Meet Your Windows Central Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Everyday Windows Central's News Blog and Discussion Forums are viewed by thousands of guests and members. People come here looking for help, research on products and services and extended discussion for all things Windows: Phones, Tablets, 2-in-1 Devices, Laptops, Desktops, Xbox, Microsoft Services, Cloud Computing, Wearables and the emerging Internet of Things. Windows touches so many lives daily and is an internationally recognized group of platforms and services. Windows Central seeks to always be the premier place for users to draw from in order to enhance their Windows experiences.

With all this in mind, the Moderation team here at Windows Central is focused on doing everything we can do to encourage conversation, stomp spam and find answers to the questions you are looking for. We want to make your forums experience as enjoyable as possible. We volunteer our time and endeavour to bring a passion to this community with knowledgeable and dedicated volunteers.

Our mission as Moderators:

• Examine reported posts by the community and ensure all content adheres to the Mobile Nations Community Rules & Guidelines
  • Proactively remove SPAM and SPAMMERS from the board
  • Main duties:
    • Evaluate and maintain forum structure]
    • Moving threads to the best areas
    • Resolving issues between members
    • Retitling threads for clarity
    • Consolidating redundant threads
    • Closing unnecessary threads
    • Ensure all threads are on-topic
  • Assist the Community Manager with evolving the site by providing feedback and ensuring Mobile Nations goals and initiatives are met
  • Respect the community and its members

The Moderator Team Leader and Ambassador Team Leader accept some additional responsibilities:

• Selection and orientation of team members
  • Education, consultation and coordination of team members
  • Assisting and feeding back to the Community Manager

wpcentral_logo.png
Windows Central Moderator Team
(Updated December 23, 2015)

Moderator Team Leader
Muessig

Super Moderators
Laura Knotek
eric12341
rockstarzzz
a5cent
RumoredNow
Guytronic
xandros9
jmshub
worldspy99
gpobernardo
Pankaj981

Many thanks to our retired moderators
stmav
Dave Blake
Daniel Ratcliffe
HeyCori
palandri
Duvi
scottcraft
selfcreation
sinime
fatclue_98

Some Moderators may choose to introduce themselves in this thread.

We would like to open this thread up for member questions.

[info]For the purporses of this thread, Moderators may answer questions about our Community Rules and Guidelines, forum etiquette and board structure. This is not to be a technical help thread on specific devices. It is more about Moderators and their helpful role on the board.[/info]
[warn]This is not a venue for interpersonal disputes. Any issues with staff or other members should be addressed by Private Message. The Ambassador Team Leader and Moderator Team Leader are always open to private discussions about their Team Members. Interpersonal issues posted to this thread will be deleted and/or may incur disciplinary action.[/warn]

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Useful links for Windows Central:
Windows Central is a part of the Mobile Nations family oftech sites:
Your Passport that signs you into Windows Central also getsyou access to all the Mobile Nations forums. You are already a member!

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Thought I’d take this chance to tell you a little about myself. I’ve always been heavily interested in computers – from the time I got a Commodore 64 and helped my brother to build a PC at home, through to the Gameboy, Playstation, and Xbox 360’s I’ve enjoyed in the past. I build my own PC’s and I keep up to date with all aspects of PC tech as well as being interested in PC Gaming over console gaming nowadays.

I’m interested in tech in general but if we’re talking mobile phones I’ve had a multitude of devices ranging from Nokia 3210 and 3330’s to LG Viewty, Samsung Soul U990 and HTC Magic 2 and HTC Desire then Lumia 920, 930 and now my 950 XL. As you can see I used Android (for a number of years) before I tried a Lumia 920 and grew to love the Windows Phone OS. I joined Windows Central (or Windows Phone Central, as it was back then), when I was first looking for information about Windows Phone before I took the plunge and purchased my 920 and I’ve not looked back since. It still suits my purposes better than any other mobile OS (I like the simplicity and design of it.)

