Windows Phone Newbie with question about battery display live tile

stripeyfox

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. My name is Alex and I'm in the UK.
Six months ago when my contract came up for renewal I was *this* close to getting a Windows phone but ultimately decided for a Samsung Galaxy SIII, as I had been on Android for some time. Last week I accidentally dropped said phone down the toilet and it was terminal. To cut a long story short, I now have a Lumia 625 and so far am loving it. The abcense of a SkyGo app is probably the biggest bane for me (especiallly with the Ashes coming up) but I can live without it.

One thing which is perplexing me is which battery monitor to use. I have tried a couple with the main aim of having a live tile with the battery percentage on the home screen. But each one I have tried so far displays the percentage but does not update it. For example, it will say 80% on the tile, but when you click into it, the battery will have depleted a bit - depending on how long it has been. Is there a way of it displaying "live" information? Which app do you recommend?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I like Battery Sense. I haven't used others so I can't compare, but the main thing I like about it is the 'Dynamic Tile' option. The tile changes color depending on the battery level. Considering the OS limitations, it keeps accurate track and doesn't seem to use much battery to run.

stripeyfox

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies guys; I'll give Battery Pro+ a try.
SkyGo would be brilliant. In my house, with two kids, it can be difficult to find a tv to sit and watch the football or cricket!

Been impressed with the phone and Windows so far. Haven't encountered any problems of note and the battery life seems to be a lot better than the S3!

And thanks Eric - I saw your reply afterwards. I'm not disregarding your suggestion - I'll take a look at that one too

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Battery Plus Pro is one of my favorites but I stopped using it because I get all day battery life out of my Nokia Lumia 920.

stripeyfox

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well exactly a year later and I'm in my final few hours with this phone. My new Android HTC One M8 is being delivered today so I shall be saying farewell to Windows Phone. It just wasn't for me I guess. I wanted to like it, I really did. In some respects, the phone was good. The camera excellent. Battery life started off great, but has declined recently. I just don't like the interface and nearly all the apps that are available seem to be less functional than their android counterparts. Maybe I was just too heavily invested in Android to make the switch a successful one.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Alex, you can pin the Battery Saver app itself to the start screen and get live battery status that way. Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos