.

Here is a video I took at a concert at the Barclays center in Brooklyn. If the audio sounds like this in a large venue I'm sure it'll be good for your purposes. Please ignore my terrible attempts at singing...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6933DF8A33AA80A9!16057&authkey=!AMeMqEF6BbsOnys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3