Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Mike_K
  • 1 Post By gandhule
  • 1 Post By JerseySal

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself.

I've originally used many phones in the past. Particularly Blackberry, Androids and iPhones. My trouble with Blackberry was the quality, the OS was obsolete (to me), and even Blackberry 10 didn't do anything to "wow" me. With androids, while the specs are nice, I've always found myself dealing with bugs, atrocious battery life, slow updates (I was a big fan of Samsung Galaxy androids), and the fact that the phones are getting way too large for my liking. With iOS, it's okay at best in my opinion. I do still have my iPhone 5, but it's nothing exciting from the previous iPhones. That's when I came across Windows Phone 8.

I used to have an LG Optimus 7 a while back, but quickly got rid of it because at the time Windows Phone 7 was just released and had a lot of bugs and some key features I wanted at the time were missing.

I decided yesterday to finally jump aboard and give Windows Phone 8 a try, and purchased the HTC 8X (I got a good deal on a 16 GB Blue one). I set up all my accounts without issues (Gmail, facebook, Hotmail, etc). And wow, I'm loving it already. While it's missing some key apps that I use frequently (Banking apps mainly, maybe a couple games I'll miss), WP8 is really solid. I love how smooth it is, the battery life is great, and I think I'm finally ready to see where it takes me, even though I am still adjusting to the OS coming from my iPhone 5 and the Blackberry Z10, which I know is completely normal.

I look forward to becoming a bigger part of this community!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I was about to recommend Lumia 920 for you but it seems you need a phone with good battery so.... 8X is good for you :) welcome aboard...!

Glad to have you on board :). HTC 8X looks nice. I was thinking to get ot when my wife snatch my Lumia 920, but bought Lumia 620 instead. Anyway, enjoy the ride.
    jasqid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phing77 View Post
    I was about to recommend Lumia 920 for you but it seems you need a phone with good battery so.... 8X is good for you :) welcome aboard...!
    I was honestly thinking the Lumia 920 would be a nice phone, but it's a bit big for my liking, even though the extra storage and camera appealed to me. I haven't really read much on battery life in terms of the 920 though, but it's an option for a 2nd phone if I decide to sell the iPhone. The battery is amazing so far on my 8X though..12 hours with moderate use and I'm at 49% still. With my iPhone 5 I would barely make it 10 hours.
    Welcome aboard ⚓ great to have you here, I use a Nokia Lumia 822 and love it. What ever your choice good luck and welcome to WP central.

Welcome to the WP party. Whatever device you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy it
    Lumia 930 | Surface Pro 3 |

Global Posts
    2,809 Global Posts
    Welcome and it's sure good to hear from someone who appreciates WP8, instead of someone complaining "it can't do this" or "my iphone could do that." WP8 is not perfect, but has a lot of great features and functions. And the 8X is a great device.

Welcome aboard!

Sorry but I don't understand people like you. If you just got bored of Iphone 5 and barely released Z10 (which can still transform into something amazing) what guarantees that you won't be like "ok I have enough" in a month from now. This is what pisses me off, people barely knowing a platform and just jumping as they like, no this will not help any of them.
    Howdy! ��
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frugo View Post
    Sorry but I don't understand people like you. If you just got bored of Iphone 5 and barely released Z10 (which can still transform into something amazing) what guarantees that you won't be like "ok I have enough" in a month from now. This is what pisses me off, people barely knowing a platform and just jumping as they like, no this will not help any of them.
    Normal people don't depend on platforms as if it is a huge life changing moment with drastic consequenses. It's just a phone.
    ~Sal
    justop26 likes this.

I didn't want it to sound that negative, sorry. Welcome Mike ;) hope you'll stay ;)
    Thanked by:
    Welcome, Mike! I hope you continue to enjoy your 8X. I too am a first time WP user as I got my Lumia 810 in November, came from an iPhone 4 although all my phones beside that one have been Nokia. Once again, welcome! It's a very friendly and cool community here.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Such a joyful thing to read. Welcome on board!

Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Hi Mike and welcome to WPCentral.