greetings, moving over from BlackBerry

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm a new WP user. A long time BlackBerry user, I've picked up a L920 to see how I like the WP platform.

So far I've been pleasantly surprised with WP, hoping I can get all the wrinkles ironed out, and also that there will be a flagship device come out for AT&T this year.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! The 920 is still a very relevant device. But hopefully there will be some better ones later this year!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows and to Windows Central!

How long have you been using your Lumia 920? The L920 has been around for some time now, yet we're glad with your positive experience with it. But if you were surprised by the a-bit-old L920, just wait until Microsoft announced their next set of phones... and possibly even a flag ship on top of it all! Hopefully the announcement will be soon. :cool:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Never used Blackberry, but I have a 920 and love it. Such a robust device, with a build quality that keeps me happy.

The wireless charging is great. The OS is lovely to use, I much prefer it to Android and Apple.

Hope you enjoy your move.

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central! The 920 is still a very relevant device. But hopefully there will be some better ones later this year!

Thx, I almost went for the 1520, but wasn't quite sure I wanted such a large device. This 920, at slightly larger than my Z10 is the largest phone of mine to date (minus an early Nextel).

I like the shape, I think it lends to a great feel in my hand for the size and weight of the device. Currently treating it like glass, fearful of its first drop as I decide what case to pick up for it....

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Windows and to Windows Central!

How long have you been using your Lumia 920? The L920 has been around for some time now, yet we're glad with your positive experience with it. But if you were surprised by the a-bit-old L920, just wait until Microsoft announced their next set of phones... and possibly even a flag ship on top of it all! Hopefully the announcement will be soon. :cool:

I'm just a weekend into using my 920. So I'm still getting a feel for things

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Never used Blackberry, but I have a 920 and love it. Such a robust device, with a build quality that keeps me happy.

The wireless charging is great. The OS is lovely to use, I much prefer it to Android and Apple.

Hope you enjoy your move.

I've been a long time die hard BlackBerry user. I really just wanted to try something new, and so far I'm enjoying the experience!

To be honest, I love how well the weather channel app works on WP. A simple pleasure probably, but was easily the most irritating thing about my Z10.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been a long time die hard BlackBerry user. I really just wanted to try something new, and so far I'm enjoying the experience!

To be honest, I love how well the weather channel app works on WP. A simple pleasure probably, but was easily the most irritating thing about my Z10.
I use the MET Office app. Kind of handy, although I seldom worry about the weather. I only use it if I know I am doing something a few days in advance. Living in UK, I tend to know the temperatures are not gonna be too different from one day to the next.

In terms of cases, I bought the official Nokia one, CC3005 (or something like that). The case fits well, but has 1 issue, it has left my phone housing with a really weird mottled effect. Which I. Am not happy about. My screen is in freakishly good condition considering the age, had a screen protector on for the first week, but it was a cheapo one, kept coming up at the edges.

Check out the glance feature, I know many love it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey Six, welcome to our side of the world :D gpobernardo is right, if the 920 is still good, just imagine what MS will deliver next!

If you get a chance, perhaps if you're near a store, then you should give the 1520 a try..

Many were afraid, but after taking the plunge, they found it hard to leave

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Aboard!!
Hope you like your Lumia.
Don't hesitate to ask for any problems you might have.

Here are some apps you might find useful (though coming from BB, I'm sure you are not an appmaniac)
1. Readit (Reddit client)
2. Poki (Pocket client)
3. myTube! or Tubecast (YouTube client)
4. Nextgen Reader (feedly client)
5. 6tag (Instagram client)
6. 6tin (Tinder client)
7. Noiz (Soundcloud client)
8. Tweetium or Aeries (Twitter client)
9. Perfect Music and Audiotica (Music Players)
10. Moliplayer Pro (Video Player)

Enjoy. 😊

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for a 1520 in stores, but couldn't find one. It's maybe the biggest reason I didn't buy it, I just didn't get a change to handle one in person

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I use the MET Office app. Kind of handy, although I seldom worry about the weather. I only use it if I know I am doing something a few days in advance. Living in UK, I tend to know the temperatures are not gonna be too different from one day to the next.

In terms of cases, I bought the official Nokia one, CC3005 (or something like that). The case fits well, but has 1 issue, it has left my phone housing with a really weird mottled effect. Which I. Am not happy about. My screen is in freakishly good condition considering the age, had a screen protector on for the first week, but it was a cheapo one, kept coming up at the edges.

Check out the glance feature, I know many love it.

I'm pretty intent on keeping up with the weather. I train (for bike racing) daily outdoors, so keeping an eye on the weather, if for no other reason than to know what to wear is a regular practice for me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For Weather I now rely on a one-two punch.

Amazing Weather HD yields an informative and worthwhile Live Tile in largest size and lets me store alternate locations worldwide with ease.

NOAA Radar gives me a great location based Live Tile (medium & pinned next to AW HD) along with the ability to store locations as easy to spot pins on the map. Drawback - NOAA is only US of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo