Thinking of switching from the nexus 7 to a Surface RT

Wreckus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi All.

I'm getting tired of Google and their reluctance to releasing google music in Canada, so I enrolled for Xbox Music All access. Also, I'm going to collect part time and they use PowerPoint presentations, so I figure a surface RT will be better to use than my 15 inch laptop to use in class for them. Also doesn't hurt that all my pcs are windows 8 & I got a 360 and soon the Xbox one (hooray for being single I guess).

Anyways, the only issue I may have is Books and Magazines. I only subscribe to PC gamer, Official Xbox Magazine, & Maximum PC. The only one I am planning to renew/move over is the Xbox Magazine.

Is there a way to get my google play magazines on the Surface RT?

one more thing, Will MS still support the Surface RT when they release the RT 2?

Thanks and looking forward of getting my surface RT.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. You could access Google Play for the magazines via IE10, but I don't really know how it works.

As for the support, expect Apple-level support with much more maintenance updates.

By the way...welcome!

Wreckus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'll try that when I get it (hopefully Saturday if they aren't sold out). If not, I'll just cancel them from Google Play and go with Zinio.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro, and I honestly think you can't go wrong with the RT if you are using it as a Tablet/netbook. I have thought about picking up an RT for the longer battery life :)

Wreckus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. Will be nice to use the smart glass with it when I get my xbox one. More I think about it, more it makes sense to get one. For now though, probably keep my nexus 7 for books only. Rest will be on the windows RT.

Wreckus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Got it today and installing the updates. Already It feels more inviting to use & play with than the nexus 7. Looking forward to using it more while I watch football on Sunday.

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been hoping to the same. Would love to replace my Nexus 7 with a Surface RT. Glad you're enjoying your device!

Wreckus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No, haven't yet. Think I'll wait until it official comes out unless there some features I may want now.

Anyways, Played around with it this morning and I have to say that I love it. It has a really good built-in RSS/news reader, speakers are much better than I thought, and it does a heck of a better job syncing my internet stuff such as passwords between devices than android ever did. Basically, it enables the user to do much more when you first use the device than stock android ever does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism