Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By deano_42

Hi all

First up I want to say that I work for Nokia Music and was enticed to join the forum after viewing the "Nokia Music Mix":
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...music-mix.html

Jethro my buddy has already sign up and commented on the thread.

We contacted Dave Blake (Mod) to ensure this was ok before signing up, as we would really like to hear your comments and feedback. We are not here to "astroturf the place", but as passionate music lovers always seek feedback and improvements from our users.

Here is a quick vid of us in action at MWC:

Thanks
    deano

Global Posts
    32,949 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Hi deano and welcome to WPCentral!

I also like music a lot, but I haven't tried Nokia Music very much yet. I'll make sure I use the app more frequently and let you know how I like it. I'm using the free version at this time. I'm not sure I'll subscribe, since there are so many different free music streaming options that I don't know if I'd pay for any subscriptions.
    Welcome aboard deano_42 great to have you here. I haven't tried the app but will.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    If you've had clearance from Dave Blake then that's fine. Welcome aboard mate. I'll have to use Nokia Music some more, but I have an Xbox Music Pass too so yeah lol.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Been so unhappy with the Nokia apps so I haven't given Music a try. I do love music thou so maybe will give it a go. I'm a bit old school and like to micro manage my music listening, therefore slow to test streaming.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Love Nokia Music and it's great to see Nokia delivering Pandora like service in Europe. The kind of music services i personally would pay for rather than Spotify and the likes.

To me the biggest updates i would wanna see really revolve around at giving us the best tools possible to find new music we like. So improving the back-end (Pandora is still better at this imo) and maybe let thumbs up and thumbs down improve the algorithms to find more like the music i like.

Hi, Deano! Welcome to WPCentral! I'm happy with Nokia Music because it has great Latin American singers/composers like Silvio Rodríguez, Mercedes Sosa and Ruben Blades in its library. Truly great to listen to good music for free :D
    Thanked by:

Hi all
    Thanks for the warm welcome. All the comments that you wish to make i will take back to my product team for evaluation.
    I cannot comment of country deployment plans or impending feature improvements since we need to keep that internal until launch dates.
    I'm going to take around the forum and see where i can contribute.
    Thanks
    deano

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hey Deano, really enjoying Nokia music and glad to see you guys jumping in to chat with us about it. Is there a way to request artists be added to the service?
    Howdy and welcome! You will find much good info here.

I signed up for Nokia Music+ the day it came out and was disappointed. First, the one week trial expired after one day, so I was forced to buy to try, since I had only had a chance to listen to one song on it. Then, when I wanted a certain song, I couldn't get it without paying for it (was it $1.29, if I remember right?). On Xbox music pass, I can play a specific song without paying for it (though right now I'm on a free music pass).

So I canceled the auto renewal. I don't listen enough to bother paying normally, but I figured $3.99 was cheap enough to give it a try. After having to pay for a song, I haven't gone back.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Hi Rich

Sorry to hear that you have not had the best of experiences.

Feel free to email me directlt at demo-dean@ovi.com

Few notes from me hear:
    Not sure why your trial lasted for 1 day, please email me.
    Choice of songs - NM is a discovery experience, whereby you choose the genre and sub genre to listen and discover music to. The choose then listen is the Xbox/Spotify model. The page you ended up was the MP3 download, so if you find a song you can purchase it.

I would love you to give us a second chance.

Thanks
    deano

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Howdy and welcome! You will find much good info here.

I signed up for Nokia Music+ the day it came out and was disappointed. First, the one week trial expired after one day, so I was forced to buy to try, since I had only had a chance to listen to one song on it. Then, when I wanted a certain song, I couldn't get it without paying for it (was it $1.29, if I remember right?). On Xbox music pass, I can play a specific song without paying for it (though right now I'm on a free music pass).

So I canceled the auto renewal. I don't listen enough to bother paying normally, but I figured $3.99 was cheap enough to give it a try. After having to pay for a song, I haven't gone back.