New to Windows phone.

newdroidcity

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a Lumia 928 from someone on Facebook. Updated it to 8.1. Love Cortana! Not using it as my daily driver just yet, still using my LG g2. The lack of apps makes it hard to switch completely. But I really like the OS. Any suggestions on apps and tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

AntiAB

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Well if you're into Social apps go check out Rudy Hyun ( I think I speed it correctly) in the all store he made alternatives for Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral. Good to see that you have given Windows Phone a try and you are liking it. Gradually you will get accustomed to it. There are several good apps available to download. What is your taste ?

newdroidcity

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I use a lot of Google Apps, another app called invoice2go. Like I said I really like the OS and Cortana is great.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I suggest these apps : Amazing Weather HD, INI Reader, Bookviser, OneReader PDF, Moliplayer Pro, AED, Peregrine and last but not least UC Browser.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I use a lot of Google Apps, another app called invoice2go. Like I said I really like the OS and Cortana is great.

MetroMail for Gmail (and others) unless the stock app works for you.
Metrotube/myTube for YouTube.

kasinjsh

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Chech integrated and preinstalled apps carefully first before You open store. Google account integrates fine and setting up mail, contacts and calendar is easy.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. Gmail, contacts and calendar works fine. No luck with Hangouts or YouTube. Although myTube and MetroTube work well.
Facebook Beta from MSFT is much better than Facebook App.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

newdroidcity

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I am a heavy google drive user with my two businesses. Is there an app that plays well with google drive? Or does anyone have any experience switching to onedrive? I've been swapping my sim out after work and using the 928. The more I use it the more I like it. Thanks for the fast replies.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am a heavy google drive user with my two businesses. Is there an app that plays well with google drive? Or does anyone have any experience switching to onedrive? I've been swapping my sim out after work and using the 928. The more I use it the more I like it. Thanks for the fast replies.

Cloudmesh. Works with multiple cloud services including google drive.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Use a little-known tool called Google Takeout to create a personal .ZIP drive of all existing data
Unzip the file on the proper device and simply drag and drop the contents into Microsoft OneDrive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett