Hello?!

JLoToday

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Heya, I own a Lumia 640 from the UK and i have been on this forum before I got the phone, I loving this community so much better than the rest, and i thought I'd join when Windows 10 launch, their are so many members online,

Updating on my computer and it was in the final installing where it reboots and tells you to relax until my computer died of battery, I'm doing it all again ;(

When would I get the Windows 10 update on my phone in September or October? Or I that a rumour, also will the MSL640 get windows 10??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome.

Yep updating is hard on battery. I told my wife to plug in when she started the 10 upgrade. She said she had 100% battery. I said plug in and she did.

Win 10 Mo is not specified which month, but this fall so before the Winter Solstice.

640, as one of the newest has a great chance of not only getting 10, but getting it in the first wave. Are you Factory Unlocked. That makes it even more sure.

You are coming in at a great time. Have fun!!!

JLoToday

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Welcome.

Yep updating is hard on battery. I told my wife to plug in when she started the 10 upgrade. She said she had 100% battery. I said plug in and she did.

Win 10 Mo is not specified which month, but this fall so before the Winter Solstice.

640, as one of the newest has a great chance of not only getting 10, but getting it in the first wave. Are you Factory Unlocked. That makes it even more sure.

You are coming in at a great time. Have fun!!!
Yeah I am factory unlocked,done it again and update failed with a code of windowsupdate_c1900101 or windowsupdate_dt000

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
is their any point because its failed 2 times not on 95% on the last installation

Ello JLO (feeling starstruck xd) perhaps downloading the .iso manually at some point, placing it on a usb and booting up from there might help.

welcome to the forums :)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Windows Central!

For your Windows 10 installation, you can try the "Download tool" and create a USB or DVD to install from. It might make the install go a little smoother, having it on external media.

Windows 10

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
See the blue bit of text under the explanation Ed gave? click on it and it will take you to another webpage :) the instructions are right there as well :)

JLoToday

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
See the blue bit of text under the explanation Ed gave? click on it and it will take you to another webpage :) the instructions are right there as well :)

But, why do I need to do that when the update for win10 is provided by Microsoft its their fault it doesn't work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb