It's about time.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been meaning to do this for a while, and haven't gotten around to it. So here's my story.

As you may or may not have guessed already, my name is Patrick. I go by both Patrick and Pat; call me either. I'm a 20-year-old UI/UX designer living in the U.S., more specifically in Seattle, Washington. I'm currently developing for Android, and I'm very active over at Android Central. I've done Windows platform development (mobile and desktop) on and off over the past year, but right now I'm more interested in Windows Phone and Windows 8 for personal phone and tablet use. I have a Lumia 920 and HTC 8X floating around, but they're shared development devices so I don't end up with much hands-on time with them unfortunately. :cry: Anyway, I hope to start posting around here actively alongside AC, so we'll see how it goes.

It's good to be here; I know a few will recognize me. :wink:

Pat

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the light side of the force! lol I look forward to the insight you can bring, in terms of your technical expertise and our competing platforms.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the light side of the force! lol I look forward to the insight you can bring, in terms of your technical expertise and our competing platforms.

Hay Pat, welcome aboard over here at WP central it's great you stop in and I look forward to seeing you're post.

Glad to see the Ambassador team is just as friendly over here as they are at AC. :wink:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I certainly recognized that name. Welcome Patrick! I had no idea you were so involved with developing. I can't wait to hear some of your thoughts on things WP. Good to see you here.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I certainly recognized that name. Welcome Patrick! I had no idea you were so involved with developing. I can't wait to hear some of your thoughts on things WP. Good to see you here.

I'm hoping to expand to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 by the end of 2013, but I don't know if I'll be able to make that happen. I have ongoing work with T-Mobile for their next 6 large Android phone launches, so it's taking most of my time. The warm welcome is appreciated. :smile:

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of your personal tech geeking!

I'm in a unique position as I more or less work for myself right now doing all sorts of development work. The hardest aspect of mobile development is that apps, services, websites, and startups don't pay out until after all the work is done and they're live. I'm at the point where things are about to start going public, which is exciting.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
welcome to Wpcentral man. Interested what Metro. (Cough.. I mean Modern UI) app you're gonna do. good times for you man to expand your developments :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, really looking forward to hearing more about your experience with WP8 and developing for it.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the future have a nice stay. :smile:

Also can I call you paddy? :angel:

Go for it. ;)

welcome to Wpcentral man. Interested what Metro. (Cough.. I mean Modern UI) app you're gonna do. good times for you man to expand your developments :)

Welcome to WPCentral, really looking forward to hearing more about your experience with WP8 and developing for it.

I'll definitely post up some details once I'm looking at Windows Phone development more intensely. Thanks again for the welcomes.

My time has been taken up over at AC, but once Google I/O is over and things settle down I should be able to pick up posting around here as well. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss