Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sstockss

3 Posts
    hello, folks. i've had my 920 since about a month after lanch, but just got around to registering here. i'm pleased to say windows 8 is by far my favorite os so far.

tl;dr i've had them all

i sell phones for a living, and have had a ton of phones in my days. i went from the palm treo, to the diamond pro, to a blackberry bold, and then to the iphone 2g when it was released, and have purchased every new iphone since. i've tried a couple androids (s3, one-x), and even after running an unbranded rom on both, they both just lacked... something. i went to the iphone 5 on launch day, and was plagued with horrible battery life and a chincy feel compared to my beloved iphone 4. it felt like a step down from even the s3 in terms of build quality (which is saying wuite a bit, in my opinion). plus, i was forced into ios6, which is garbage. i had never tried windows before, but loved the feel of the demo unit our windows rep brought in. so then i bought a cyan 920 and sold my 5 soon after. but, i will have the z10 as my second phone very soon.

here's my hipstagram pic of my phone from my now extinct iphone:

a few things i've thought about changing will be posted up in the changes needed in windows 8 thread.. but i'm sure you can spot a glaring one from my above caption...

looking forward to learning from this community
    alaskanjackson likes this.
    Retired Moderator

3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard and glad you are enjoying it so far. Please add to the the Windows 8 thread, the more input the better. Plus it's always interesting to see what different people want added/changed to WP.

1,673 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,677 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard ⚓ great to have you here in the forums.
    Sent from my {Nokia 822} using Board Express.

HTC Trophy - Nokia Lumia 822 & 928
    Retired Moderator

2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    Welcome to WPCentral!
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.