Hi from Lumia 930, 635 and Surface pro 3 owner

moonsurface

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, new here.

I used to be an Android lover,but got a bit distrustful of their privacy and also fed up with how fragmented the OS was. I bought a Lumia 635 to try out windowsphone 8.1 and I liked it so I bought a Lumia 930 last September. I haven't felt tempted to go back to Android, even though the lack of some official and popular apps in the app store does annoy me sometimes.

Very few probems (a couple but I'll ask elsewhere) and I love how slick the Windows OS is, my Lumia 930 shutsdown and starts right back up in half the time it took my Nexus 4 to start up.

Also love my SP3 as well, best, most versatile computer I ever bought.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Moon, (that did sound weirdly cool in my head), welcome to the forums. From what I can see you have all the best devices; 930, 635 and SP3. You might be the envy of the town lol.. Hope you enjoy your time here :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the board...

That's quite the device linup. One of the budget Lumias is what snared me back in the summer of '13 so I know exactly how it happens. I just took delivery on my 5th Windows phone and currently own 3 different models.

My 1520 has such a nice 6" screen I gave up my 8" Windows tab... I may need a large screen tab soon though. Gotta scratch that itch.

Have fun. See ya around the forums.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central. I have owned the 930. Currently own the 635, 925 and just bought a 830. I have also owned lots of Android devices. WP is a very smooth OS and for my particular use case I have all the apps I need/want.

moonsurface

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Yep I'm pretty happy with my tech, the 930 is a really lovely device, hardware wise my only fault with it is the position of the power button with coincides just right with the clip I used to hold it in my car... grr! lol Software wise well of course there's always room for improvement but I like it and I'm absolutley loving Cortana, I compared it to Siri on my husband's ipad air 2 and it blows Siri away, much more personable and fun and the voice recognition is amazing. Can't wait to get Cortana on my SP3 as well.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Don't count Siri out just yet.. Things are brewing and she might be getting ready to put up one hell of a fight... The future is here lol

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Glad to have you here, moonsurface! It's nice to know that you're enjoying your experience with Windows so far. As for the missing apps... well, Windows 10 is coming soon and we all might be in for a surprise.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs