New Windows user

Bowlegz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I wanted to stop in and say hi! I just picked up an HTC One M8 and so far I am pleased with it. I'm new to Windows Phone and am still trying to figure things out, so hopefully you guys can help me out. First question, what are some of the "must have" apps that I should be downloading?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hellooooo!
and welcome!

Well, if you had searched, there are some people who decided to ask about must-have apps as well.
Think you'll game? Halo: SA is quite nice, as well as other games, esp. by Gameloft. SongArc, etc.

I'll just toss some out that I have:
Adobe Reader
Files (by MS)
HERE Drive (and other HERE apps)
IM+ (Pro)
#1 Toolkit
Messenger (Facebook)
Moliplayer Pro
The MSN suite of apps (News, Money...)
myTube or Metrotube for youtube.
Office Lens
Opera Mini (beta though)
Reading List (great if you use other Windows 8.x computers or tablets)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Bowlegz, wlecome to WPCentral the most happening forum for Windows Phone. congrats on your new HTC One M8. Its a great phone to have. Some of the must have apps I would suggest are :

Whatsapp
WPCentral
Metrotube
IMDb
Moliplayer Pro
Facebook
Messenger (Facebook)
Weather
Adobe Reader
Bing Translator
CamScanner
UC Browser
Shazam
Nextgen Reader
OneDrive

(Just Search in the phone app store with the above names and you will find them)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile:
I would recommend chronos calendar app is great.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely recommend the MSN suite of apps, afterwards if you have the accompanying devices:
Fitbit
Runtastic
Authenticator (MS app)
CC Player (for flv files)
Facebook Beta
Gym Pocket Guide
Lockmix
Music Drop
Office Lens
Preview for Developers
Start Perfect/ Transparency Tiles
Uc Browser
Vivino Wine Scanner (if you are into wine)
WPCentral app
Xbox Smart Glass (for metadata on media)

Anand Rangaraj

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Greetings!

I mentioned Apps Which is i am Using. I believe it is fulfill your expectation!!!!!

1. Camera 360
2. Battery saver
3. Whats app
4. Hike messenger
5. Remote desktop
6. Facebook
7. Messenger (face book)
8. One drive
9. Lumia Story teller
10. App Folder
11. Dictionary
12. Skype
13. myAppfree
14. You tube
15. Office Lense
16. Wp central
17. Preview for Developer
18.Run Wlak Tracker
19. Adobe reader
20. Converge
21. Near Now
22. Authenticator

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome. Great to have you here. Most of the apps seem to have been covered already. I personally like Weave, ProShot and Insider Pro.Use those apps quite a bit

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I wanted to stop in and say hi! I just picked up an HTC One M8 and so far I am pleased with it. I'm new to Windows Phone and am still trying to figure things out, so hopefully you guys can help me out. First question, what are some of the "must have" apps that I should be downloading?

I am in the exact same situation.. LOVE the M8 and now want ot go ALL windows... do I get the SP3 or SP2??? next big question....

littlegreenbob

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums

As a developer I like meeting people with Windows Phones hungry for apps and games. Hopefully I can entice you to downloading one of mine ;)

Hope to see you around

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am in the exact same situation.. LOVE the M8 and now want ot go ALL windows... do I get the SP3 or SP2??? next big question....

The Surface Pro 3 and 2 are similar (i5 models at least, perhaps identical) in performance and longevity.

Its a matter of design and form factor. Pro 3 is larger, more advanced kickstand, silver finish. The Pro 2 is dark grey, more rectangular, smaller and stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo