Live and die by WP

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

my name is Rosta and right now I'm desperately trying to find me a new phone. In my time I had Motorola Backflip (really cool design, really aweful phone) and Samsung U900 which is probably the best phone I have ever had! Not only it was masterpiece but it also led me to Samsung Omnia W with WP that I still cherish to these days. Unfortunately you can't slow the time so I'm in need of a new piece.

Since then Blackberry Z10 landed on my desk and even though I truly believe it's a good phone with really good OS, it showed me how much I got used to WP. I kind of miss Windows Phone which is why I'm currently choosing between Lumia 830 and 930. I really like the design of WP, the easy usage and the ecosystem as whole. I'm really curious if I'll be ever able to switch to other OS without the need to:grin:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That is a tough choice, I would say go into a store and check them both out.

As they are both stellar devices however if you really can not live with out the Micro Sd card slot and not really fussed about 4k recording then get the 830. It would do everything you need and still take decent images as you do get rich capture with Lumia camera 5.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 930 is very nice, but that screen is also very power hungry and reports are the battery life is bleh.

I do like the looks and reports on the 830 and think it is worthwhile.

Sounds like you are a person who hangs onto a phone for quite some time before moving on. Have you looked at 1520? If you can work with a 6" screen it may be just the ticket. As powerful as the 930, but answers all the shortcomings as well...

Oh, Welcome to the board!!!

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Have you looked at 1520? If you can work with a 6" screen it may be just the ticket. As powerful as the 930, but answers all the shortcomings as well...

I have. But 6 inches is too much for me. I'm a person that is used to carrying the phone in a pocket which is quite hard even with 5" devices. But after reading through few threads in here I came to conclusion that it might not be bad to wait for W10 phones. Until then I guess I'd settle for Lumia 925 maybe 730 which are really cheap in my country so it won't hurt that much when I replace them in a year or so.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how you felt about waiting for dedicated Windows 10 hardware... That might be the smartest route.

A 925 is a dynamite device in the all-around. I think one of those may offer you more than enough to scratch your Windows Phone itch and get you ready for more. I loved mine and always say it is the absolute best low-light-no-flash camera I've ever used.

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
A 925 is a dynamite device in the all-around. I think one of those may offer you more than enough to scratch your Windows Phone itch and get you ready for more. I loved mine and always say it is the absolute best low-light-no-flash camera I've ever used.

Yeah, well the only thing that kinda bolthers me is the HW in 925. Afterall, that phone is almost two years old and I'm not sure it's gonna be as swift as newer ones. But so far everyone is telling me that it's still an awesome device. So I guess it should be okay :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, well the only thing that kinda bolthers me is the HW in 925. Afterall, that phone is almost two years old and I'm not sure it's gonna be as swift as newer ones. But so far everyone is telling me that it's still an awesome device. So I guess it should be okay :)

Welcome to WC!
And the 925 is still as fast as it was back in 2013 when I first got it. You will not be disappointed.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Rost :) welcome :) Tbh even the 635 is a phenomenal device! My point is, it doesn't matter if the phone is two years old, it will still perform smoothly. That's the beauty of this platform :) I've used the 925 and loved it

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, r0st4!

Have you decided? :cool:

Well, not yet. After reading through several threads around the web I came to conclusion that Lumia 930 is kind of "hit or miss" device :eek:/ So, Lumia 830 seemed like perfect phone for me but then came Microsoft and announced many awesome things :D So right now I'm seriously tempted to go with Lumia 925 (or stick to my Blackberry Z10) and wait for autumn when should be available new devices. Personally, I'd very much like having Xiaomi Mi4 with Windows Phone :) Xiaomi Mi4 is one of the best looking phones out there imho and with WP it'd be a must-buy for me :D

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice to know that you've done a bit of research before jumping straight in.:cool:

The Xiaomi Mi4 looks sleek but it does remind me of a certain product of a fruit-based-named company.:devil: But there's one more possible concern: firmware updates.

Well, it would definitely be wise to wait at least until Microsoft announces either the first batch or the second batch of phones after Windows 10... at the very least you'll have more choices by then, too.:angel:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned - if you could get something like a 925 for cheap, it will be plenty fast enough, and the camera is *still* very good. Any of the 920/925/928 lineup are good phones.

RomilHirani

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep, using the 925 since a year and the updates have not slowed it down. Camera is phenomenal. However, battery life is just not as good as the newer Lumias that come with 8.1 pre -loaded, especially those with quad core chips. I'd suggest getting a 730 in the interim instead. Its got most of what the 925 offered a couple of years back with the added advantage of awesome battery life. Basically it could keep serving you even as a secondary device, once you get a W10 flagship. Of course, it can't beat the 925 on looks though.

IMG-20150321-WA0002 (2).jpg

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd suggest getting a 730 in the interim instead. Its got most of what the 925 offered a couple of years back with the added advantage of awesome battery life. Basically it could keep serving you even as a secondary device, once you get a W10 flagship. Of course, it can't beat the 925 on looks though.

Well, that's the thing. I can't just buy any phone. Even if it had the best hardware ever, if I did not like it at first sight I couldn't buy it. And even though L730 is not the worst looking phone, it doesn't speak to me. If you know what I mean :) L925 on the other hand is beautiful!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99