Speaking of design, I’m a Graphic Designer by trade and I even do freelance design in my spare time (including Web Design). And I’ve always been a sucker for forums. I love the nature of forums; people contributing to a real-time discussion – either asking for help or providing it.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with me and I’ll try to help you out if I can.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

My name is Robert, but they call me RumoredNow around here. I've been Ambassador Team Leader and Moderator since about mid-July, 2015 and an Ambassador since December, 2014.

I've been kicking around the Mobile Nations Forums for a few years. I started out on webOS Nation and when that hardware started getting long in the tooth I found myself on Android Central. I dabbled with some Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS and Sailfish via Nexus 4. So between that, my Nexus 7 (2012) and a Google TV box I was in and out with 'droid stuff, rooting, modding, flashing, et al... Kept switching devices around: some Android, webOS, symbian, tried an iPhone around the iOS 6 debut.

In August of 2013 I tried a T-Mo branded Lumia 521. It was a good price and I wanted to give Windows Phone a spin. I even used as a daily driver on a 1 week vacation. I was hooked. Live Tiles enchanted me. Everything I wanted to view and use being right there on the Start Screen was too compelling. I bought in and got a 925 pretty quickly. To the dismay of many I started camping out at Windows Central (or Windows Phone Central as it was called back then).

The rest is history, you're stuck with me now. Here I am, all in with the ecosystem. Love the UX and I'm looking forward to the future.

My Devices (updated Dec 23, 2015):
Dell Inspiron i3543 Laptop (Microsoft Signature Edition) - Windows 10
Nokia Lumia 2520 - Windows RT 8.1
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 - Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim
Microsoft Band 1st gen - latest firmware
BLU Win HD LTE - Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

I really love this community and I hope I've helped one or two of you along the way. My PM Box is always open.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

My name is Laura Knotek, and I am a Moderator at AndroidCentral and WindowsCentral. Some of you might remember me as ?lak611?, which was my user name when I first joined as a member of CrackBerry back in 2009.

My smartphone history started with Nokia Symbian. Then I got a BlackBerry, and a friend of mine suggested that I join CrackBerry. I used BlackBerry from June 2009 to April 2012. Then I switched to Windows Phone and became an Ambassador and later a Moderator at WindowsCentral. I switched my mobile platform from Windows Phone to Android in March 2015, but I still use desktop Windows (as well as desktop Linux, which I?ve used since 2006).

I love technology and have a degree in IT Networking.

My current mobile devices are a Moto X Pure Edition and a Nexus 7 (2013).

When I?m not here on the forums, I?m probably at Starbucks having coffee.

I enjoy all things tech related and would love to help you with anything that I?m able to do.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

My name is Mike, and I joined Windows Central in 2011, shortly after I got my Samsung Focus, which was my first smartphone. Once I used my WP7 phone, I got hooked. I then got a Lumia 920, a 1520, and a 950. While I've never owned an iPhone or an Android handset, my job puts me in regular contact with them, so I keep up. But I love my Windows Phones. The UI of the home screen and the security are killer features for me, and the extra features like the amazing cameras and Qi charging are the cherry on top. And since this forum deals with desktop Windows as much as phones, I've been using Windows on PCs since Windows 3.1, after switching from my first PC, an Amiga 500.

Currently, I am using a Lumia 950. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro that I updated to Windows 10 that I don't use all that often. I have an aging desktop that I built, and a Dell laptop that are currently running Windows 10 Pro. I also have a Linux PC and server in the house, and a Windows Home Server 2011.

During the daylight hours, I work for an IT Dept for a bank, where I work on Windows and Linux desktops and servers. I also work regularly with Android and iOS devices.

This is a great community of users, thanks to everyone for being part of it, and of course, feel free to PM me if you need anything.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hola, Bonjour, Gutan Tag, and Hey!

My name is Andreas, a.k.a a5cent, which is just a funny way of writing ascent (the opposite of descent, which has nothing to do with the rapper 50-cent).

I currently live in Switzerland. I'm an electronics and software engineer with some additional degrees in business administration. I've always been interested in computing technology. I built my first computers when I was around eight... with lego (always had a wild imagination)... before it was possible to assemble a computer from prefabricated parts. After years of lobbying my parents to buy me a computer, which remains on my list of top-10 victories of all time, I eventually got addicted to computer programming, which has persisted to this day. I'm multilingual, both in terms of natural languages and programming languages, but I'm not happy with the technological state of either... still working on fixing both. ;-) I'm also known to be permiscuOS, though only two of those loves are typically of interest to consumers (Windows and Linux).

In addition to anything that crunches numbers, I'm also interested in physics, mathematics, biology, politics, economics and religion (historically and sociologically, not in terms of religious practice). Unfortunately, there are not enough hours in a day to delve into everything I'm interested in, so most of it remains a hobby, like smartphones. I discovered WP in 2010, fell in love with the security model, the clean APIs, and how frugal it was in terms of resource consumption (nope, I don't judge operating systems the way most consumers do), so after stumbling around WMPU for a while, I eventually ended up here in 2011.

I don't use that many mobile computing devices. I've owned a Lumia 800, Lumia 720 and a Lumia 920. Currently I'm using a Lumia 830 and will probably spring for the next high-end device (not the 950/XL). I also own an iPhone, and I use a Windows laptop for travel. One of my current side projects (revamping the home theater setup) will likely introduce the first tablet to our home (have had no use for one so far). I have zero interest in smartwatches, but am getting into gear like fitness bands or online scales... just haven't found anything that I've found particularly impressive yet.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yo.

I'm Chris and I live on the east coast of the US and am currently a student.
I joined PreCentral.net in 2009 after being a lurker for some time IIRC. (before that I'd frequent Palm's own support forums and lurk on other sites like Brighthand and 1src. Also did frequent the news page on TreoCentral.)

My roots are in Palm OS as akid, before joining the modern world wit a 4th generation iPod touch.
My first phone was a Nokia Lumia 920 because I wanted to try something different which brought me here.
(unless you want to count the service-less Pre 2 I once obtained - also, shoutout to the "how to flash Amber/GDR2" tutorial in the 920 subforum.)
Cue whirlwind of other Windows Phones, Blackberries, etc.
Recently, I've settled for an iPhone a few months ago.
But ultimately, my favorite devices of all time were the Pre 2 and the Lumia 920. Loved the designs.
(runner ups are probably the Blackberry Z10 and Tungsten T3)

Otherwise I'm a fan of various things including Bionicle (which certainly dates me), gaming (Undertale, StarCraft, etc.), some anime, computer graphics and cosplay if I'm not being too lazy.

Thus far the gear I carry is:
- Apple iPhone 5s
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga (S1)
- I'm kind of in-between Windows Phones right now.

Anyways, hi.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I was very interested in computers even before I was a teenager. Luckily for me, my elementary school had computer classes once I hit grade 4 which was a rarity in India back in those days. At home I played with the Commodore 64 and ZX Sinclair computers and the local community science center had tons of different computer types to play with. However by the time I was 16 I decided I did not want a career in anything to do with computers.

I came to the US just as the whole internet thing was taking off big time. I dove in headfirst and had a lot of fun creating websites while in graduate school studying chemical engineering. I joined hotmail the day it allowed people to sign up for accounts and to this day use that account as my sign in on my Lumia 640.

As far as smartphones are concernced I started out with a HTC TyTn II in 2008 and then moved on to a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G in 2012 followed by a Nexus 4 in 2013 and then in October 2013 I bought a Lumia 521 and have since kept my main line on a WP of some sorts. I have sampled practically every WP device there is out there from the likes of Nokia/Microsoft, BLU, HTC, Samsung and currently use a Lumia 640. I also dabble from time to time with Android and iOS devices.

My day job involves designing and manufacturing of medical devices. My hobbies are traveling, cooking, listening to music, photography and trading gadgets. Quite a bit of photographic evidence related to my hobbies can be found here on the forums!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm Gian, and Google as knows me as gpobernardo. Basically I'm interested in a lot of things. I've been into stamp and bills collection, and I have a small collection of model aircraft. I collect, dismantle and clean my vintage pocket watch collection. I also collect crystals and fossils. I enjoy classical music and am an classical pianist myself. During my youth, my teachers always reprimanded my terrible penmanship, so in a period of two weeks I changed my penmanship which now makes my notebooks (and loose pieces of paper) look like they've been written on a century ago. I used to pass my time playing chess with some local hustlers in the local parks or streets. I enjoy candid photography, especially street photography. I like teaching, having philosophical discussions and helping people in general, but I avoid arguments about religion - we can only speak about what is certain. I'm a Ph.D. candidate in Chemical engineering, and I've touched on handwriting analysis, mentalism, hypnotism and even witchcraft - oh, what a world this is.

When it comes to my things, it's unacceptable to not know everything about it - this is why I've dismantled and re-assembled* practically everything I own except electronic devices. In my reserve officers training corps and aerospace cadets of the Philippines, in my batch, I held (or still hold) the unofficial record for dismantling and re-assembling an M-16 rifle: dismantling and re-assembling in around 9 seconds. Of course the gun and each of the 20+ parts that had to be dismantled must be well-lubricated in the first place, and dismantling didn't include removing the pistol grip and the muzzle.

I remember playing a first-person shooting game at the age of 8 in a PC. I hit a level (Level 13) in an alien planet and by default I couldn't finish the game before my oxygen reserves were depleted. In frustration, I looked at the program files for the game, modified a couple or so of lines in the configuration file, and voila I had unlimited oxygen... and unlimited ammunition for all weapons.

Anyway, back to my devices, I've owned:
Panasonic EB G300s
Nokia 3210
Panasonic GD90
Nokia 8210
Nokia 8250
Nokia 3120
O2 XDAII
some gray Alcatel with an orange back light
some blue Motorola with that small joy stick
O2 XDA Mini
Nokia E50
HTC T2222
HTC T3333
Nokia Lumia 610
HTC Windows Phone 8s
Nokia Lumia 1020

Among these, only the Lumia 1020 was bought by myself - the rest were given to me by my parents and grandparents usually because they've just bought a newer model. Because I wanted to know as much as I could about my windows device, I joined WPCentral; eventually, I was the one helping others more, usually by answering threads and giving detailed (too detailed?) explanations of what I think and/or know is going on. And now, I'm here.

I don't know how to end an introduction, since it usually becomes a mini auto-biography of some pie in my fragmented Life Pie Chart. I'm terrible at and avoid jokes - and I've been told there are many forms of it - but I love humor. And I have a cat, which I've been trying to fatten.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello Fellow Earthlings!

I go by @pankaj981 but as some of you may get it...my first name is Pankaj. I am from Mumbai but settled in Columbus. I am a huge Star Wars fan and a tech-lover. I am also into computer games (I don't like consoles), especially first-person-shooters (I have quite a few games yet to play on Steam). I am also learning photography on my Canon t3i and always carry it around whenever and wherever possible, on other times I have my Lumia 1520 :cool:

I have been an Ambassador in the past and spent quite a while knowing and blending with the the community we call, Windows Central. I have owned several devices until now [listed here], majority of them being Windows Phones. My first smart phone was an HTC P3452 running WM6.5.3, my Windows Phone journey began with the Samsung Focus. I currently use a Lumia 1520 as my daily driver in conjunction with other companion devices (MSI GT60, HP 2000, Dell Venue 8 Pro, iPhone 5S, Lumia 640, and a recently bought Nexus 5X).

You can hit me up for topics related to flashing ROMs, Windows, electronics, computers, tech in general, photography, counter strike, Star Wars...or anything in general. As a Moderator I am here to help..but most importantly to enjoy...like most of you.

See y'all around...

dancing-stormtrooper-o.gif

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Howdy all!

My real name is Jim I'm 45 years past 18 years old.

This forum and Mobile Nations has been a great on-line home.
There are so many very fine members and it's been an absolute joy participating as a volunteer.
I descended on Windows Phone Central sometime in November 2013 after buying the venerable T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 521.

Dabbling with Android and dealing with 2 disappointments there in 2009-2010 I kind of tossed mobile tech aside.
After discovering WP8 in 2013 it was such a welcome refresh on the small screen.
How could I not jump into Windows on the phone being the senior gadget geek that I am.

I left my job with the Dept. of the Air Force as a civilian forever in Sep 2007 at 55 years of age.
Worked for about a year as a tow truck driver then tried an under the counter business as a handyman.
Used a Blackberry curve in the 2 jobs above and found it awesome for communication and organizing.
Sadly those 2 efforts taught me that working for peanuts was too expensive for the retired guy.

I enjoyed active military service in the USAF for 6 years and left in 1980 after circling the earth a few times.
My years in the military offered me the chance to obtain electronics and specialized MCSE and A+ schooling there.

Scored a job with Alpine manufacturing testing floppy disc drives for almost a year after wearing the uniform.
I was hired by the USAF as a civilian mechanic at a local DOD logistics center which began my federal career.
Eventually moved to electronics repair since that was where my past talents lay, then on to aircraft systems until the end.

I really enjoy the diversity here which has taught me as an old man so much more about the globe.
Thank you all for that which I consider no small gift!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I guess I can post here even though I'm just a member. I'm a veteran USAF 1958-1962! I was a aircraft electrician on C130 . I enjoy learning new things and passing forward things I learned from others.
I read all your introductions. Looks like there is quite a wealth of knowledge and experience here in this bunch. I'm sure I will learn a lot. My interest is in PCs and W10!
If I'm not suppose to be here, just delete this!:wink: You all are appreciated!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a veteran USAF 1958-1962! I was a aircraft electrician on C130

Thank you for your Service.

My Devices (updated Dec 23, 2015):
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 - Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim
Microsoft Band 1st gen - latest firmware
BLU Win HD LTE - Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

Time for an update (November 12, 2016)
Nexus 7 (2013) - Android Marshmallow
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 - Windows Phone 8.1 + Lumia Denim (retired to Camera/Travel use)
Nokia Lumia 1020 - Windows Phone 8.1 + Lumia Denim (dedicated Camera)
Microsoft Lumia 650 - Windows 10 Mobile (daily driver)
Coship Moly W5 - Windows 10 Mobile (back up)
LG Fx0 - Firefox OS (a toy to tinker around with sometimes)

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Thought I’d take this chance to tell you a little about myself. I’ve always been heavily interested in computers – from the time I got a Commodore 64 and helped my brother to build a PC at home, through to the Gameboy, Playstation, and Xbox 360’s I’ve enjoyed in the past. I build my own PC’s and I keep up to date with all aspects of PC tech as well as being interested in PC Gaming over console gaming nowadays.

I’m interested in tech in general but if we’re talking mobile phones I’ve had a multitude of devices ranging from Nokia 3210 and 3330’s to LG Viewty, Samsung Soul U990 and HTC Magic 2 and HTC Desire then Lumia 920, 930 and now my 950 XL. As you can see I used Android (for a number of years) before I tried a Lumia 920 and grew to love the Windows Phone OS. I joined Windows Central (or Windows Phone Central, as it was back then), when I was first looking for information about Windows Phone before I took the plunge and purchased my 920 and I’ve not looked back since. It still suits my purposes better than any other mobile OS (I like the simplicity and design of it.)

Speaking of design, I’m a Graphic Designer by trade and I even do freelance design in my spare time (including Web Design). And I’ve always been a sucker for forums. I love the nature of forums; people contributing to a real-time discussion – either asking for help or providing it.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with me and I’ll try to help you out if I can.

That's nice I know you at months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo