Hi again...

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Seems I can't post links to my blog on the forums without getting a warning and my thread deleted. Can't be bothered to rewrite my entire post which is now deleted so here's the short and boring version...

I'm a .NET Software Engineer living in the UK. Created a forum group here at Windows Central called ".NET Developers" if you want to discuss .NET in general or collaborate on UWP projects feel free to join up.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back...

Hi All,

I'm not quite new here but don't think I have ever introduced myself in the forums so giving it a go.

I've been reading WPCentral and WindowsCentral for maybe 5 years and only just created an account earlier this year to start commenting. I try my best to be level headed and let the least amount of Microsoft fanboyism show, but I guess that doesnt always work since I am a self proclaimed fan boy at heart.

While many people disagree, complain and "suffer" through Microsoft's latest reboot and transition away from the old ways of the past, I am truly enjoying it and think Microsoft is on the right path for the long run.

I'm a .NET Software Engineer working in the UK writing some of the most unexciting in the world. I love my job and the company I work for but I do wish I could be working on the cutting edge instead of mostly dealing with legacy code.

In my free time I try to work on my UWP app but being a new father doesn't give me much chance to write code at home! I'm always looking for like minded developers who want to collaborate on laid back projects and as such I've created the forum group ".NET Developers" here at Windows Central so if you feel like joining up just to chat, get help with tricky code or share your ideas and collaborate then simply request to join and I'll accept the request.

In the spirit of being more social I've also just created a twitter account (Yes, about 5 years too late!) so if you want to follow the rantings of a boring developer my handle is @mbrdevuk

I guess that's all for now, apologies for terrible spelling and punctuation, writing a forum post in Edge on a 640 is not so easy!

Regards,
Mitchell Ransom

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, mbrdev, and welcome to Windows Central!

I strongly suggest reading the Forum Community Rules and Guidelines.

I'll never waste my time with rules and guidelines! When I made my original thread it failed because it said I needed 10 posts before I could post a link, slowly got my 10 posts and made my harmless introduction thread. Rules say it's not allowed so it was deleted, fair enough, you live and learn. Now I know what not to do in the future, I.e. try to make friends using someone else's website. Just kidding, I'm only being dramatic :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll never waste my time with rules and guidelines! When I made my original thread it failed because it said I needed 10 posts before I could post a link, slowly got my 10 posts and made my harmless introduction thread. Rules say it's not allowed so it was deleted, fair enough, you live and learn. Now I know what not to do in the future, I.e. try to make friends using someone else's website. Just kidding, I'm only being dramatic :)

Those rules and guidelines were painstakingly thought about and made by the forum staff members - it's fair that all members should read them at least once. Besides, that will answer your questions the easy way without getting into unnecessary trouble.

You may not post links if you've got less than 10 thread posts - to prevent and discourage spammers from creating an account to just post spam links. But that's addressed now since you have 16 posts already.

You may not post links that lead to external websites for self-promotion, advertisement and for purposes of generating traffic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa