New to Windows Phone

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
My name is Derek and I recently bought a Nokia 635 and I absolutely love it. I previously had an iPhone 4, tried an HTC windows phone (I think 7, but i felt it just wasn't ready), I then had an iPhone 5c, and then a Samsung galaxy S4. Then recently our mall opened up a Microsoft store and I was reintroduced to Windows phone 8. I have to say, I think windows phone has improved tremendously and I love how much it integrates with my laptop, surface, Xbox, OneDrive,and everything else Microsoft related. I'm a junior IT admin and I'm amazed that more people arnt using this great phone OS. I'm planning on buying the Lumia 640 as soon as it releases. Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. My gamer tag is Derekuuda.

Vinit Pratap

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello Derek, welcome to Windows Phone family good to see you are liking the ecosystem. You can interact with other members here if you get any issues with your phone or just for fun.
:smile:

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WP :) It's always nice to see more and more people get more open minded and give WP a shot. They are great phones, optimized best should i say :)

Welcome

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Derek, glad you found the place. Sounds like you are already invested in the ecosystem so this place is a natural fit.

News, discussion and even some laughs. We got ya covered.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard Derek, Great to hear your enjoying your new 635 and the window os has changed alot and still every day. I also stated out with a HTC trophy which was a great little phone. Good luck.

Tess Stinson

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I am also new to Windows phones, 8.1, and it certainly is a bold new world having just left android. Now, if only I can figure out some of the simpler features, I'll be thrilled. Like, where are files stored on this phone? At any rate, I'm never going android again. That much I can tell. Grateful this forum exists.

Tess

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I am also new to Windows phones, 8.1, and it certainly is a bold new world having just left android. Now, if only I can figure out some of the simpler features, I'll be thrilled. Like, where are files stored on this phone? At any rate, I'm never going android again. That much I can tell. Grateful this forum exists.

Tess

Welcome to the family :)

You can download "Files" app by Microsoft to browse your files.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the community Derek. Glad you're enjoying the 635. It is a really nice and capable phone. My daily driver is a Lumia 830. I also have a 635 as a backup and I like it so much that I've been using for about a week now.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
My name is Derek and I recently bought a Nokia 635 and I absolutely love it. I previously had an iPhone 4, tried an HTC windows phone (I think 7, but i felt it just wasn't ready), I then had an iPhone 5c, and then a Samsung galaxy S4. Then recently our mall opened up a Microsoft store and I was reintroduced to Windows phone 8. I have to say, I think windows phone has improved tremendously and I love how much it integrates with my laptop, surface, Xbox, OneDrive,and everything else Microsoft related. I'm a junior IT admin and I'm amazed that more people arnt using this great phone OS. I'm planning on buying the Lumia 640 as soon as it releases. Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. My gamer tag is Derekuuda.

Hello! It's a good time to Get a Windows Phone, with Windows 8.1 update 2 coming and Windows 10 coming :)
May I suggest that you check out "Rudy Huyn" on the Windows Phone Store? He makes the best apps available to us! Also, if you see an app you like, search on Bing. You'll be able to redeem your credits for actual Windows Store money + other cards. If you want to develop apps like me and many other people, Try Visual Studio or Windows App Studio.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! This is a great community of WP enthusiasts! Enjoy your 635 and if you are a bit adventurous then you can also run Win10 via Technical Preview using the Windows Insider app!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Derek, welcome back to the WP family :D the integration Microsoft products will only get better with Windows 10, so prepare to be amazed even more :D but I'm guessing you already knew that

Last edited:

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. And to those talking about the Windows 10 preview, I did try it for about a day on my 635, but it's much too buggy at this point.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Used the files app but I'm looking for one where you open the app and see all your folders rather than having to click "search"
And way off topic I can't seem to send a voice note with WhatsApp. I can see the mic icon press and hold record release but nothing pops up I the chat. Was working before. Scoured google for an answer but no luck...any suggestions?

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Used the files app but I'm looking for one where you open the app and see all your folders rather than having to click "search"
And way off topic I can't seem to send a voice note with WhatsApp. I can see the mic icon press and hold record release but nothing pops up I the chat. Was working before. Scoured google for an answer but no luck...any suggestions?

You can view the folders with Files. Tap on phone, you see files on you phone. Tap on SD card, you see files on your SD card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills