Hello everyone! Just jumped on the Windows 8.1 bus, come and say hello!!

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is Michael as you can guess by the username. I'm a fan of WP, used to have a Nokia Lumia 610 with 7.8 before I gave it up for the beautiful Lumia 640 Orange. I'm currently working as a Security Officer/Guard but the job I'm aiming for is Accountant. The land I hail from is England but has pretty much lost its summer vibe at the moment. Big fan of gaming, I do have a PS Vita, PS3, N3DS and a decent spec PC.

I'll try my best to uphold the standards of this wonderful community and show other lost WP users the way to Windows Central.

One last thing I need to say: WINDOWS PHONE BE PRAISED!!!!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Michael! Lumia 640 is a nice device, I hope you will like it!

If you ever have any questions or (hopefully not!) run into a problem with your device, don't hesitate to ask for help in appropriate forum section! :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Michael, welcome to Windows Central! The Lumia 640 is a great device. I only have a black back for my 640, it would be nice to see a picture of the orange back:)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new phone! With Windows 10 mobile coming soon, you have lots to look forward to...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on your 640. After years of suffering with an iPhone at work and repeated requests for an upgrade, I bought a 640 and submitted the receipt for reimbursement. If you want something done, ya gotta do it y'self.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome! Congratulations on the new 640! I myself went from a Windows Mobile 5 device from 2005/2006 to a Lumia 520, and a few months later a 635. I may go for the 640, but I'm waiting to see what comes out in the next few months first. At least your shock wasn't as vast as my upgrade, but still quite a leap forward. I still haven't met anyone that made the leap I did after owning the same phone for 8 years. :D

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! Congratulations on the new 640! I myself went from a Windows Mobile 5 device from 2005/2006 to a Lumia 520, and a few months later a 635. I may go for the 640, but I'm waiting to see what comes out in the next few months first. At least your shock wasn't as vast as my upgrade, but still quite a leap forward. I still haven't met anyone that made the leap I did after owning the same phone for 8 years. :D

you are a person who proves Steven Elop strategy with nokia made sense.

I too jumped from 800, to 720, to 920, to 930 and a 630, and i am sure going for the 950 XL as soon as it is available.

Last edited:

DaKine 73

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the Windows World. I hope you'll find yourself at home here on Windows Central. Windows phones are for special people like us. It separate us from the herds of apple and droid. I too come from a line of windows mobile history, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8.1, and now 10 insider preview. My latest gizmo is a Lumia 1520, a superb machine.
Do not get discouraged by comments from the haters on the web. The Windows Mobile community is strong and Microsoft is now listening to us, the people, the users, the techs, the geeks, and even the corporate elites. It can only get better... Once again welcome!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I too come from a line of windows mobile history, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8.1, and now 10 insider preview

You sir, have my respect xd

Do not get discouraged by comments from the haters on the web. The Windows Mobile community is strong and Microsoft is now listening to us, the people, the users, the techs, the geeks, and even the corporate elites. It can only get better

By the end of next year we'll know for sure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital