Hello!

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, gals and guys! :smile:

My name is Toni, I'm from Croatia and as of recently I'm a proud owner of a black Lumia 640DS. :smile:

The threads on this forum and the articles on the website have been very helpful in making the transition from android less stressful for me. So I'm sticking around to learn more new stuff and perhaps give something back. If nothing else, then by suggestions and constant nagging about features that I would like to see in the WP in the future. :excited:

Looking forward to new WP adventures!

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, gals and guys! :smile:

My name is Toni, I'm from Croatia and as of recently I'm a proud owner of a black Lumia 640DS. :smile:

The threads on this forum and the articles on the website have been very helpful in making the transition from android less stressful for me. So I'm sticking around to learn more new stuff and perhaps give something back. If nothing else, then by suggestions and constant nagging about features that I would like to see in the WP in the future. :excited:

Looking forward to new WP adventures!

Hello, and welcome!

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Toni! Welcome to Windows Central!

How are you enjoying your L640 DS so far? We've got a dedicated forum for your phone model, make sure to check it out, too. :cool:

The phone is wonderful. Especially after three years of using Xperia mini. :smile: And the WP interface is just fantastic. I am however missing some android apps. But I guess you can't have everything...
I'll try to contribute to the 640 forum by adding a review to the User reviews thread.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The phone is wonderful. Especially after three years of using Xperia mini. :smile: And the WP interface is just fantastic. I am however missing some android apps. But I guess you can't have everything...
I'll try to contribute to the 640 forum by adding a review to the User reviews thread.

Splendid!

Yeah, one can only have so much apps. Despite the alleged "app gap", would you believe I was able to install around 80+ apps in my L1020 altogether, and I've downloaded and tried exactly 1012 apps (since Windows Phone 8)? :cool:

See you around the fora, then. :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Toni and welcome to WindowsCentral.

What apps did you have for Android that you are missing? There might be 3rd-party alternatives available for Windows Phone. Please let us know.

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Toni and welcome to WindowsCentral.

What apps did you have for Android that you are missing? There might be 3rd-party alternatives available for Windows Phone. Please let us know.

Hi, Laura! And thank you for asking. :smile:

Well there are two apps that I really miss on WP:

1. NoLED - a wonderful little app and a real lifesaver on a smartphone (android) with no signal LED. Yeah, glance is fine, but it lacks the crucial setting (for me personally the only absolutely necessary function of these type of apps/system built in features) - glance, at least to my knowledge, cannot be set that it only displays notifications (ok, the clock is fine too) when notification occur and keeps displaying them until the user acknowledges that he/she has understood/read them. If no new notifications - keep the screen off.
NoLED has far more customizable options (choosing a constant displaying or blinking in a specified rhythm, size, color and a shape of notification icons, brightness/dimming of the display etc.), but I would be happy with just the "display until I read them" option. I realize that I could keep glance always on - but that doesn't help battery life (5" IPS takes it's toll). And waving in front of the phone or constantly checking the phone isn't very elegant. :smile:

2. SwiftKey - while I don't mind the built in keyboard not having the prediction option for Croatian language, as I don't use prediction that much (except for laughs), but I really do miss the option to set keyboard to vibrate on each pressing of the key.

Sorry for the long post. :sweaty:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Laura! And thank you for asking. :smile:

Well there are two apps that I really miss on WP:

1. NoLED - a wonderful little app and a real lifesaver on a smartphone (android) with no signal LED. Yeah, glance is fine, but it lacks the crucial setting (for me personally the only absolutely necessary function of these type of apps/system built in features) - glance, at least to my knowledge, cannot be set that it only displays notifications (ok, the clock is fine too) when notification occur and keeps displaying them until the user acknowledges that he/she has understood/read them. If no new notifications - keep the screen off.
NoLED has far more customizable options (choosing a constant displaying or blinking in a specified rhythm, size, color and a shape of notification icons, brightness/dimming of the display etc.), but I would be happy with just the "display until I read them" option. I realize that I could keep glance always on - but that doesn't help battery life (5" IPS takes it's toll). And waving in front of the phone or constantly checking the phone isn't very elegant. :smile:

2. SwiftKey - while I don't mind the built in keyboard not having the prediction option for Croatian language, as I don't use prediction that much (except for laughs), but I really do miss the option to set keyboard to vibrate on each pressing of the key.

Sorry for the long post. :sweaty:

Welcome to the boards, Toni!

I think that you've specified to areas that Windows Phone really doesn't have a great answer to. There aren't any Lumia's that have an LED notification light. However, there are rumors that future models might. Glance does do a good job with notifications. A lot of people say that once they get the hang of glance, they find it to be more helpful, and less intrusive, than the LED notification setup.

The vibrating keys is something that Windows Phone has never had. Some people like that tactile response. So maybe they will add in the future? Who knows...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes