Equalizer in Lumia 520

Karthik Sampath

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Today my phone showed a update on Audio.
In this update you can see Equalizer under Settings > Audio, after a update it won't show any equalizer. I don't know why?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not entirely sure how your question ended up in the introductions section but anyway.

I got the update on my L920 and the equalizer is still there. Have you powered down and powered back up your phone since you got the update?

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520 have hardware limitation. Then y the give a equalizer update in 520. After a black update many thing had been updated.
Actually Equalizer doesn't need any special hardware, and proof of this is that all old Nokia basic phones like Nokia 6300 etc, all xpress music phones, and even Asha phones have equalizer built-in. But the problem in L520 is that it's firmware is not built to work with equalizer. The only reason that why Nokia did this is to show variation over Lumia series. If L520 has all features like equalizer, Dolby-Headphone(previously called Stereo-Widening Effect on XpressMusic phones), all those who bought L620 or 720 might have bought 520 instead of them, and Nokia will get loss by releasing them, so Nokia showed variation in firmwares of 520, 620, 720 because all of them have same chipset(CPU), same RAM, and same sensors, difference is only in cameras, gorilla glass, anti-glare screen. As double-tap to wake not worked in amber, but worked in Black update, I hope after next firmware update, equalizer works for L520(probably windows phone 8.1 update in april).

Also.. Glance screen doesn't require any special hardware.. it is Nokia criteria to show variations of phones, and also Glance reduces battery life drastically, this is one of the reason that Nokia doesn't give Glance to 520 or 620 because those batteries are small.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also.. Glance screen doesn't require any special hardware.. it is Nokia criteria to show variations of phones, and also Glance reduces battery life drastically, this is one of the reason that Nokia doesn't give Glance to 520 or 620 because those batteries are small.

Yes it does.
Glance is a feature inherently dependent on hardware. It works best on AMOLED displays. Its less than great on LCD's yet Nokia worked to bring it to their devices.

There is enough differentiation without arbitrarily denying such a relatively minor feature.

The 620 has Glance.
The 520 and 625 do not. Coincidentally, they are the only ones without ClearBlack. Their screens are cheaper (relatively, they aren't necessarily low quality) and probably cannot support the low power requirements asked of them.

Also, battery capacity has nothing to do with it. The 620 got it. My sister's 521 has much better battery life than my 920. Now if the non-CB displays used an unacceptable amount of power, id bite.

All that is my thinking on this.

kszyhu

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Both L620 and 520 have the same audio codec - WCD9304 and Class-D Audio Amplifier with Gain Select - TPA2012. This hardware is used in many phones - Galaxy S4 for example. Don't say it's a hardware limitation, please. :straight:

Muhammad Ruhaan

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes you are absolutely right 👉 the only difference is the headphones 🎧 with it buy a sony,beats,JBL headphone and then hear the sound. The deep Bass you get will make your day & the sound quality will be phenomenal.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs