After 3 days of solid research I've decided to give it ago

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi people, I have had an iphone since the 3G was launched way back in 2007 and am slowly getting bored of the same old iOS.

I have tried to move away before first trying android then trying WP7 but always got pulled back.

From the 3 solid days of research and reviews I've gone through its clear that WP8 is a massive improvement on 7 and looks to be going in the right direction and I have there for decided to jump on in and give it ago.

I have just ordered a yellow Nokia Lumia 920 on the EE network in the UK.

I have an xbox 360 and will be taking delivery of my new laptop with windows on Wednesday after getting rid of the MacBook so the phone should tie in nicely with what I have already.

I really hope that I can stick with this os and new phone as I need something new and fresh I really hope MS don't let me down.

So I say hello and hopefully will be sticking around for some time.

Chats :wink:

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I was a iPhone user from the start and gave up my iPhone 5 in favor of the Nokia 920. I am very happy with the Nokia. As long as it has the apps you must have it is a great choice.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Narse, nice to see another user who's been with iPhone for a while. I must admit I'm excited and nervous.. I think the fact that I can see the potential of wp8 helped me make the choice. But man... My head is screaming after all that reaserch.

What colour lumia have you got?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Good luck! I'm in the same process of trying to switch over everything too. Its frustrating in some parts for sure (Xbox music, uh..). But, the foundation for a great ecosystem is certainly there!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on Making the switch.. well the difference between WP7 and WP8 is you have the nokia input and features.. and they will continue to add features.. once WP8 matures it should be fine.. it is still an infant as it is a brand new OS. It can only get better.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, it's funny you say that rmichael when I had the iphone 3G iOS was also in its infancy thing is apple didn't have to compete back then with any other platform. Maybe that could be MS weapon in succeeding in having a great phone os.

Had a pc for years and the only reason I've gone back really was the fact that the MacBook didn't have enough power I needed for a few games I wanted. So I ended up buying an alienware m14x which will also be deliverd this week... Wow it's gonna be like Xmas for me :)

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Narse, nice to see another user who's been with iPhone for a while. I must admit I'm excited and nervous.. I think the fact that I can see the potential of wp8 helped me make the choice. But man... My head is screaming after all that reaserch.

What colour lumia have you got?

I went with the Red myself. Almost got the yellow one thought. The red was in stock though lol.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Cool, they didn't have the red so I went for the yellow hope I don't look too girlie with a yellow phone he he he

Last edited:

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think, being smartphone users, many of us are coming from iOS - myself included. I've pretty much only used iPhones and Windows Phones since the 3G came out. Congrats on making the jump! There is certainly a transition period but I believe that is closing a bit as Windows Phone hits it's stride, which it really seems to be lately.

I have a Red Lumia 920. Also, don't forget to look up the CC-1043 case for the Lumia 920. It's the official Nokia case and fits the phone wonderfully. There is a thread in the forums about it with a user who sells them, you can also find them at other sites.

Welcome and let us know if you have any questions!

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. Well I'm still waiting for my yellow beast hopefully it will turn up tomorrow (with my new alienware laptop too he he) but to pass the time I've been looking at some accessories and just bought a brodit proclip and phone holder for the car as ill be starting my new job further away from home next week and will need it for the sat nav to get there.

I'd love to get the wireless charger but its gonna have to wait as I've spent enough money this month.

Incidentally what is the sat nav like on the lumia, I've been using google maps on the iPhone.. How does it compare??

I will post my first impressions my lumia once I've recieved it.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm still waiting for it lol, I can't stand waiting.. I ordered a brodit proclip for the car and have fitted that while I've been waiting. Should be here soon though.. Man I'm excited he he

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte