Greetings Humans

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
How ya doing? I'm Static, pleased to meet ya. Yea, silly title is silly. I like silly.

I'm a IT professional with Windows Insider Status and a few Microsoft Certs for Win7. I also do Mac stuff, and have an Android phone. Yea, I'm all over the place ya? I'm now learning programming with Python is my first language of choice, going to be following that up with C++, Swift, Java,, and LUA for mobile and desktop game development.

I also love all things Anime, Transhumanism, and Cyberpunk. I think Virtual/Augmented Reality will be the future of computing, but not sure that the general public is ready to embrace such things. Microsoft's HoloLens looks pretty awesome for example, but how many standard users are gonna want to put that contraption on their face? I'm guessing not many. Innovega's iOptik looks more like something people will use when it can be combined with corrective vision. I'm also married with a 4 month old son. My wife is also a tech person like myself, so I'm quite fortunate in that regard.

Anyways, as a Transhumanist I often get asked a lot of questions regarding it, so ask away if you like.

H+

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
A hearty welcome from earth!
I would like to move away from this planet and find peace in weird alien place.
There's too many humans residing in this place now...

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
A hearty welcome from earth!
I would like to move away from this planet and find peace in weird alien place.
There's too many humans residing in this place now...

Remember, the grass is always greener... or in this case possibly pink or purple, but you know what I mean.

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Fluidic space might be an option also...

Dunno why, I mean you'll always have to hold your breath, and I've heard there is a alien species there kinda bent on destroying all life and all that jazz. But different strokes for different folks I suppose...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Static. I'm probably your nemesis, seeing as how you're a transhuman and I'm a codger.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
That isn't a reason for being an arch-nemesis. I think the Amish are though....

To be fair, I did say "nemesis," not arch-nemesis. ;) I could probably live just fine in an Amish community with the one exception of I prefer to live in air-conditioning. I guess I'm just spoiled.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I gotta ask, Static. As a transhuman, since I know the basics of the philosophy, do you side with the Borg? I mean, you're not going to contact the queen to have us all assimilated, right?

Sorry. Don't know what got me thinking along that train of thought. Ignore me. I guess I'm just a nuisance instead of a nemesis. ;)

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry, I gotta ask, Static. As a transhuman, since I know the basics of the philosophy, do you side with the Borg? I mean, you're not going to contact the queen to have us all assimilated, right?

Sorry. Don't know what got me thinking along that train of thought. Ignore me. I guess I'm just a nuisance instead of a nemesis. ;)

I suppose I should have said I was a libertarian transhumanist. Basicly this means you can do whatever you want when it comes to augmentations. I would never want to force you to do something you wouldn't want to do, nor tell you what augmentations you should use. It's your choice. Don't want to augment yourself, that's OK to! Your choice sir.

The Borg are a Cancer that should be destroyed. That crap doesn't fly with me.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello @StaticXCC and welcome to Windows Central! I was going to start with Python as my first programming language but then I got an interest in C and C++, which I find easy to learn. You may or may not (depending on how you learn) have a difficult time transitioning from Python to C++, but I know you'll be able to do it easily with enough dedication. I also agree with you that virtual reality will be the future of computing, and that the public is not ready to put the Hololens or really any new technology on their face, since it's a big change to them, some people barely know how to use cellphones, lol. I would say that for now only tech people or some sort of business would buy Microsoft's Hololens. Lastly, I hope you have a good time here at WC and teach the community a thing or two about what a IT pro with Microsoft Certs can do!

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I could probably live just fine in an Amish community with the one exception of I prefer to live in air-conditioning. I guess I'm just spoiled.

A senior ambassador in the Windows Central forum, whom is probably using a computer millions of times more powerful than what was used to put the first humans on the moon, same power argument which the smartphone I assume he uses, whom loves his AC, and also throughout his life has probably been using increasingly modern and advanced medical technology, which in all reality has probably helped extend his life.... thinks he could fit in with the Amish?

fnt74.jpg

Hello @StaticXCC and welcome to Windows Central! I was going to start with Python as my first programming language but then I got an interest in C and C++, which I find easy to learn. You may or may not (depending on how you learn) have a difficult time transitioning from Python to C++, but I know you'll be able to do it easily with enough dedication. I also agree with you that virtual reality will be the future of computing, and that the public is not ready to put the Hololens or really any new technology on their face, since it's a big change to them, some people barely know how to use cellphones, lol. I would say that for now only tech people or some sort of business would buy Microsoft's Hololens. Lastly, I hope you have a good time here at WC and teach the community a thing or two about what a IT pro with Microsoft Certs can do!

Funny fact, in high school I took a semester of C++, and I ended up quitting it because my instructor (who I later found out was a bad instructor) told me I couldn't hack it as a programmer. Found out later he didn't know how to program and was just copying from the book, not even realize that the programs I was handing in were more efficient and an improvement on his examples. I got a C in that semester. To bad I took that advice to heart only later learned the truth. Whateva's

I decided to go Python first as an adult because it's supposed to be easier to pick up quickly, and with the Coursera courses I can learn to "think" more like a programmer. I am hoping C++ more in depth should be fairly easy to pick up... as they say, once you have learned one language, the others fall into place more easily. It's the first language that is the big wall. You might be right though.... but I hope you aren't. lol. I finished the first Coursera Python course a month ahead of schedule, waiting for them to open the gates on #2. In the meantime... working on a simple space invaders dos app as a way to keep coding. Keep coding, exam others code, code yourself, look at others code. Code code code! heeeellloooo https://www.codecademy.com/learn!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss